U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2019, 05:41 PM

185 posts, read 75,532 times

Advertisements

So I have not smoked weed in years. Since it is now legal in California, I decided to try out a dispensary. I purchased an eight, 3.5 grams and smoked it all in two days. I got called about a job I applied for months ago, and they asked if I was able to pass a drug test in about 3 weeks? I said yes, do I have a chance of passing a blood or urine test by then? Would working out and eating healthy even help?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2019, 06:05 PM

5,142 posts, read 8,144,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2017 View Post
So I have not smoked weed in years. Since it is now legal in California, I decided to try out a dispensary. I purchased an eight, 3.5 grams and smoked it all in two days. I got called about a job I applied for months ago, and they asked if I was able to pass a drug test in about 3 weeks? I said yes, do I have a chance of passing a blood or urine test by then? Would working out and eating healthy even help?
It's possible, but there are various factors to consider. Here's an article that covers the subject. Read the whole thing.
https://www.leafly.com/news/science-...in-your-system

Old 09-06-2019, 07:35 PM

5,336 posts, read 2,053,440 times
Quote:
Why did you tell them "yes?"

THC stays in your system for a month.

Since it is legal in California, I wouldn't think it would be any big deal to say, "I can pass for everything except weed."

P.S. I don't get why you titled this thread "Marijuana Medicine." Makes no sense.

Old 09-06-2019, 11:07 PM

15,674 posts, read 18,024,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post

THC can stay in your system for a month if you are a chronic smoker. A non smoker who partakes one time might test positive for only a few days. There are all kinds of variables.

I recommend OP read this article to get an idea of how to interpret his use and ability to pass a drug screen for cannabis.

Personally, I think an eighth smoked over the course of a short period of time, then ceased for three weeks until the drug screen is probably going to test negative. I personally would not have any reservations about taking the test if I were in the same circumstances. The worst that can happen is he will not get the job.

Old 09-07-2019, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Why did you tell them "yes?"

Since it is legal in California, I wouldn't think it would be any big deal to say, "I can pass for everything except weed."

P.S. I don't get why you titled this thread "Marijuana Medicine." Makes no sense.
That is what I read in the storefront of the dispensary.

Old 09-08-2019, 03:35 PM

2,703 posts, read 1,609,919 times
How often were you smoking? How much did you smoke? If infrequently you’ll be fine. If not you may have an issue. If you want to know you can buy a test at the pharmacy and see, odds are they won’t do something like a hair follicle year which would be positive pretty much no matter what but will do a typical urine drug screen.

Old 09-08-2019, 03:58 PM

9,811 posts, read 6,480,910 times
Quote:

It's still Federally ILLEGAL. A Class l substance. And many companies will not hire or will fire someone based on a urine test fail

Many professional licenses can be revoked for MJ use (Pharmacy, nursing, MD, law inforcement, etc) also, a concealed carry permit can be revoked.

Old 09-09-2019, 02:50 PM

3,753 posts, read 2,509,530 times
Quote:
Don't guess at it. You can buy the THC tests on ebay or many different pharmacies.

3.5g in two days, then nothing for 3 weeks is almost 100% guaranteed to test negative.

Either way, if the job is important to you, get the tests.

Yes, working out and sweating a lot would help to flush things out.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/10-Pack-E...-Kit/886993441

Old Today, 07:13 PM

The dispensary text me telling me they forgot to give me my free gift for first timers. I saw the text today. Called and verified if they still had it. So I went since it was a free pre rolled joint that sells for $15 normally, presidential grade. I guess I wont be taking that drug test. And now I wonder why I ever quit?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness