U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2019, 10:45 PM

111 posts, read 21,266 times

Advertisements

Being born in the 1960's, I didn't know marijuana is no longer called "marijuana". Really? I've tried a CBD tincture and Moxey CBD mints that didn't do too much for relaxation. I'd like to use THC but when I eat a Zoot candy(all THC) I experience paranoia. A good combo or 1:1 edible/tincture/sublingual would be nice. Alcohol prevents me from sleeping well. This is also why my Italian father who loves red wine now eats home made edibles instead for evening relaxation.

Last edited by Withinpines; 11-11-2019 at 12:01 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2019, 07:20 AM

23,061 posts, read 17,652,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Withinpines View Post
Marijuana is legal in my state and my 70 year old father recommends edibles for evening relaxation. In the 1980's marijuana caused me no paranoia. Now, some edibles do. I'd greatly appreciate the name of an edible, sublingual or tincture that works for you without paranoia.
I would actually go into the store. The people who work there are like pot pharmacists and can go over the strains used in the different products.

Old 11-11-2019, 11:17 AM

155 posts, read 49,043 times
So glad I don't need drugs so I can relax.

Old 11-11-2019, 11:21 AM

23,061 posts, read 17,652,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Purlin View Post
So glad I don't need drugs so I can relax.

Why is it so different than having a cup of Chamomille tea? It's not, they are both plants that help you relax.

Old 11-11-2019, 12:06 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,031,875 times
Example....if eating a homemade marijuana brownie..2"x2", just start off by eating a quarter of it.
Or cut that quarter in half and start with an eighth.

Learned this from a friend.....lol

Old 11-11-2019, 01:13 PM

4,020 posts, read 2,650,412 times
Quote:
Marijuana is legal in my state and my 70 year old father recommends edibles for evening relaxation. In the 1980's marijuana caused me no paranoia. Now, some edibles do. I'd greatly appreciate the name of an edible, sublingual or tincture that works for you without paranoia.
There is no specific name, get a high CBD and low THC content. In fact, the product you need is available almost anywhere now. C-B-D should be what you are looking for. It will not get you high but it should relieve stress and anxiety. Just make sure the products are legit.

Old 11-11-2019, 05:19 PM

16,949 posts, read 5,582,538 times
Quote:
Being born in the 1960's, I didn't know marijuana is no longer called "marijuana". Really?
The word "marijuana" is now considered to be uncool because (a) it is a made-up term, not the actual name of the plant; and (b) it has a lot of baggage and negative connotations from the old "Reefer Madness" days.

Old 12-01-2019, 08:16 AM

1 posts, read 58 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnochili View Post
Example....if eating a homemade marijuana brownie..2"x2", just start off by eating a quarter of it.
Or cut that quarter in half and start with an eighth.

Learned this from a friend.....lol
Better yet, stick with a starting dose of around 10 mgs if you do not have a tolerance. Edibles purchased from a MMMP will have the total amount of THC written on the package, usually 100mg for the whole thing. Break it into ten pieces and start there. Wait at least two hours; if you feel nothing, try another ten mgs. Or just wait until the next night and start with twenty.

I tend to have a problem with paranoia, too. This year we grew ten plants in the backyard so I was able to choose what strains my edibles are made with. If you can find one that is made with an indica or a hybrid you should be good. Stay away from straight sativas.

Old 12-01-2019, 10:26 AM

4,035 posts, read 2,174,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelToeBoot View Post
Better yet, stick with a starting dose of around 10 mgs if you do not have a tolerance. .
I would go with 5 mg if no tolerance. That's the legal limit in Alaska for one edible serving because more can be a bit overwhelming for novices.

Agreed with suggestions that OP should look for high CBD/lower THC, and just ask someone working in the shop.

Old 12-01-2019, 08:54 PM

17,117 posts, read 17,219,913 times
Go very slowly, edibles can be hard to gauge..........you eat them and nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, then BAM, you go into bizzaro-land. No saying that is the way it always goes, but it can happen like that.

I occasionally hit the MJ-tea that I make myself, holy-cow, that is usually a very entertaining trip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness