U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2019, 03:59 PM

2,528 posts, read 1,295,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer2019 View Post
I don't plan to get dialysis or kidney transplant. I'm just going to die.

At stage 3a kidney disease, not yet needing dialysis, you can still live a long time, but you know you have to change your behavior to accomplish that. Apparently you have no one in your corner to help you, so you have to fight for your future self, and you have to focus on your mental health to do that. People recover from drug addiction and alcoholism all the time, same for binge eating. No one says it's easy, but it can certainly be done. At this point, you are your own worst enemy, so concentrate on your future self. No one here can do that for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2019, 05:20 PM

35,042 posts, read 42,335,456 times
Quote:
I don't plan to get dialysis or kidney transplant. I'm just going to die.
Well then go down binging. Not sure why you even bothered to make this topic.

Old 10-06-2019, 05:21 PM

13,463 posts, read 13,922,462 times
go to Overeaters Anonymous.
it is a 12-step program and it works.
they are the kindest most compassionate group of people on the planet.
and it works.

Old 10-07-2019, 01:49 AM

126 posts, read 27,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Well then go down binging. Not sure why you even bothered to make this topic.

read the thread again, there is a question there people haven't answered that was the whole point of making the post. What can happen first, kidneys failing or hemorrhage.

Old 10-07-2019, 03:03 AM

35,042 posts, read 42,335,456 times
Quote:
read the thread again, there is a question there people haven't answered that was the whole point of making the post. What can happen first, kidneys failing or hemorrhage.
If you aren't going to do anything about it what difference does it make what will happen first? however to answer your question,continued binging will render you morbidly obese if you arent there already, Diabetese soon to follow where all your organs start to deteriorate,you will be a prime candidate for stroke/heart attack, vision problems will probably leave you blind and you will also become increasingly less mobile as time wears on. Then theres the cost in treating all your upcoming medical maladies,hope you have very good insurance,.

Old 10-07-2019, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
If you aren't going to do anything about it what difference does it make what will happen first? however to answer your question,continued binging will render you morbidly obese if you arent there already, Diabetese soon to follow where all your organs start to deteriorate,you will be a prime candidate for stroke/heart attack, vision problems will probably leave you blind and you will also become increasingly less mobile as time wears on. Then theres the cost in treating all your upcoming medical maladies,hope you have very good insurance,.

I have never been overweight. I never allow myself to pass a certain weight. I am 145 lbs. That's considered fat for me. My normal weight is 135 lbs. My lowest is 130 lbs. I am vegan. Just by being vegetarian I lost weight. I weight less now than I did in high school. I was 150 lbs in high school. When I reach my maximum which is 145 lbs that itself is motivation to lose weight so now that I reached my maximum it's time to eat normal the first week and then exercise the second. My weight changes. Once I lose all the weight or some of it I gain it back again.

Old 10-07-2019, 08:13 AM

15,439 posts, read 31,656,322 times
Quote:
I have never been overweight. I never allow myself to pass a certain weight. I am 145 lbs. That's considered fat for me. My normal weight is 135 lbs. My lowest is 130 lbs. I am vegan. Just by being vegetarian I lost weight. I weight less now than I did in high school. I was 150 lbs in high school. When I reach my maximum which is 145 lbs that itself is motivation to lose weight so now that I reached my maximum it's time to eat normal the first week and then exercise the second. My weight changes. Once I lose all the weight or some of it I gain it back again.
The bolded part tells us that you CAN exercise control. I am assuming you live alone with no one to support you emotionally? If I were you, I would get back into therapy and join one or more support groups, even online support groups. I know what it's like to binge eat certain foods, I myself used to do it and I became overweight and developed Type 2 diabetes. Potato chips and sweets were also my downfall. But I got control of myself, changed my eating habits and started exercising, lost all the weight and am much healthier.

I would also advise not to buy or bring into the house potato chips or any other food that you can't control yourself over. If it's not there, you can't eat it. At first, try to substitute with similar but a bit healthier foods - maybe unsalted popcorn or something. You CAN do this, but you need to WANT to do this. I am thinking you might be suffering depression, and again, therapists can help you with that.

Good luck to you!

Old 10-07-2019, 09:21 AM

728 posts, read 1,182,979 times
OP, have you ever seen a nutritionist? It seems to me that you need some nutritional guidance in conjunction with the therapy. I just don't see how mental health counseling alone will work if the physical diet you've been on has not provided the essential macro and micro nutrients we all need to be happy and healthy. The binge/starve/vegetarian/vegan pattern you've established has likely created some nutritional deficiencies that contribute to your body's urge to eat. You can control it mentally for awhile, but, similar to trying to hold your breath too long, the body will overrule the mind and seek what it needs to survive.

In light of your kidney and other medical issue, it should be a professional guiding you. Perhaps your primary care doctor or the therapist you saw can recommend one.

Old 10-07-2019, 10:23 AM

1,778 posts, read 867,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonmam View Post
It seems to me that you need some nutritional guidance in conjunction with the therapy. I just don't see how mental health counseling alone will work if the physical diet you've been on has not provided the essential macro and micro nutrients we all need to be happy and healthy. The binge/starve/vegetarian/vegan pattern you've established has likely created some nutritional deficiencies that contribute to your body's urge to eat.

I agree. Psychotherapy and personal nutritional guidance are the OP's missing links. It has been discussed in another thread by the OP. http://www.city-data.com/forum/55388618-post20.html

Old Yesterday, 11:20 AM

It looks like doctors just like to over exaggerate. I am sure I do have chronic kidney disease and I am the stage they say but they been telling me I can die since age 12 like it was going to happen back then. I am 35 years old now. Why am I still alive and I've had high blood pressure since then and don't take medication. I thought I was supposed to be dead by now just by having high blood pressure for that long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness