U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2019, 10:27 AM

158 posts, read 67,838 times

Advertisements

I've turned into a big organic nut. (Coffee has been organic for a long time. A little ghee and mct oil. ) It was so stealth. First some veggies, fruits. Then bam! Everything.
Gmos really scare me. Canola. CORN!! but I feel my health has really improved. So why stop there? Filter water and Fiji or volvic. Some nice air filters in my apt. Organic bedding. Found info on bad blue lights!! Lymph massage. Iridology. Supplements. 23andme found some issues I have been working on. Apoe3/4. Did a Dutch test. OAT test. Omegaquant. Found more things. I am going to begin a fake 5 day intermittent fast.
PROLON meals. Then back to a keto here and there. Cardio. Need to start weight lifting i think. Ground. Yoga. Move to open country near lake.
Repaint new place with safe paint! The more you know...

Oh, yeah GLYPHOSATE! Interferes or transfers needed glycine? Yup. Organic. Forever.

Last edited by SunnySam16; 10-08-2019 at 10:32 AM.. Reason: Glyphosate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2019, 02:49 PM

5,521 posts, read 6,821,553 times
I only buy organic coffee. But I buy organic everything as much as possible.

Old 10-08-2019, 04:30 PM

4,962 posts, read 2,694,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
I see you are a zero sum game type. If you are not one way then you MUST be the other way.
Why? Because I am not pushing the two of you who think organic is a sham to to drink the safer coffee that I would choose for myself (if I drank much coffee, which I do not)?

Your logic—and your definition—is false.

Old 10-08-2019, 07:07 PM

5,455 posts, read 6,628,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
Why? Because I am not pushing the two of you who think organic is a sham to to drink the safer coffee that I would choose for myself (if I drank much coffee, which I do not)?

Your logic—and your definition—is false.
Not really. And I never said organic was a sham. There you go again, assuming. You know what they say about that.
I think organic has a lot of loopholes especially for big agra.
I eat some things that are organic and others I don't bother. I am healthy and fit so I am satisfied with my diet.
You can eat or drink whatever you choose to.

Old 10-08-2019, 08:57 PM

25,054 posts, read 9,023,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnivalGal View Post
I only buy organic coffee. But I buy organic everything as much as possible.
I too drink only organic coffee, 1 cup daily, have been for probably over 10 yrs. I've read many yrs ago it's highly sprayed with pesticides. Work to eat everything organic too.

Old 10-08-2019, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
Not really. And I never said organic was a sham..
You said "putting 'organic' on a product doesn't mean you are safe from something harmful."

It may not be perfect (what is?), but for a product to be labelled certified organic, it cannot contain GMO's (genetically-modified organisms), among other things.

https://www.usda.gov/media/blog/2011...g-doesnt-allow

"Organic certification requires that farmers and handlers document their processes and get inspected every year. Organic on-site inspections account for every component of the operation, including, but not limited to, seed sources, soil conditions, crop health, weed and pest management, water systems, inputs, contamination and commingling risks and prevention, and record-keeping. Tracing organic products from start to finish is part of the USDA organic promise."

Is it possible that someone might cheat, yes, but it is more difficult now than it was prior to organic certification.

https://www.usda.gov/media/blog/2012...ic-label-means

Old 10-08-2019, 09:28 PM

For anyone who wants to see a very entertaining and uplifting documentary which demonstrates good farming practice, see "The Biggest Little Farm. We watched it two days ago.

Here's a trailer for THE BIGGEST LITTLE FARM. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfDTM4JxHl8

Here's more on the farm: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfCYams6_mQ

(No coffee)

Old 10-09-2019, 01:23 PM

1,783 posts, read 870,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
Pesticides are used on organic coffee and other organic foods. Organic just means that the pesticides are natural and not synthetic. Natural pesticides can be just as toxic as synthetic pesticides, and the runoff just as damaging. Some countries have banned some of the natural pesticides for those reasons.

I found that the bold is no longer true. The USDA has approved at least 25 synthetic pesticides for organic farm use.

Old 10-11-2019, 05:11 AM

3,085 posts, read 1,184,607 times
There is absolutely ZERO evidence that eating/drinking organic products are in any way beneficial to our physical health. OTOH- using organics is obviously beneficial to the mental health of some people. So be it. It's never productive to argue religion.

Let's all agree that chemicals in our food are bad for us... So the question then becomes "How bad?" ...The answer is "They do so little harm that it is impossible to discern it in the morbidity & mortality statistics."

BTW-if you're going to worry about coffee, worry about the theoretically carcinogenic effects of burnt beans, not the chemical residues. You're worrying about the guy with a knife across the street when there's a guy with a gun right in your face.

Old 10-11-2019, 09:07 PM

20,482 posts, read 19,471,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
There is absolutely ZERO evidence that eating/drinking organic products are in any way beneficial to our physical health. OTOH- using organics is obviously beneficial to the mental health of some people. So be it. It's never productive to argue religion.

Let's all agree that chemicals in our food are bad for us... So the question then becomes "How bad?" ...The answer is "They do so little harm that it is impossible to discern it in the morbidity & mortality statistics."

BTW-if you're going to worry about coffee, worry about the theoretically carcinogenic effects of burnt beans, not the chemical residues. You're worrying about the guy with a knife across the street when there's a guy with a gun right in your face.
The answer is we really do not know. Besides that, everyone is an individual and so the effects would be different for each person. But consuming chemicals probably isn't very good for us and a lot of people would rather be safe than sorry. It's like when somebody's been eating something or taking some medication for years and then "they" come out and prove that it's carcinogenic. By then it's too late.

Being a gardener, I always remember my dad who was a biology and chemistry teacher lecturing me every time I mixed the fertilizer. He would tell me to make sure I didn't get any of that stuff near the kitchen or near any food. And don't get it on your skin either. THAT was just for the fertilizer, not the poisonous pesticides.

So I garden organically (make compost from kitchen scraps) and I never need pesticides because the fertilizer is good stuff. Pests will prey on sick and weak plants.

I garden the way humans have gardened for thousands of years. I'd buy all organic foods if I could afford to. There are enough dangerous things in this world that we can't avoid but this is one thing we can steer clear of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness