U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 09-05-2019, 08:03 AM
 
1,242 posts, read 634,663 times
Reputation: 2198

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
OP: I have had some tinnitus issues off and on in my life and lately NOT SO, and I know that the antioxidants I take and have been for many years keep this issue very minimal. My hearing is good and I'm 81.
How loud and what type of tinnitus have you had, Jam? How long did it last?

Oh wow, I'll google and read up on grapes curing tinnitus, I didn't know that they were a solution for this problem. No one in my 30 years of tinnitus has told me this. I'm on a few hearing loss / tinnitus groups, I'm going to share this info.

I take a lot of vitamins and antioxidants, I must be taking the wrong ones. Thanks!

 
Old 09-05-2019, 09:34 AM
 
9,751 posts, read 6,453,783 times
Reputation: 18491
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
How loud and what type of tinnitus have you had, Jam? How long did it last?

Oh wow, I'll google and read up on grapes curing tinnitus, I didn't know that they were a solution for this problem. No one in my 30 years of tinnitus has told me this. I'm on a few hearing loss / tinnitus groups, I'm going to share this info.

I take a lot of vitamins and antioxidants, I must be taking the wrong ones. Thanks!

Antihistamines and allergy shots are better!
 
Old 09-05-2019, 10:16 AM
 
Location: The Driftless Area, WI
2,890 posts, read 1,122,885 times
Reputation: 6315
For most of us old fogies, tinnitus is the first sign of the hearing loss seen with aging. It's the auditory equivalent of your foot "going to sleep"-- nerves acting like they've been stimulated without actually having been exposed to the natural stimulus.... For younger fogies, middle ear problems, like infection or allergies (otitis in general) which are treatable may be the problem.


Dostoyevsky, the author, said he belonged in his youth to an extremely exclusive club. The initiation process required that potential members sit in a corner for one hour and NOT think of a white bear. Very few passed the test.-->


Tinnitus gets worse when you think about it, so don't think about it. Keeping a radio/TV etc playing may help you ignore it. Not much else you can do.
 
Old 09-05-2019, 11:34 AM
 
Location: Haiku
4,743 posts, read 2,755,769 times
Reputation: 6967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
Greetings,

60 year old male here. I've never had an issue with Tinnitus in my life until very recently. I do have two siblings that have this condition though. I've had poor hearing all my life and I do wear hearing aids although rarely at home. I few months ago I started hearing a noise in my left ear and at first I thought it was something within my home. Didn't take long to realize it was just me. Thing is there is no ringing of the ear but more of a sound like a bunch of Cicada's. It's pretty much non stop now. Am I right in believing that there is really nothing that can be done about this or is it worth seeing someone about it?
Get it checked out to be safe but more than likely it is just your ears aging. Most of us go through it to various degrees. I have really bad tinnitus but have gotten used to it. Hearing aids help because tinnitus is related to hearing loss.
 
Old 09-05-2019, 11:48 AM
 
Location: Southern California
24,933 posts, read 8,762,483 times
Reputation: 16210
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Antihistamines and allergy shots are better!
Not in my life, I did that route for years before 1995 and have not touched a drug or seen a doc for this issue since Grape SEED Extract. I supported Sudafed and Drixoral companies for years and also the allergist I saw, who NEVER helped me with his shots....
 
Old 09-05-2019, 11:51 AM
 
Location: Southern California
24,933 posts, read 8,762,483 times
Reputation: 16210
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
How loud and what type of tinnitus have you had, Jam? How long did it last?

Oh wow, I'll google and read up on grapes curing tinnitus, I didn't know that they were a solution for this problem. No one in my 30 years of tinnitus has told me this. I'm on a few hearing loss / tinnitus groups, I'm going to share this info.

I take a lot of vitamins and antioxidants, I must be taking the wrong ones. Thanks!
It's been off and on for years and in recent months everything is so much clearer in the hearing ear areas..I believe the "gel" is doing something too. My ears and hearing are more and more crystal clear. And I don't sit around and eat bowels of grapes, I take a capsule a couple times a day, and Vit C too.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 09-05-2019 at 12:37 PM..
 
Old 09-05-2019, 02:34 PM
 
1,242 posts, read 634,663 times
Reputation: 2198
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
It's been off and on for years and in recent months everything is so much clearer in the hearing ear areas..I believe the "gel" is doing something too. My ears and hearing are more and more crystal clear. And I don't sit around and eat bowels of grapes, I take a capsule a couple times a day, and Vit C too.
I know you didn't mean you sit around eating grapes, but you have referred to your supp as "The Grape" at times.
 
Old 09-05-2019, 02:52 PM
 
Location: Southern California
24,933 posts, read 8,762,483 times
Reputation: 16210
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
I know you didn't mean you sit around eating grapes, but you have referred to your supp as "The Grape" at times.
Sany, Yes I have and the SEED is the major major power of the grape. That's why I take Grape SEED Extract for close to 25 yrs. Read about the power of the great grape, it's all out there. What else can I say, I've been talking about this power SEED for decades. From the seed comes the grape !!!!!
 
Old Yesterday, 01:37 AM
 
82 posts, read 36,302 times
Reputation: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
Greetings,

60 year old male here. I've never had an issue with Tinnitus in my life until very recently. I do have two siblings that have this condition though. I've had poor hearing all my life and I do wear hearing aids although rarely at home. I few months ago I started hearing a noise in my left ear and at first I thought it was something within my home. Didn't take long to realize it was just me. Thing is there is no ringing of the ear but more of a sound like a bunch of Cicada's. It's pretty much non stop now. Am I right in believing that there is really nothing that can be done about this or is it worth seeing someone about it?
Would be interesting to know if you have any other health issues especially autoimmune disorders. The medical industry claims they do not know what causes Tinnitus. If you haven't heard of "The Medical Medium" he advises that spirit (The Spirit of Compassion) tells him that it is caused by the Epstein Barr virus. Medical science has not yet admitted this yet. Most people have the EBV dormant in them waiting for a trigger to become active. His protocols include 16-32 ounces of celery juice on an empty stomach before breakfast each morning ( This will clean you out so be careful if you have to go to work, you may have to start slow on a weekend or vacation until a majority of the bad stuff is removed ) and also the Heavy Metal Detox Smoothie. These protocols break down the EBV virus and remove toxic metals from your body which feed the EBV virus. Some must include supplements are: Ester C, B-12 blend of methylcobalamin and adenosylcobalamin, and Zinc Sulfate Liquid. This will get you going but you also must stop eating the no foods. No eggs (virus food), no dairy and no wheat or corn. Your diet should consist of mainly fresh raw or steamed veggies and tons of fruit. Fruit fruit fruit and more fruit. Use potatoes or sweet potatoes as your bulking starch. The Lysine in the potatoes help kill the EBV. Herbs are great also as they are all anti-viral and anti-bacterial. Celery is an herb. You can eat a little bit of meat but remember that protein in itself has almost no calories. All the calories from that steak are mostly calories from the fat. In order to help your liver break down and remove the EBV and strep bacteria that is usually associated with the EBV you have to give it a break from producing bile due to all of that fat that is consumed. Reduce fat intake to 10 percent or less. Its no wonder that most Americans are sick as almost everyone is on a high fat diet.


You can also check out Dr. Robert Morse on You Tube as his healing style is similar to the Medical Medium.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5ImhX0v034


https://www.amazon.com/Medical-Mediu...s%2C177&sr=8-1
 
Old Yesterday, 02:08 AM
 
Location: San Francisco
16,590 posts, read 5,448,743 times
Reputation: 51999
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dells View Post
Would be interesting to know if you have any other health issues especially autoimmune disorders. The medical industry claims they do not know what causes Tinnitus. If you haven't heard of "The Medical Medium" he advises that spirit (The Spirit of Compassion) tells him that it is caused by the Epstein Barr virus. Medical science has not yet admitted this yet. Most people have the EBV dormant in them waiting for a trigger to become active. His protocols include 16-32 ounces of celery juice on an empty stomach before breakfast each morning ( This will clean you out so be careful if you have to go to work, you may have to start slow on a weekend or vacation until a majority of the bad stuff is removed ) and also the Heavy Metal Detox Smoothie. These protocols break down the EBV virus and remove toxic metals from your body which feed the EBV virus. Some must include supplements are: Ester C, B-12 blend of methylcobalamin and adenosylcobalamin, and Zinc Sulfate Liquid. This will get you going but you also must stop eating the no foods. No eggs (virus food), no dairy and no wheat or corn. Your diet should consist of mainly fresh raw or steamed veggies and tons of fruit. Fruit fruit fruit and more fruit. Use potatoes or sweet potatoes as your bulking starch. The Lysine in the potatoes help kill the EBV. Herbs are great also as they are all anti-viral and anti-bacterial. Celery is an herb. You can eat a little bit of meat but remember that protein in itself has almost no calories. All the calories from that steak are mostly calories from the fat. In order to help your liver break down and remove the EBV and strep bacteria that is usually associated with the EBV you have to give it a break from producing bile due to all of that fat that is consumed. Reduce fat intake to 10 percent or less. Its no wonder that most Americans are sick as almost everyone is on a high fat diet.


You can also check out Dr. Robert Morse on You Tube as his healing style is similar to the Medical Medium.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5ImhX0v034


https://www.amazon.com/Medical-Mediu...s%2C177&sr=8-1

Great if it works for you, but it sounds awfully unscientific and faddish to me, not to mention nutritionally unbalanced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top