U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old Yesterday, 08:13 PM
 
9,942 posts, read 6,560,529 times
Reputation: 18812

Advertisements

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/08/healt...udy/index.html


Quote:
Health officials are raising alarm about a rise in STDs across the United States.For the fifth consecutive year, combined cases of gonorrhea, chlamydia and syphilis have risen in the United States, according to a Sexually Transmitted Disease Surveillance Report from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention published on Tuesday.
"Combined they total 2.4 million infections that were diagnosed and reported just in last year alone," said Elizabeth Torrone, a CDC epidemiologist who worked on the new report, adding that the combined number marks "the most cases" ever recorded since monitoring began in the United States.

Haven't these kids learned about rubbers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Today, 08:01 AM
 
Location: Texas
10,990 posts, read 4,200,216 times
Reputation: 21637
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/08/healt...udy/index.html





Haven't these kids learned about rubbers?
Kids? Really? I perused through that article and saw nothing saying that it's only teens or young people getting STDs.

I think it's cute that older people try to pretend they don't have sex anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 03:40 PM
 
5,120 posts, read 11,247,834 times
Reputation: 12411
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Kids? Really? I perused through that article and saw nothing saying that it's only teens or young people getting STDs.

I think it's cute that older people try to pretend they don't have sex anymore.
I think it's cute when people don't really read an article posted and then make snide comments regarding commentary made by the OP

Apparently you didn't "peruse" very thoroughly....

From said article:

The new CDC report found that rates of reported gonorrhea cases last year were highest among teens and young adults, as were reported cases of chlamydia. For primary and secondary syphilis, cases were highest among adults ages 25 to 29.
It's estimated that young people ages 15 to 24 acquire half of all new STD cases and 1 in 4 sexually active adolescent girls has an STD, according to the report.
"It's alarming how they're concentrated among young people, and to me it really speaks to the need for us to up our game in educating young people on not only the basics of sex education but sexuality education and relationship education too

Seems to me after actually reading the article, Mike's comments regarding "kids" needing to use condoms stands as correct..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 06:35 PM
 
9,942 posts, read 6,560,529 times
Reputation: 18812
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
I think it's cute when people don't really read an article posted and then make snide comments regarding commentary made by the OP

Apparently you didn't "peruse" very thoroughly....

From said article:

The new CDC report found that rates of reported gonorrhea cases last year were highest among teens and young adults, as were reported cases of chlamydia. For primary and secondary syphilis, cases were highest among adults ages 25 to 29.
It's estimated that young people ages 15 to 24 acquire half of all new STD cases and 1 in 4 sexually active adolescent girls has an STD, according to the report.
"It's alarming how they're concentrated among young people, and to me it really speaks to the need for us to up our game in educating young people on not only the basics of sex education but sexuality education and relationship education too

Seems to me after actually reading the article, Mike's comments regarding "kids" needing to use condoms stands as correct..

Thanks Doc


This brings to mind something that I read last year. The Villages in Florida has the highest per capita number of STD cases in the US. Yes, PricillaVanilla, old farts have sex also.

But the highest numbers are still 15-29 as they were 50 years ago when I started practicing! And, worse than ever, the rate of antibiotic resistant STDs are climbing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top