U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:50 AM

25,019 posts, read 8,995,335 times

Advertisements

Maybe some of you have had experience with this class of antiobiotics, I thank my stars I've never had them and I have not taken a lot of abx drugs in the first place. But I could have had this class used in a surgery and living with the damage.

Talking to my daughter a while ago and she's dealing with two damaged feet (ruptured tendon damage) she is now convinced the permanent damage is from the above class of drugs. She had no idea no clue and trusted doctors TOO MUCH AND TOO LONG. She's had a lot of pain in her feet and they look gross, but since the HGH homeopathic gel, she tells me the Pain is No More...the deformity is with her but pain is no more.

She went to 3 ortho surgeon type MD's for help and none of them went to the abx drug. She was talking to a homeopathic pharmacist in our town and he went right there....good lord the pharma world doesn't want to lose any business.

This whole story about her issues makes me think more that the cleaning out of my knee with abx drugs has caused the damage I continue to live with.

And then there is all the neuropathy damage I hear from so many and I live with it also, comes from the abx drugs and others.

Question everything on the drugs docs want to feed you. Oh BTW: we're talking Cipro and Levaquin drugs.

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...e-effects.aspx

Cipro Tendon Rupture

Old Yesterday, 11:59 AM

588 posts, read 251,931 times
When I had a kidney infection, the urologist prescribed Cipro. She had asked me my surgery history and I told her I had a ruptured Achilles repair on the right side and a torn Achilles repair on the left (not drug related). She prescribes this, I go home and take the first one and just by happenstance, opened the circular and saw the FDA blackbox warning that this drug is known to cause Achilles tendon ruptures. I was furious. Called the doctor and only the nurse would return my calls. Went to Walgreens and asked the pharmacist why they did not inform me of the black box warning - his answer - "If we read the warnings to every customer, people would not take their meds." I told him I would have asked for an alternative.

I did a lot of research on this classification of drugs and now I always put it as drugs I am allergic too. Lots of damage caused by these. Research the term "Cipro/Levaquin floxed". It will turn your stomach what has happened to people.

Old Yesterday, 12:07 PM

3,070 posts, read 1,179,882 times
Fluoroquinolones account for 1 extra case of Achilles tendon rupture for every 10,000 pts treated. That's about the same as your risk of dying in an auto accident this year.

How many lives were saved by using them? ...Do you refuse to get in a car because the risk is too great?

Keep things in perspective.

Old Yesterday, 12:17 PM

588 posts, read 251,931 times
Well, that is fine. I am not taking my chances. Put me with the paranoid, I am okay with that label for these drugs. There are alternative antibiotics outside of this class to take. Below from consumer reports and FDA.

https://www.consumerreports.org/drug...on-infections/

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/pres...-sugar-adverse

The FDA Black Box warning is the most serious warning issued by the FDA.
https://www.everydayhealth.com/fda/w...-warning-drug/

Old Yesterday, 12:26 PM

It's amazing how some members tell us to "keep things in perspective". Then run off on getting run over by car odds. I would not take chances with that drug either and do my very best to avoid abx drugs. There are alternative abx medcines people can try to work with before going to the hard stuff. Navy, you are not paranoid, how about Smart...

My daughter lives with two damaged/deformed feet from these drugs. And in the years living with these, she's even come to the realization that the surgery she let the docs perform may have never been needed. We put so much trust in the docs and drugs. And then many do "wake up" but it's late.

Last edited by jaminhealth; Yesterday at 12:51 PM..

Old Yesterday, 03:32 PM

5,121 posts, read 11,250,388 times
Its amazing how many "members" start chicken little threads over and over about the "evils" of conventional medicine with little to no understanding of what they are actually talking about...

Meanwhile these same "members" put misplaced trust and faith in alternative practices that have been overwhelmingly shown to be useless if not downright harmful...

Because someone is "convinced" that their damaged feet are the result of fluoroquinolones does not make it so.....

I also love how someone who already had knee arthritis, developed an infection from letting someone inject God knows what into their knee now blames the "TREATMENT" of the infection for their knee problem....

Yeah....the timeline may be just a little bit off there me thinks....

Old Yesterday, 03:48 PM

2,278 posts, read 981,312 times
Cipro gave me tendonitis in my foot. My foot swelled up and looked like a raw meat loaf. I have avoided quinolones ever since. There's plenty of other good antibiotics that don't give me tendonitis.

Old Yesterday, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
Cipro gave me tendonitis in my foot. My foot swelled up and looked like a raw meat loaf. I have avoided quinolones ever since. There's plenty of other good antibiotics that don't give me tendonitis.
My daughter didn't know for a long time WHAT caused the "collapsed feet" and that's what we called them until our homeopathic pharmacist hit it right on when she asked him. Her deformed feet look so painful but as I mentioned earlier the HGH she's using has removed pain.

Old Yesterday, 06:16 PM

585 posts, read 223,018 times
I had a life-changing in the worst way gastro experience with Cipro back when it was "new" (over 15 years ago) and my doctor prescribed it to me even though I had no visible infection or fever etc from a deep splinter in my foot that he removed. No reason for taking Cipro instead of a regular antibiotic, none at all. Hitting a teeny nail with a sledgehammer.

I took one pill and spent the night throwing up and on the toilet, ending up laying in the bathroom all night. No way could I take another pill. That started a stomach disruption that I am convinced started my ulcerative colitis by destroying my friendly gut bacteria. I never had stomach issues or any RX problems before taking Cipro. Can I prove Cipro caused my ulcerative colitis? no. But I it changed my life, I had to change my career and have never been the same gastro-wise since then.

There was absolutely no heads up given to me about the black box warning and later I read younger people had terribly life-altering results from Cipro.

Some people think that nothing happens unless it happens to them. If I had a mortal enemy I'd try to get them to take Cipro. That's how bad I think it is. YMMV.

Old Yesterday, 07:03 PM

Twinkle: Reading all that you've been thru makes me wonder even more what goes into this Cipro to cause such damage and that the FDA continues to approve it and that it's given out so freely by doctors...I know Fluoride is in this class of drugs but could that be doing so much of the damage. As I've said my daughter is deformed for the rest of her life and this drug is still prescribed and I'm sure to too many.

https://www.side-effects-site.com/ci...e-effects.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or