Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2019, 06:51 PM

10,225 posts, read 7,580,886 times

Advertisements

I will join in with the others. You DEFINITELY need to get to a gynecologist. You have something wrong going on, if you have severe pain. That is not normal in many, if not most, women. I never had pain, except for a very occasional minor cramp.

As for the emotional roller coaster, that is probably your hormones going berserk. I went through that really bad, when I was your age. The gynecologist will be able to advise you about that, too. It's possible that birth control pills will help with that, too. (Birth control pills are hormones.) The birth control pills MIGHT be able to regulate your hormones, making them more even keeled.

Do you exercise? Exercise can help. Some women who exercise a LOT (really a LOT) have been known to have their periods stop, as a side effect. But for those who don't exercise that much, exercise will help somewhat with the emotional roller coaster.

Do you have insurance or Medicaid or some way to get health care? I was told when a teenager that young women need to start being gynecologically checked annually. Our plumbing is pretty complicated, and problems crop up. These doctors have seen and heard it all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2019, 06:57 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,202,259 times
I'm not saying to not talk to your mother, but in many states, you do not need parental consent for reproductive health treatment as a teen. You may want her support, and she might find out anyway if she sees a bill coming through your health insurance or something like that, but the bottom line is that she doesn't get to decide if you need to seek medical treatment for this, you do.

And based on your symptoms, it does seem like you need medical help to determine what is going on, and what options are available to help.

Old 08-05-2019, 07:34 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
I used to get depo provera shots (sp?), and I think I had a period every 3 months or something? It was awhile ago. I've had a hysterectomy for 10 years, and THAT works great.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-05-2019, 07:37 PM

1,343 posts, read 1,372,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asurayama View Post
the pain, the most of the time unbearable pain, it feels like sharp knifes stabbing one after the other, sometimes it even goes all the way up to my back, making sitting, standing or really anything kind of harder to do, ... but over all it just the pain i feel that seems to get worse and worse each time i have my period, sometimes i have even wanted to cry from how badly it hurt, sleeping is the only time i get any peace aside from taking 2 pain killers every 6 hrs, but even sleeping can be sometimes hard from how much pain i can be in, ...
i am 17 but my mom told me she had to get her's stopped at a young age cause of the serious pain she went through....
I really, REALLY hope you and your mom get you to a doctor. This is not what most women have to endure. It sounds like your mom had the same thing and maybe together you can speak with the doctor about her history and how to manage your pain. I do hope you can find relief soon! If money is an obstacle, please TELL that to the doctor, in case there is a solution that he/she can work out for you.

Old 08-05-2019, 07:56 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,649,676 times
To answer OP's question: pregnancy.

Old 08-05-2019, 08:08 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,741,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
To answer OP's question: pregnancy.
What?? OP is 17.

Old 08-05-2019, 08:26 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
What?? OP is 17.
The answer is still correct, though not recommended.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-06-2019, 03:51 AM

8,753 posts, read 5,050,099 times
Someone Iwork with had a surgery to greatly reduce her periods.....just has spotting now. She had very painful periods. She is 40, and has all the children she wants. How old are you? Are you married? Do you want children? Dicuss with your doctor.

Old 08-06-2019, 06:39 AM

7,334 posts, read 4,127,994 times
Something to think about:

"Effective, uncomplicated birth control is important for many women. But it’s also important that birth control be safe. There are concerns that because birth control pills use hormones to block pregnancy they may overstimulate breast cells, which can increase the risk of breast cancer.

The concern is greater if you’re at high risk for breast cancer because of:

a strong family history of the disease

past breast biopsies showing abnormal cells

you or someone in your family has an abnormal breast cancer gene

If you’ve been diagnosed with breast cancer, you SHOULD NOT use contraceptives that use hormones. That’s because there’s evidence that these medicines might increase the risk of the cancer coming back (recurrence)."

AND

"Some experts thought the lower doses in today's contraceptive products might not be as risky as those older, hormone-heavy formulations. But this study has found this is not the case, says Dr. Keating. Lower hormone doses still seemed to raise the subjects' risk of developing invasive breast cancer.

An elevated breast cancer risk was found among not only users of hormonal birth control pills, contraceptive patches, and vaginal rings, but also women who used progestin-only implants and injections and hormonal IUDs.

The increase in risk persisted despite the fact that these products used different types of hormones. Study authors found that all hormonal methods — including progestin, whether used alone or in combination — raised breast cancer risk."

OP you need a doctor to discuss this with you. You might have endometriosis and pill probably isn't the right treatment for it.

Old 08-06-2019, 06:59 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
Cutting sugar and artificial sweeteners can help reduce pain. It's anecdotal, but it works for some people. And completely ditch soda. As in NO SODA EVER.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness