Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2019, 10:27 PM

17,569 posts, read 13,344,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
A family member went thru Sudden Hearing Loss at about age 40 or so and was married and had 2 little children. The family all came to the conclusion it was due to a lot of pharma drug interactions including Vicodin. She ended up with a Cochlear Implant in left ear only as the doctors wanted to leave the right one alone in case she got some hearing back.

15 yrs later she avoids drugs with a passion and lives with this damage.

She went thru House Clinic in L.A. and it's said probably 50% of hearing loss issues are due to Vicodin.

Have you taken a lot of drugs?

No way in hell is "Vicodin" associated with 50% of hearing loss!!!

I found 2 studies detailing hearing loss with Hydrodcodone and Acetaminophen. One detailed 5 patients and the other 12 patients

I didn't do a deep dive because of the time. But these numbers are insignificant (unless you are one of the 17 patients) when there are millions of people who have taken the med either short or long term. Plus the thousands and thousands of abusers!

Please don't exaggerate!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2019, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Well just know that so many drugs, legal or illegal can cause hearing loss and many other damaging issues.

Other than Aspirin, NAME THEM!

Old 09-05-2019, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
You write this all the time and yet it is abundantly clear from everything you post that you DON'T keep an open mind to everything...

You keep an open mind to everything that is not related in any way shape or form to established, medical protocol...

If it means surgery you want nothing to do with it and you want to make sure no else has anything to do with it

If it means Pharmaceuticals which have been tested and proven to be effective and safe you want nothing to do with them...

If it means established medical protocols for routine screening exams you want nothing to do with them, apparently "you know better" than the experts who have devoted their lives to this study....

Please stop posting you keep an open mind to everything....you really don't and it is crystal clear apparently to everyone but you....

I wish I could rep you again (I accidentally repped someone who quoted your post )

Unfortunately, you can add hot tubs to the list of things she wants nothing to do with (see her later post in this thread)

In my professional experience, infinitely more people have gotten or worse, or died, on quack cures and home remedies than with medical intervention. I'm sure that most people on this board will acknowledge that opinion.

I really feel sorry for those that have nothing better to do than complain and disparage medical advances

Old 09-05-2019, 10:58 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,738,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
No way in hell is "Vicodin" associated with 50% of hearing loss!!!

I found 2 studies detailing hearing loss with Hydrodcodone and Acetaminophen. One detailed 5 patients and the other 12 patients

I didn't do a deep dive because of the time. But these numbers are insignificant (unless you are one of the 17 patients) when there are millions of people who have taken the med either short or long term. Plus the thousands and thousands of abusers!

Please don't exaggerate!
So the info in #24 above is insignificant on drugs and hearing loss????

This is the clinic my daughter went thru for the SHL and Cochlear Implant. I don't exaggerate. I would love to think this is a sick dream on the hearing loss of this young woman.

https://www.newsoundhearing.com/blog...-hearing-loss/

It's shocking how so many here support so many of the toxic drugs that cause so much damage to so many.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 09-05-2019 at 11:10 PM..

Old 09-05-2019, 11:30 PM

Quote:

This is the clinic my daughter went thru for the SHL and Cochlear Implant. I don't exaggerate. I would love to think this is a sick dream on the hearing loss of this young woman.

It's shocking how so many here support so many of the toxic drugs that cause so much damage to so many.

1 person is bad. But a meta data search of hearing loss associated is an insignificant number based on the millions of people who take/took the product.

I said insignificant except for those affected...if you read my post

You said 50%... Just ain't so!

Old 09-05-2019, 11:43 PM

356 posts, read 319,866 times
Get a hearing aid.

Old 09-06-2019, 04:57 AM

2,145 posts, read 3,060,493 times
Quote:

Um, that article says Vicodin ABUSE can cause hearing loss. Abuse of any drug will have deleterious effects.

Again, a bit of moderation would go a long way...

Old 09-06-2019, 05:16 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,527,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed78 View Post
]Very scared
Just found out by my ent today that I suffered SSHL. In my left ear. I was on my last day of vacation ready to go home and woke up to a clogged ear that got me worried so I went to an urgent care asap. I'm taking prednisone with a tapered schedule for two weeks and had one injection to the ear Thursday. I hear clicking poping and some rapid low tones in my effected ear. Looking for advice from any who can make sense of what maybe going on. Please.
You need to get to an ENT immediately for a thorough diagnosis. This is not something an urgent care has any expertise in and the longer you wait the greater possibility of irreversible damage. This could easily be an acute problem or something more serious. See an ENT sooner rather than later.

Old 09-06-2019, 01:35 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,738,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reebo View Post
Um, that article says Vicodin ABUSE can cause hearing loss. Abuse of any drug will have deleterious effects.

Again, a bit of moderation would go a long way...
Abuse is rampant out there and we can blame docs on this issue.

Many end up with addiction issues.

Old 09-06-2019, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Abuse is rampant out there and we can blame docs on this issue.

Many end up with addiction issues.

Blame???? Gotta blame someone

Many???? How many?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness