U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2019, 04:50 AM

35,147 posts, read 42,630,343 times

Advertisements

Im definitely getting muscle weakness from years of statins
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2019, 12:52 PM

7,088 posts, read 3,586,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Im definitely getting muscle weakness from years of statins
Are you taking any COQ10?
Both my husband’s cardiologist and PCP said it’s a MUST to take with statins, and my husband’s fatigue and muscle problems went away. He takes 100mg a day of DRs Best brand read reviews on Amazon.
It’s also just good to take for cardio health.

Old Today, 03:48 AM

2,549 posts, read 970,113 times
My husband ended up with back pain, nausea, shortness of breath, and went to ER back in 2003 at age 47. He was in a high stress job, didnt eat right, no exercise and smoked. I was in my week of finals for my EMT license and convinced him it was heart issues and made him go to ER. He had one artery 40 percent blocked, one 95 percent blocked and one 99 percent blocked. They wanted to avoid a bypass because with him being so young, he would have to get it redone later for sure. So he got 2 stents. The drs said if the other artery was at 60 percent instead of 40, they would have had to do a bypass.
Afterwards, he did the cardiac rehab classes and quit smoking. He takes lipitor, niacin, and cardilevilol (added a yr ago for blood pressure). No side effects other than bruises easily, and his immune sys seems worse. He gets bronchitis/colds more easily, but not sure if thats age or meds he is on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness