Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2020, 09:59 AM

8,765 posts, read 5,055,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
If it's some big giant tattoo .....AND only a Bf.....ita. Boyfriends change & tho it's kinda easy to get a small tattoo removed you shouldn't be getting anything you aren't sure is gonna stay there. BUT IMO......a fiance or husband is different ofc. I've had 1 on my wrist with a personal saying ....BUT I did just get 1 under my breast that relates to my fiance. Both of us love it.

edit: AND I want it to be a turn on to my fiance.....it's supposed to be a turn off to "someone new".........because there won't be anyone new.
How many people do you think there are out there, that say...."there won`t be anyone new". I do hope you are right though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2020, 10:27 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,581,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcandme View Post
How many people do you think there are out there, that say...."there won`t be anyone new". I do hope you are right though.

The old statistic about half the people that get married get divorced is out of date BUT ofc the marriage rate is down too. Of those, a very large portion of them were very young or pressured into a marriage by circumstances or a pregnancy or just being young & stupid. AND even if you still use the old numbers.......it still leaves half that don't.

If you go into a marriage planning for "somebody new in the future".......then you shouldn't be getting married IMO. The tattoo would be the least of your worries.....

Old 06-01-2020, 11:53 AM

Quote:
The old statistic about half the people that get married get divorced is out of date BUT ofc the marriage rate is down too. Of those, a very large portion of them were very young or pressured into a marriage by circumstances or a pregnancy or just being young & stupid. AND even if you still use the old numbers.......it still leaves half that don't.

If you go into a marriage planning for "somebody new in the future".......then you shouldn't be getting married IMO. The tattoo would be the least of your worries.....
Every 13 seconds, there is a divorce, in the US.

Old 06-01-2020, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Every 13 seconds, there is a divorce, in the US.

Where did I say divorce never happens tho? It's a thread about tattoos & it's a small tattoo under my breast that relates to my fiance.........& we love it. It could be easily removed if it had to be.....BUT I don't plan on that.....

Old 06-01-2020, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Where did I say divorce never happens tho? It's a thread about tattoos & it's a small tattoo under my breast that relates to my fiance.........& we love it. It could be easily removed if it had to be.....BUT I don't plan on that.....
Best Wishes.

Old 06-01-2020, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Best Wishes.

Thank you........ AND....I was super excited how the tattoo turned out. I know that it's not for everybody tho...............

Old 06-01-2020, 04:39 PM

2,270 posts, read 4,124,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
I have permanent makeup which is basically tattooing. 3 MRIs so far. No problem. If metal was an issue, what about artificial joints, pins and plates, etc?

The color is still good on eyeliner and brows, but lip color faded away.

I've noticed they itch though...

The metal from medical hardware is somehow made to be okay in an mri (my old stuff still sets off metal detectors though - no fun in airports!).

I do have permanent makeup for my eyeliner (dh says it still looks good; I had it done in 2005). I had my lips colored in and dh says it is really faint now (also 2005).

I have a tattoo on the small of my back that is related to my lupus struggles and I got it for myself and no one else.

I just had another mri on thurs. with no issues at all.

Old 06-01-2020, 04:56 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSkye View Post
The downsides to tattoos are that the inks are made with heavy metals and other substances that are bad for your body. If the size of the ink particles are nano-sized, then the ink particles can cross the bloodbrain barrier and enter the brain where they can cause problems with brain functioning.

The body immune system will naturally work to remove foreign substances, that is why tattoos fade over time, autopsies have found the ink in the lymph system and lymph nodes of the body, and other areas far from the original tattoo.

Also, if you get a tattoo you will never be able to have an MRI test if you ever need one. The metal in the tattoo ink makes MRIs impossible to do.
Yup.
But the metalline dyes are used for the colored tattoo inks. Black ink is almost always pure carbon, which is inert and doesn't harm the body unless it's trapped in the respiratory system. Carbon is pretty safe tattoo ink.

Old 06-02-2020, 12:02 AM

106 posts, read 476,987 times
There is a YouTuber James Withee that has a channel all about tattoos and he has a special topic on tattooing on darker skin. http://https://youtu.be/XIj0hfv0NbA

Old 06-02-2020, 12:03 AM

106 posts, read 476,987 times
There is a YouTuber James Withee that has a channel all about tattoos and he has a special topic on tattooing on darker skin. http://https://youtu.be/XIj0hfv0NbA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness