U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2019, 11:59 PM

6,256 posts, read 3,240,607 times

Advertisements

Iíve recently been made aware of the use of High amounts of this junk on coffee beans.

Wondering if I should go organic?

Thought this would be better in health instead of food
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2019, 09:02 AM

1,781 posts, read 869,316 times
Pesticides are used on organic coffee and other organic foods. Organic just means that the pesticides are natural and not synthetic. Natural pesticides can be just as toxic as synthetic pesticides, and the runoff just as damaging. Some countries have banned some of the natural pesticides for those reasons.

Old 10-06-2019, 02:58 PM

8,040 posts, read 3,453,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
I’ve recently been made aware of the use of High amounts of this junk on coffee beans.

Coffee beans are roasted at something like 450 F. You might want to focus your attention on which of these sorts of chemical residues (yes, even so called organics) are even capable of surviving that...most are quite volatile and won't be.

Old 10-06-2019, 03:52 PM

16,332 posts, read 12,667,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Iíve recently been made aware of the use of High amounts
of this junk on coffee beans.
I wouldn't drink it if it wasn't organic.
I like my kidneys too much. I have gotten many many people to wake up to this.
Oh, get it ....'wake up to this'...that was cute.

Old 10-06-2019, 05:29 PM

6,256 posts, read 3,240,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss hepburn View Post
i wouldn't drink it if it wasn't organic.
I like my kidneys too much. i have gotten many many people to wake up to this.
Oh, get it ....'wake up to this'...that was cute.:d
:d

Old 10-07-2019, 08:19 AM

15,442 posts, read 31,667,893 times
I have come to realize that "organic" is mostly a sham. I think people are spending too much time worrying about pesticides on their foods.

Old 10-07-2019, 08:28 AM

5,455 posts, read 6,626,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I have come to realize that "organic" is mostly a sham. I think people are spending too much time worrying about pesticides on their foods.
I agree. And putting 'organic' on a product doesn't mean you are safe from something harmful.

Old 10-07-2019, 08:40 AM

16,332 posts, read 12,667,528 times
I have no worries about anything in life. Eating as I did growing up,
before all the hormones, Monsanto fertilizers, pesticides and antibiotics helps with that.
But hey, 'Round Up away'...I'm just speaking about me.
The people that give me physicals, cuz now I must go according to Medicare, are amazed by
my health and clarity. Ha, and not on any Meds.
Maybe it's the lack of these chemicals my liver has had to cope with..I dunno.
I'm doin' somthin' right.

As I see it, at my age, why make my body work so hard dealing with
all these things in our food...I didn't feel this way even 10 yrs ago...I ate anything!
But..I did always drink top shelf.

Old 10-07-2019, 05:18 PM

4,959 posts, read 2,692,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
Pesticides are used on organic coffee and other organic foods. Organic just means that the pesticides are natural and not synthetic. Natural pesticides can be just as toxic as synthetic pesticides, and the runoff just as damaging. Some countries have banned some of the natural pesticides for those reasons.
Oh, really? I haven't found any source to suggest that any nations have banned the organics used on coffee. Links, please? Organic coffee is grown with only organic fertilizers, like coffee pulp, chicken manure, or compost. Who bans those?

Conventional coffee is among the most heavily chemically treated foods in the world. It is steeped in synthetic fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, and insecticides. Coffee beans like to grow in the shade, but that makes it more difficult and costly for the cheaper non-organic growers, so they clear cut areas, destroying the land.

In the case of organic coffee, there are no synthetic fertilizers or chemicals used in growing or production, which means cleaner beans, air, land, and water.

Old 10-07-2019, 05:25 PM

4,959 posts, read 2,692,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
I agree. And putting 'organic' on a product doesn't mean you are safe from something harmful.
It's not a sham at all. But I'm fine with the thought that those who say they think it is a sham stuffing it into their bodies to season their food with Roundup instead of salt.

Munch away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness