Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2019, 02:24 AM

5,110 posts, read 3,070,200 times

Advertisements

I was told before to try melatonin, warm milk, benadryl, ambien, etc. And all those made me feel really tired but they didn't actually put me to sleep.

I think I need something like a "no more mr. nice guy medication", in the sense that it's no fooling around and time for a much more serious medication than all those ones recommended to before. I need a bottom line, no messing around one, if there is such one.

Is there anything that will actually put me to sleep, and not make me feel just really tired only?
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2019, 03:27 AM

6,895 posts, read 5,861,550 times
Sounds like a conversation to have with a doctor.

Old 07-14-2019, 03:53 AM

1,412 posts, read 1,016,202 times
My problem isn't falling asleep, it's staying asleep. My doctor put me on Trazodone, and I'll take a Benadryl or Tylenol PM if I get desperate (which is rare now that I'm on the Trazodone).

For falling asleep, I believe the active ingredient in Unisom is better. There are numerous supplements out there that *might* help. But I'd talk to a doctor and see what they suggest. Some medications aren't safe option for the long term, at least not without medical supervision.

Wishing you luck, because I know just how much insomnia sucks....

Old 07-14-2019, 10:05 AM

Okay thanks, some of the medications so far, will put me to sleep for a few hours like 3-4, but that's it. And even that wears off once I develop a tolerance to it, or if I cannot be on it long term. The doctor said I am just going through stress and need to reduce that, but I feel that I need something to get me through the current run still.

Old 07-14-2019, 10:37 AM

6,102 posts, read 8,819,357 times
Marijuana edibles can be helpful. I have insomnia too. Usually a 1/2 of a 5 milligram Ambien does the trick. Since Ambien does not work for you look to the edibles.
If pot is not legal in your state you can get a medical marijuana card easily online and order your edibles that way too.

Old 07-14-2019, 11:03 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,749,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
I was told before to try melatonin, warm milk, benadryl, ambien, etc. And all those made me feel really tired but they didn't actually put me to sleep.

I think I need something like a "no more mr. nice guy medication", in the sense that it's no fooling around and time for a much more serious medication than all those ones recommended to before. I need a bottom line, no messing around one, if there is such one.

Is there anything that will actually put me to sleep, and not make me feel just really tired only?
OP: You've posted about this before and I've posted what all I use to sleep 10+ hrs nightly and I don't know if you tried what I put out there...but I'll not post again. Tryptophan puts me right back to sleep after bathroom visits during the night....this will all my other things.

The latest is the HGH homeopathic gel I've been using for about 6 months now, talk about SLEEP....wow...this is the FIRST thing everyone using it reports, great sleep. And dreams, all night.

Old 07-14-2019, 01:47 PM

Oh okay I haven't tried those ones, can you by tryptophan as a supplement? I will call the health stores when they are open and ask.

Old 07-14-2019, 08:33 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,371,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
OP: You've posted about this before and I've posted what all I use to sleep 10+ hrs nightly and I don't know if you tried what I put out there...but I'll not post again. Tryptophan puts me right back to sleep after bathroom visits during the night....this will all my other things.

The latest is the HGH homeopathic gel I've been using for about 6 months now, talk about SLEEP....wow...this is the FIRST thing everyone using it reports, great sleep. And dreams, all night.
Where is Tryptophan sold? Can I buy it in the drugstore?

Old 07-14-2019, 08:36 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,371,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post

Have you tried Ambien CR (extended release)? It might help you stay asleep longer.

Old 07-14-2019, 11:29 PM

Ambien worked for a few hours but not a whole 8 hour sleep for a night. However, I was told not to take it every day though, where as I would like something I can that would work better, if there is anything...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness