U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:29 PM

5,772 posts, read 2,538,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Its amazing how many "members" start chicken little threads over and over about the "evils" of conventional medicine with little to no understanding of what they are actually talking about...

Meanwhile these same "members" put misplaced trust and faith in alternative practices that have been overwhelmingly shown to be useless if not downright harmful...

Because someone is "convinced" that their damaged feet are the result of fluoroquinolones does not make it so.....

I also love how someone who already had knee arthritis, developed an infection from letting someone inject God knows what into their knee now blames the "TREATMENT" of the infection for their knee problem....

Yeah....the timeline may be just a little bit off there me thinks....
Thisssssssssssssss. It's truly amazing.

Old Yesterday, 07:33 PM

9,949 posts, read 6,563,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Its amazing how many "members" start chicken little threads over and over about the "evils" of conventional medicine with little to no understanding of what they are actually talking about...

Meanwhile these same "members" put misplaced trust and faith in alternative practices that have been overwhelmingly shown to be useless if not downright harmful...

Because someone is "convinced" that their damaged feet are the result of fluoroquinolones does not make it so.....

I also love how someone who already had knee arthritis, developed an infection from letting someone inject God knows what into their knee now blames the "TREATMENT" of the infection for their knee problem....

Yeah....the timeline may be just a little bit off there me thinks....

Still too early to rep you again

Yes, tendon issues are possible, but two would be like winning the Megamillions

If I have an infection that requires these meds, I'll take my chances any day.

BTW, Mercola.com is a great medical site SMH:smac k:

Old Yesterday, 07:37 PM

25,019 posts, read 8,995,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Still too early to rep you again

Yes, tendon issues are possible, but two would be like winning the Megamillions

If I have an infection that requires these meds, I'll take my chances any day.

BTW, Mercola.com is a great medical site SMH:smac k:
Mike maybe you missed the comment on who brought the Cipro to my daughter's attention...a homeopathic pharmacist, one who compounds etc.

Old Yesterday, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Mike maybe you missed the comment on who brought the Cipro to my daughter's attention...a homeopathic pharmacist, one who compounds etc.

And, your point is???

I'm very aware of possible adverse effects and weigh the positive against the negative then make an informed decision

Old Yesterday, 09:33 PM

3,545 posts, read 1,495,454 times
Well, Mike, you might want to check a few other threads before taking your chances with black box meds. After the ankles come the wrist tendons and having had the combination of cipro and flagyl myself, I believe 100% that it could also cause ulcerative colitis.

Old Yesterday, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC refugee View Post
Well, Mike, you might want to check a few other threads before taking your chances with black box meds. After the ankles come the wrist tendons and having had the combination of cipro and flagyl myself, I believe 100% that it could also cause ulcerative colitis.

I am very familiar with Black Box warnings. I know exactly what I am taking and I know what I am taking it for. If an infection is bad enough to require Cipro or another floroquinolone then I know that the infection is bad enough for me to take the med

The odds of having a tendon rupture are about the same as a lottery win

Old Yesterday, 11:15 PM

3,545 posts, read 1,495,454 times
Quote:
I am very familiar with Black Box warnings. I know exactly what I am taking and I know what I am taking it for. If an infection is bad enough to require Cipro or another floroquinolone then I know that the infection is bad enough for me to take the med

The odds of having a tendon rupture are about the same as a lottery win
I think the problem comes in when the meds are prescribed without being that necessary. I had no infection AT ALL when they prescribed the combination for me.

Old Today, 07:52 AM

11,169 posts, read 5,228,045 times
I flat out told my PCP not to ever give me Cipro and I am allergic to Keflex. Last time I had a UTI I was given Macrobid with no side effects. Doctors just don't listen to you. I told one that I had a history of ulcers and yet he prescribed something for my fibromyalgia that said don't take if you have a history of stomach issues. I had told him and his nurse but I had to find out after I get the meds from the leaflet.

I called the doctor and reminded him of my stomach issues and he tells me "oh no you shouldn't take this med". WTF! I told him when he had his prescription pad out.

Old Today, 10:20 AM

Quote:
I think the problem comes in when the meds are prescribed without being that necessary. I had no infection AT ALL when they prescribed the combination for me.

With "no infection AT ALL" there should NEVER have been any antibiotics prescribed

Either your Doc was a quack or yoy had some kind of infection

Old Today, 10:34 AM

10,037 posts, read 6,000,844 times
Quote:
I agree. There are usually alternatives to these antibiotics. Taking them would be my absolute last resort.

Quote:
With "no infection AT ALL" there should NEVER have been any antibiotics prescribed

Either your Doc was a quack or yoy had some kind of infection
It happens. I had a doctor prescribe antibiotics because he thought I had an infection, bloodwork showed otherwise. He never let me know the results of said bloodwork and if I hadn’t asked would have taken antibiotics for no reason at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or