U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2019, 12:37 PM

7,982 posts, read 3,417,685 times

Advertisements

https://www.arthritis.org/living-wit...injections.php

Injecting "rooster comb" into a joint is done for a very different reason than than repairing/strengthening the bones of the joint. Just sayin'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 04:52 PM

935 posts, read 331,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
BTW: I'm not posting this for me.. Just asking if others know of it. Thanks.
Hi. I was just researching online about hip pin replacement surgery, and found out that it's very complicated. My husband has pins, and is having a lot of pain walking, but after I read to him about the possibilities and complications of pin removal from the following website, he said he's not having it done. But I don't know. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1963692/
(Sounds pretty bad...)
The thing that bothers me is that there are different kinds of screws, and I suppose cement being sold to doctors. There is no uniform code as to what is better from what I have read so far. Pretty bad, imho. And the surgeon that did his hip pinning does not go into detail, as I notice most, if not all, doctors, do the same thing today, as if we're dummies and we should just accept their say-so.
But anyway, the above link is interesting, if nothing else. Maybe I'll take it to the surgeon next time we speak with him and wait for him to throw me out of his office.

Old Today, 04:56 PM

935 posts, read 331,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
https://www.arthritis.org/living-wit...injections.php

Injecting "rooster comb" into a joint is done for a very different reason than than repairing/strengthening the bones of the joint. Just sayin'.
The guy (doctor) who told me about the rooster comb treatment for my knee said it would give me about 6 months. Big deal. He said I needed knee replacement. As I was reading more about these things, one woman who worked at a hospital told me that when they first started knee replacements there was a lot of mess-ups. And even know I speak to some who did well, and some who did not do well.
I finally did easy aerobic exercise at a rehab pool with a group where I live last week, so glad I did and I felt much, much better after the exercise. I look forward to doing the exercise again and hope the aftermath continues.

Old Today, 06:33 PM

2,514 posts, read 6,485,440 times
My open heart surgery was closed and held together with what was called super glue,no staples.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or