U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 01:02 PM

24,864 posts, read 8,731,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
All true. When the outcome isn't what a person hoped it may be easier to blame someone for wrongdoing than to wrap their head around the concept of unhappy chance or unrealistic expectation. You have to prove wrongdoing, but some people don't bother. They've been victimized and that's all that matters. Get a lot of mileage out of it.
Who else does the patient blame, themselves I guess. They cut themselves open. I'd love to hear from you who is to blame for damage from surgeries? Please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 01:12 PM

6,871 posts, read 4,279,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Who else does the patient blame, themselves I guess. They cut themselves open. I'd love to hear from you who is to blame for damage from surgeries? Please.
Well, hmm. The surgeon goes over the procedure and states, "The benefits of this surgery are A, B, and C. The possible adverse side effects are X, Y, and Z. Sign here if you would like to proceed."

The patient signs.

One of the stated adverse side effects occurs.

Is anyone here to blame??

Old Yesterday, 01:46 PM

7,728 posts, read 3,235,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
This is the question...should blame exist. If you are someone who must assign blame for your misfortunes, you're going to search until you find a likely target. The surgeon, as well as anyone else involved in the procedure are all within firing range whether it is deserved or not.

Old Yesterday, 01:49 PM

8,270 posts, read 5,062,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
If you believe that for every situation there is a victim, well sure there's someone to blame.

It's like going to work for a giant corporation but starting out at the lowest level, then believing one is being victimized by having to start out at the lowest level.

Anyway, I guess we're not going to talk about when nerve damage happens before the surgery, because apparently that never occurs. Except for mine. Which took a year but it finally healed.

Sometimes it seems the elderly on this board believe they'd still have the body of a 24 year old were it not for all those "unnecessary" surgeries.

Old Yesterday, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
This is the question...should blame exist. If you are someone who must assign blame for your misfortunes, you're going to search until you find a likely target. The surgeon, as well as anyone else involved in the procedure are all within firing range whether it is deserved or not.
This post is NOT about blame!!!!! I'm letting off steam for pain I deal with from 3 surgeries and nerve damage.

Old Yesterday, 02:08 PM

4,015 posts, read 3,368,646 times
Quote:
Nerve damages are a major complications from so many surgeries, that's all I'm sayin.
Jamin, I'm sorry you live with pain and discomfort, but your above statement is nowhere near true statistically speaking. Nerve damage is a known and possible risk of many surgical procedures, yes, but it doesn't occur in anywhere near "many" surgeries, let alone most. In fact, the percentage of cases that result in nerve damage that was not present prior to the procedure is actually quite small.

So the likelihood that all three of your surgeries resulted in nerve damage as a direct result of those surgeries is very, very unlikely.

I've had two surgeries and no nerve damage. I guess I must have just been really lucky?

Old Yesterday, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Ag 93 View Post
Jamin, I'm sorry you live with pain and discomfort, but your above statement is nowhere near true statistically speaking. Nerve damage is a known and possible risk of many surgical procedures, yes, but it doesn't occur in anywhere near "many" surgeries, let alone most. In fact, the percentage of cases that result in nerve damage that was not present prior to the procedure is actually quite small.

So the likelihood that all three of your surgeries resulted in nerve damage as a direct result of those surgeries is very, very unlikely.

I've had two surgeries and no nerve damage. I guess I must have just been really lucky?
Yes, you are very lucky. And I was NOT. There are millions living with Nerve Damage issues and a huge number from surgeries.

Old Yesterday, 02:14 PM

6,871 posts, read 4,279,174 times
Quote:
This post is NOT about blame!!!!! I'm letting off steam for pain I deal with from 3 surgeries and nerve damage.
Jamin, venting is understandable. Getting old and being in pain are not fun. I want to say as kindly as possible, you are getting the reactions you are getting here because you have a reputation for blaming the medical field alone for everything bad that happens to the human body, and so people immediately think "Oh, there she goes again."

Fact is, most people in their 80s have some pain and some loss of ability to do things they did when younger, plus some regrets about things they wish they had done differently. But if you hadn't had those surgeries, would you still be feeling some pain and be experiencing reduced mobility now? Almost certainly yes.

I'm just saying you will get more sympathy if you phrase your vent more along the lines of "I'm having a lot of pain these days, doesn't getting old s*ck?" Plenty of people are going to agree with you there.

Old Yesterday, 02:42 PM

1,217 posts, read 629,331 times
Quote:
but I thought your gso and growth hormone fixed your issues. I'm sorry they aren't working anymore and you are back to having pain.

Old Yesterday, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
but I thought your gso and growth hormone fixed your issues. I'm sorry they aren't working anymore and you are back to having pain.
They are helping but not reversing 20-30 yrs of damage in a few months. I was feeling more pain this morning and felt like a rant, OK. And the hormone won't make me 20 again. Nor 60.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or