U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2019, 02:45 AM

1 posts, read 883 times

Advertisements

The quickest and easiest way of reducing calorie intake is to drink more water. A study of more than 18,000 adults found that increasing daily water consumption by just 1% resulted in the intake of 70 fewer calories, while drinking three extra glasses lowered calorie intake by 205. Decreased sugar consumption was a main reason for the calorie reduction, according to the Journal Of Human Nutrition And Dietetics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2019, 04:11 AM

355 posts, read 383,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasir_ran View Post
The quickest and easiest way of reducing calorie intake is to drink more water. A study of more than 18,000 adults found that increasing daily water consumption by just 1% resulted in the intake of 70 fewer calories, while drinking three extra glasses lowered calorie intake by 205. Decreased sugar consumption was a main reason for the calorie reduction, according to the Journal Of Human Nutrition And Dietetics.

This is seriously good advice.

And...as someone who drinks too much coffee - I am working hard to substitute more water to cut back on my coffee intake.

Old 09-25-2019, 12:37 PM

53 posts, read 39,196 times
I tried drinking water, it didn't help. On the contrary, it makes me even hungrier...

Old 09-27-2019, 09:24 AM

3,590 posts, read 1,802,737 times
If people were simply replacing calorie-laden drinks with water, that would more than account for the lowered calorie intake.

Old 09-29-2019, 06:17 AM

72,930 posts, read 85,015,946 times
Again what works for one may not for someone else and there are so many studies that claim this or that. I do love my water but it does nothing to cut my appetite.

Old 09-29-2019, 06:49 AM

1,368 posts, read 632,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorges View Post
If people were simply replacing calorie-laden drinks with water, that would more than account for the lowered calorie intake.
As if there are still people out there that drink calorie laden drinks. Most people trying to lose weight gave up calorie laden drinks in 1977 and are still fat.

Water doesn't work for me. Drinking too much causes me to get sick and also, I end up in the bathroom constantly. Don't tell me that will go away, it won't.

To me that tells me my body is telling me that I don't need a lot of water. I drink water, my body said, whoops she has too much water... make her get rid of some.

Old 09-30-2019, 10:45 AM

26 posts, read 1,824 times
Hello everyone
I would say that water is healthy and we need to drink it at least 0,03l for 1kg your body weight (without workout and no hot sunny day), but as most of people noticed above water doesn't kill the appetite (in a lower calorie diet than low), in a long period of time.. which sometimes causes yoyo effect.
And what is more of someone drinks too much water this may result in lower mineral absorption in the digestive system which causes illnesses (weak immune system).
So as with everything the best is just find a balance between good diet, water and wellbeing

Old 09-30-2019, 03:52 PM

15,586 posts, read 8,918,645 times
I really dislike the taste of water...that said, I rarely drink my calories so I doubt that drinking a lot of extra water would help my appetite much. I find it very difficult to drink more than I want - "force liquids" - and it seems wrong and unnatural to me. Unless I have a health condition that makes me dehydrated why would I constantly drink more than I want to?

0.3l per kg is only 2 liters a day for me - definitely doable and not at all like those people spouting you have to drink a gallon a day! And keep in mind that the need for liquids also includes all the foods you eat that contain water, which is considerable.

Old 09-30-2019, 06:59 PM

3,063 posts, read 1,176,428 times
The subject of water intake & wt loss was discussed here a few months ago. Everybody knows that camels can go for a long time without water because they metabolize the fat in their humps, turning it into co2 & h2o. We can do that too, it's just that most of us don't carry 300 lb of extra fat on our backs, so we can't go as long in the desert as a camel.

A lb of fat can be turned into 1/2 liter of water. Maybe staying slightly dehydrated mobilizes fat to produce the water we're missing.

Drinking an extra 1/2L water may help you avoid 300 cal intake of soda pop, but dehydration will make you burn up 4000 cal of fat to replace that 1/2L of water.

Old 10-06-2019, 07:46 AM

5,218 posts, read 13,573,320 times
Unless you are doing something very strenuous, or in extreme heat, you will get thirsty when you need fluid. Water is best, but any beverage and most foods provide the fluid needed to keep your body running well. When you feel thirsty...drink!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or