U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2019, 03:55 PM

23,805 posts, read 28,964,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post

I was given the generic last year, I didn't know it was the generic the pharmacist gave me until the pill made me throw up. My pharmacy is an "old time" one where they don't even have an app, nor do they text. If you need a refill, you have to call them. I told the pharmacist that it made me sick, he couldn't believe it. He not only told me and showed me the 2 bottles that it was by the same maker, it had the same lot number on it, he told me it was made on the same run as the brand, their lot numbers and everything were the same except one said generic. He said they were the exact same pill. I told him that they couldn't be because of how sick it made me. I suspect it had cheaper fillers in it. It seems that these fillers make me sick.

I don't think he even stocks them any more because they're not much cheaper then the brand Oxy's.
It seems you do not understand what your pharmacist told you. The "generic" he gave you was the brand name product. The only difference was the labeling. The pills were from the brand name maker just sold under the generic name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2019, 05:19 PM

9,939 posts, read 6,560,529 times
Quote:

Back in 2005 they had generic Oxycontin that made me throw up. My dad who was fighting cancer at the time, also threw up from them. To make sure it had to be the medication, I gave him one of my brand name ones, he was fine. The only time he got sick was when taking the generic. The generic Oxy's were discontinued and up until last year, there were no generic Oxycontin.

I was given the generic last year, I didn't know it was the generic the pharmacist gave me until the pill made me throw up.

If it was Oxycontin generic, you threw up on the real thing

Perdue makes the generic and brand on the same lines with the same formulations and the same raw materials

It WAS NOT the med that made you sick

Old Yesterday, 12:22 PM

11,151 posts, read 21,750,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
If it was Oxycontin generic, you threw up on the real thing

Perdue makes the generic and brand on the same lines with the same formulations and the same raw materials

It WAS NOT the med that made you sick
It was the pills that made me sick. As I said, I didn't even know it was the generic that he gave me. I get that Purdue is supposed to keep the formulation the same but they didn't. They had to have changed the fillers for me to get sick from it.

Old Yesterday, 01:41 PM

5,120 posts, read 11,247,834 times
Quote:
It was the pills that made me sick. As I said, I didn't even know it was the generic that he gave me. I get that Purdue is supposed to keep the formulation the same but they didn't. They had to have changed the fillers for me to get sick from it.
The MOST common side effect of any narcotic is nausea and vomiting and it has nothing to do with "fillers"

Opiates can provoke nausea and vomiting in any one at any time no matter if they tolerated the medication 99 times out of 100 before

The fact that you got "sick" from an opiate almost certainly has nothing to do with an opiate being generic vs name brand....the opiate formulation is EXACTLY the same

Old Yesterday, 02:45 PM

The addicts and seniors who sold half (or more) of their oxycontin always demanded brand. That way they made more per tablet.

I always told them to take, or leave, what I dispensed

Old Yesterday, 02:54 PM

I refused to fill anything for the addicts that showed up on OARRS as pharmacy and Dr shoppers

Old Yesterday, 03:08 PM

Quote:
I still do not think you get what your pharmacist told you. The drug company made a batch of pills. Some of that batch was sold under the brand name. Some of the same batch was sold under the generic label. All of the pills were made at the same time from exactly the same ingredients. The "formulation" of all the pills was the same. The only difference was the name on the packaging.

Old Today, 07:17 AM

11,151 posts, read 21,750,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
I still do not think you get what your pharmacist told you. The drug company made a batch of pills. Some of that batch was sold under the brand name. Some of the same batch was sold under the generic label. All of the pills were made at the same time from exactly the same ingredients. The "formulation" of all the pills was the same. The only difference was the name on the packaging.
I do get what my pharmacist said. Read back over my replies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
The MOST common side effect of any narcotic is nausea and vomiting and it has nothing to do with "fillers"

Opiates can provoke nausea and vomiting in any one at any time no matter if they tolerated the medication 99 times out of 100 before

The fact that you got "sick" from an opiate almost certainly has nothing to do with an opiate being generic vs name brand....the opiate formulation is EXACTLY the same
I've been on oxycontin 10+ years. The brand has never made me sick; it's the generics that make me sick.

I don't know how any of you can say with certainty that the generic I was given was the exact same medication. As I've said many times, I did not know Greg gave me the generic but it still made me sick leading me to believe it most certainly had something different even though it was not supposed to

Quote:
The addicts and seniors who sold half (or more) of their oxycontin always demanded brand. That way they made more per tablet.

I always told them to take, or leave, what I dispensed
Is that directed at me because I take brand OP? I don't sell my meds and I don't know anyone that would buy OP's on the street. People want oxycodone on the street, not OP's.

Quote:
I refused to fill anything for the addicts that showed up on OARRS as pharmacy and Dr shoppers
I do not doctor shop. I went to my 1st PM doctor from 2001 until 2011 and had to switch because he didn't accept my insurance. I've been with my PM doctor since then. She's with a university hospital and very reputable.

Old Today, 10:50 AM

Quote:

I've been on oxycontin 10+ years. The brand has never made me sick; it's the generics that make me sick.

I don't know how any of you can say with certainty that the generic I was given was the exact same medication. As I've said many times, I did not know Greg gave me the generic but it still made me sick leading me to believe it most certainly had something different even though it was not supposed to
Here is what you said earlier:

Quote:
I told the pharmacist that it made me sick, he couldn't believe it. He not only told me and showed me the 2 bottles that it was by the same maker, it had the same lot number on it, he told me it was made on the same run as the brand, their lot numbers and everything were the same except one said generic. He said they were the exact same pill. I told him that they couldn't be because of how sick it made me. I suspect it had cheaper fillers in it. It seems that these fillers make me sick.
If they were both from the same manufacturer, same batch, and same run there is no way they had different ingredients in them. The whole reason behind lot numbers is because they identify identical product.

Old Today, 02:53 PM

400 posts, read 181,021 times
Quote:

Is that directed at me because I take brand OP? I don't sell my meds and I don't know anyone that would buy OP's on the street. People want oxycodone on the street, not OP's.

I do not doctor shop. I went to my 1st PM doctor from 2001 until 2011 and had to switch because he didn't accept my insurance. I've been with my PM doctor since then. She's with a university hospital and very reputable.
Oxycontin used to be desired by junkies before 2010. They would crush it up. In 2010, it was reformulated. If you crush it, it becomes jelly like. All the old generic Oxycontin were removed at that point. Now they all want oxycodone 30.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or