U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 06:38 PM

55 posts, read 10,271 times

Advertisements

Iíve been having calf pain for about 5 days. Now when I bend over with my legs straight like Iím stretching the back of my ankle burns. Itíll stop when I lift up but if I bend back down itíll start burning again. And itís just the back of my ankle. If Iím sitting I can bend my ankle up and down with no burning and bend over in the chair and try to stretch like that and it wonít burn. Itís just when Iím standing up and bending over itíll burn.
I did hit golf balls last week for the first time in along time but I didnít hit that many lol. What do you think could be causing calf pain along with burning on the back of my ankle when stretching?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2019, 10:46 PM

7,132 posts, read 2,931,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quoting2400 View Post
Iíve been having calf pain for about 5 days. Now when I bend over with my legs straight like Iím stretching the back of my ankle burns. Itíll stop when I lift up but if I bend back down itíll start burning again. And itís just the back of my ankle. If Iím sitting I can bend my ankle up and down with no burning and bend over in the chair and try to stretch like that and it wonít burn. Itís just when Iím standing up and bending over itíll burn.
I did hit golf balls last week for the first time in along time but I didnít hit that many lol. What do you think could be causing calf pain along with burning on the back of my ankle when stretching?
Sounds like simple overuse of those specific muscles/Achilles tendon in a specific way. A motion they weren't used to making. They could simply be irritated and inflamed. An OTC anti-inflammatory pain reliever like ibuprofen and ice can help a lot. Overused muscles can also hurt because of micro tears in muscle fiber. They'll heal if you rest them and don't keep re-injuring them. Maybe you need to pay more attention to stretching and warming the muscles up enough before golfing. You sort of caught them "off guard" and unprepared for the unusual exertion.

Old 07-12-2019, 06:07 AM

5,467 posts, read 6,905,318 times
Stretch your hamstrings as well as your heel cords/calves. If the pain is happening only when bending forward, there is some hamstring tightness there as well.

Old 07-12-2019, 11:54 AM

9,381 posts, read 6,264,555 times
https://onestretch.com/

Stretch. Stretch. Stretch.

Old 07-12-2019, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
Stretch your hamstrings as well as your heel cords/calves. If the pain is happening only when bending forward, there is some hamstring tightness there as well.
I do have some discomfort in my hamstring but nothing compared to my calf.

Old 07-12-2019, 03:48 PM

I’m tryin to figure out if I did something to a nerve somewhere. Along with the calf pain and some hamstring pain I’ve been having a burning sensation in my bicep. I’m trying to understand where the burning pain is coming from.

Old 07-12-2019, 06:04 PM

4,986 posts, read 11,053,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quoting2400 View Post
Iím tryin to figure out if I did something to a nerve somewhere. Along with the calf pain and some hamstring pain Iíve been having a burning sensation in my bicep. Iím trying to understand where the burning pain is coming from.
There is no nerve that is common to the lower leg and biceps....no chance they are directly related.

Old 07-12-2019, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
There is no nerve that is common to the lower leg and biceps....no chance they are directly related.
Ya I wasnít sure if their was a nerve in the neck or back that could cause both

Old Yesterday, 04:15 AM

19,807 posts, read 19,905,205 times
It's possible that it's Achilles tendonitis but also have you checked to make sure you don't have an Achilles tendon tear?

Old Yesterday, 04:37 AM

976 posts, read 318,507 times
I had a similar issue last year from simply running three days in a row on an incline. I'd never run before and I did too much, too fast (typical for me). It was so bad I could barely walk. I iced my ankles for a week and then started some daily stretching I read about online. I was walking 100% normally and with no pain in three weeks and started slowly running after about a month. (and 4 months later I was running 5ks!)

Good luck to you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness