U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2019, 06:49 PM

1,308 posts, read 366,946 times

Advertisements

So don't drink it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2019, 07:49 PM

15,583 posts, read 8,912,001 times
Agreed! - that's why I only drink Diet Mt. Dew!

Old 09-24-2019, 08:03 PM

4,993 posts, read 2,288,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biezer View Post
Coke (and Pepsi, etc.) contains phosphoric acid, which is just one level below battery acid. The consumption of it leads to the decalcification of bones (and a lot more). By that, it doesn't help at all to choose the diet or zero version; it even worse the situation, for that one contains the sweetener aspartame which can cause blindness.
The amount of phosphoric acid in soda is minimal compared to that found in chicken or cheese.

Nearly all carbonated soft drinks contain carbonic acid, which is moderately useful for tasks such as removing stains and dissolving rust deposits (although plain soda water is much better for some of these purposes than Coca-Cola or other soft drinks, as it doesn’t leave a sticky sugar residue behind). Carbonic acid is relatively weak, however, and people have been drinking carbonated water for many years with no detrimental effects.

Coca-Cola does contain small amounts of citric acid and phosphoric acid; however, all the insinuations about the dangers these acids might pose to people who drink Coca-Cola ignore a simple concept familiar to any first-year chemistry student: concentration. Coca-Cola contains less citric acid than does orange juice, and the concentration of phosphoric acid in Coke is far too small (a mere 11 to 13 grams per gallon of syrup, or about 0.20 to 0.30 per cent of the total formula) to dissolve a steak, a tooth, or a nail overnight. (Much of the item will dissolve eventually, but after a day or two you’ll still have most of the tooth, a whole nail, and one very soggy T-bone.) By comparison, the gastric acid in your stomach’s digestive fluids is much stronger than any of the acids found in Coca-Cola.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/coca-cola-acids/

Aspartame's components can, in high enough doses, be harmful. But aspartame doesn’t contain high quantities of aspartic acid (also found in avocados and asparagus), or methanol (found in beer, wine and tomatoes). Phenylalanine is harmful, but only to the unlucky few with phenylketonuria, a rare genetic disorder. For everyone else, aspartame is safe.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/sh...ener-dangerous

Old 09-24-2019, 08:10 PM

16,852 posts, read 17,005,238 times
Lots of people drink it, must be something to the stuff.

Old 09-24-2019, 08:32 PM

11,431 posts, read 8,708,486 times
I'm pretty sure Jack Daniels counteracts the bad stuff.

Old 09-25-2019, 01:43 AM

79 posts, read 13,298 times
Beer is a lot healthier than cola!!!

Old 09-25-2019, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
So don't drink it.
But all the fast food chains are always tempting all those
kids and in informed grown ups to drink those swills all the time; they should be labeled with health warnings.

Old 09-25-2019, 01:56 AM

Default Beer is a lot healthier than any cola swill.

Beer contains so many minerals and natural ingredients and just an unsignificant amount of alcohol. Cola should be labeled with health warnings instead.

Old 09-25-2019, 09:08 AM

3,999 posts, read 1,743,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
I'm pretty sure Jack Daniels counteracts the bad stuff.
I'm sticking with this. Only time I drink Coke is if there's no other mixer, LOL.

Old 09-25-2019, 09:32 AM

183 posts, read 36,746 times
I normally drink 1 small bottle of diet Coke a day . so darn addicting! But I haven't had one in about 2 weeks because my mom is here visiting and she hates that stuff. I think I've lost my interest in it since I haven't had it in a while.
Now that it's out of my system and I don't crave it anymore, I might as well stay stopped...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or