U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2019, 11:06 AM

44,981 posts, read 36,253,688 times

Advertisements

I got stuck on an earlier post and couldn't even move past it. You say you are germaphobic but then you say your sink is dirty and has mold in it. WHAT?

Post #2:
Quote:
Also my sink is pretty dirty and have some mold there.
Sorry but I don't consider myself a germaphobe at all but I can't imagine having a sink with mold growing in it. And then putting a bowl in there?

And don't use sponges - they're gross.

Old 07-16-2019, 12:24 PM

72,044 posts, read 83,705,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I got stuck on an earlier post and couldn't even move past it. You say you are germaphobic but then you say your sink is dirty and has mold in it. WHAT?

Post #2:

Sorry but I don't consider myself a germaphobe at all but I can't imagine having a sink with mold growing in it. And then putting a bowl in there?

And don't use sponges - they're gross.
wish I could get spoiled brat to stop using sponges. I keep buying new dish clothes and he keeps buying and using sponges. I do try to stick them in the dish waster about once a week, but I sometimes forget.

Old 07-16-2019, 02:57 PM

7,191 posts, read 2,954,384 times

OP you've said you tend to be germaphobic before. If this maid's methods disgust you so much just DECLINE the service and do your own cleaning!! Just because it is offered doesn't mean you have to use it. All this anxiety may be self-imposed.

Simple.

Old 07-16-2019, 02:58 PM

16,475 posts, read 16,586,163 times
Clean your own place, problem solved.

Nasty water should go down the toilet.

Old 07-16-2019, 03:36 PM

1,334 posts, read 401,146 times
Sounds like you should clean your own place. Meanwhile I use sponges but keep things separate. Bathroom and kitchen have separate sponges, but usually in bathroom I use the Clorox wipes and just throw them out. The kitchen sponge I replace every two weeks or less depending upon meals prepared. The sponge is always rinsed thoroughly and left to air dry.

Old 07-16-2019, 06:08 PM

690 posts, read 183,788 times
Yes your cleaning lady is gross.
I would not have kept her... but I understand that you have no choice..

Use that cleaning lady to scrub bathroom, toilet- do not let her in the kitchen.
You might need to watch her while she is cleaning: she may clean your shower with the same rag she cleaned your toilet.
You may need to show her how you want the cleaning done.
She may not be knowledgeable about how to properly use cleaning supplies, if she is not from this country.
The standards vary...
If you insist on using sponges in the kitchen yourself- wash them after each use, squeeze all water and microwave them for a few seconds to kill all “ wild life” on them!

Old 07-16-2019, 06:55 PM

23,440 posts, read 28,306,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik4me View Post
Yes your cleaning lady is gross.
I would not have kept her... but I understand that you have no choice..

Use that cleaning lady to scrub bathroom, toilet- do not let her in the kitchen.
You might need to watch her while she is cleaning: she may clean your shower with the same rag she cleaned your toilet.
You may need to show her how you want the cleaning done.
She may not be knowledgeable about how to properly use cleaning supplies, if she is not from this country.
The standards vary...
If you insist on using sponges in the kitchen yourself- wash them after each use, squeeze all water and microwave them for a few seconds to kill all “ wild life” on them!
You may put sponges in the dishwasher. If you choose to microwave them they should be wet and nuked for two minutes. They will get hot, so be careful.

https://momsagainstcooties.com/want-...itchen-sponge/

Old 07-16-2019, 08:23 PM

5,676 posts, read 3,160,120 times
I think a mop bucket of water is way too much water to dump in a toilet at once. You might overflow it. Same with a shallow shower, unless it's a bathtub.

I'm guessing when she dumps the mop water she has already cleaned the bathrooms and doesn't want to have to rinse them again. She dumps the mop water, and then proceeds to finish the kitchen and clean the sink....after dumping the water in.

Old Yesterday, 12:01 AM

392 posts, read 135,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Yes... Quit complaining and DO something... Including doing your own cleaning. You are very passive for someone who cares so much.

No one in our building does their own cleaning. Everyone who stays in our building gets cleaning done once every 2 weeks. You can't really refuse it... well you can but then you have to find someone to clean your place every 2 weeks. No one does that. The person in charge of the building wants cleaning every 2 weeks so that the apartment doesn't get dirty and moldy etc. There is not one person here that would refuse cleaning. I have no issue with having maid service, i like it. But the problem is the way she cleans the kitchen area... is what disgusts me.

Before she was here, we had other maids. The previous ones were much better in that they did not do things like she does. But she has been the maid for the building ever since. What do you want me to do?

Old Yesterday, 12:02 AM

392 posts, read 135,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
ericjustin2, I suspect if the cleaning person made the changes you wanted that you'd find something else to complain about their work. Your cleaning obsession is not healthy. I would add that she is not a maid but rather a cleaning person.

Yes she is cleaning person. You can use whichever term. I had zero issues with the cleaning ladies before her. They did not do things that disgust me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness