Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2019, 04:45 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,741,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
I've had lotsa surgeries and no nerve pain.

Pain is in my shoulders but I doubt any surgery can fix that. Shoulders are problematic.

OP, try some MJ edibles. You won't care about the pain as much, and you'll sleep well.
I don't want MJ edibles and I sleep 10 some hrs every night. I've posted my sleep remedy in this forum and tried to help so many who don't sleep. Thanks. I have shoulder issues too from gym work and surgery is something I'll never do there...only asking for more issues to go bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2019, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
Maybe you have sciatica, especially given your lower back pain. There is also an association between sciatica and arthritis which you said you've had since age 18.

I had sciatica for a very painful and debilitating 2 year period. Sciatica is easily mistaken for arthritis pain. Long story short - inflammation causes the pain regardless of which one is the source. If I were you, I would scrutinize everything I consumed in the 48-72 hours preceding waking up in more pain, including supps that may not play well together, and start paying attention to all of that. Significantly increase anti-inflammatory foods, and reduce or eliminate inflammatory foods, and eat a nutrient-rich healing diet.

Sitting for long periods will also make sciatica flare. When we go on long trips now, we just take longer to reach our destination. I can't remember the last time I had to take an OTC med, which doesn't do much for nerve pain anyway. Barely makes it tolerable and is not worth the long term side effects.

I have since learned that Feverfew has been used through the ages for both sciatica and neuralgia. It calms the irritated, inflamed nerves, but obviously it's best to avoid inflaming it unnecessarily. St. John's Wort is also used for that. I haven't had the need to try either one yet.

Maybe it's time to explore other possibilities for the source of your pain. Pain is just a symptom, and only addressing that doesn't help the underlying issue. Even if it was from surgery.
I live with some 40 yrs of sciatic nerve damage as I've said above. It's been better over the years and it's been flairing in recent years.

And yes I know about sitting too long, so I get up and move from this computer often.

My life has become limited from all the damage done from the 3 surgeries I've had.

And the "gel" I'm now using is helping somewhat so I continue.

There are millions out there with damage done from surgeries and YES I know good outcomes too.

I've posted over the years on the products I've used for burning and tingling from the nerve damage and don't have that so much but whole thigh is numb...and probably adhesions too from the anterior approach surgery. My friend had a posterior approach hip done and she has no nerve damage and numbness.

Old 09-04-2019, 04:58 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,575,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
This post is NOT about blame!!!!! I'm letting off steam for pain I deal with from 3 surgeries and nerve damage.

I know you use supplements, so I'm wondering if you have tried any for the nerve pain. I have considerable nerve pain from MS at times, and B vit complex and fish oil help. Also magnesium oil.

Old 09-04-2019, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
I know you use supplements, so I'm wondering if you have tried any for the nerve pain. I have considerable nerve pain from MS at times, and B vit complex and fish oil help. Also magnesium oil.
Yes and I said that above. What helped me over the years. Inosine and Sphingolin helped some yrs back and I'm improved compared to where i've been and the B vitamins too. I've been talking about the nerve damage since I got here and mag oil irritates my skin so I take it internally.

When I made this post, I was just having a bad morning.

Old 09-04-2019, 08:00 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
I am sorry you were having a bad day.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-04-2019, 08:41 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,247,100 times
Quote:
I live with some 40 yrs of sciatic nerve damage as I've said above. It's been better over the years and it's been flairing in recent years.

And yes I know about sitting too long, so I get up and move from this computer often.

My life has become limited from all the damage done from the 3 surgeries I've had.

And the "gel" I'm now using is helping somewhat so I continue.

There are millions out there with damage done from surgeries and YES I know good outcomes too.

I've posted over the years on the products I've used for burning and tingling from the nerve damage and don't have that so much but whole thigh is numb...and probably adhesions too from the anterior approach surgery. My friend had a posterior approach hip done and she has no nerve damage and numbness.
Jam- You're 80+. Wouldn't your life be limited regardless? The surgeries may have caused some issues, yes but really...no one gets to 80 without issues. No one knows whether you'd have nerve or hip issues due to aging or prior surgeries. Isn't it just a great thing being alive with very little issues? I'll probably never see 80 with my issues. I'm sorry you were having a bad day.

Old 09-05-2019, 08:14 AM

5,425 posts, read 3,488,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Probably better to see a therapist or psychiatrist instead of venting and ranting in an anonymous forum.
Seriously, it's cheaper to vent in a forum. Haven't studies been done that say this activity hits the pleasure (dopamine??? I'm not all that up on medical terms) receptors in the brain the same as A/D and anxiety drugs do? <--- I am being totally serious here, not being snarky.

Old 09-05-2019, 02:07 PM

17,568 posts, read 13,344,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
Seriously, it's cheaper to vent in a forum. Haven't studies been done that say this activity hits the pleasure (dopamine??? I'm not all that up on medical terms) receptors in the brain the same as A/D and anxiety drugs do? <--- I am being totally serious here, not being snarky.

That's not the place of a forum that is supposed to be used to ask for substantive information to help with health and wellness issues.

Venting and ranting is for Facebook (And I am being totally serious here, not being snarky)

Old 09-05-2019, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Jam- You're 80+. Wouldn't your life be limited regardless? The surgeries may have caused some issues, yes but really...no one gets to 80 without issues. No one knows whether you'd have nerve or hip issues due to aging or prior surgeries. Isn't it just a great thing being alive with very little issues? I'll probably never see 80 with my issues. I'm sorry you were having a bad day.
I often wonder how my life 80 yr life would be had NOT done the invasive hip job....I wonder that probably every day. I've been a strong active busy person and this job stopped most of that life. I have no other issues, strong heart, no diseases but this "job" I live with. So yes I deal with anger and can't be too joyful about it all.

Old 09-05-2019, 03:38 PM

14,302 posts, read 11,692,440 times
Quote:
I often wonder how my life 80 yr life would be had NOT done the invasive hip job....I wonder that probably every day. I've been a strong active busy person and this job stopped most of that life. I have no other issues, strong heart, no diseases but this "job" I live with. So yes I deal with anger and can't be too joyful about it all.
What was going on with your hip? Were you in a lot of pain, having limited mobility, etc., which caused you to get the hip replacement?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness