Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2019, 10:00 PM

313 posts, read 268,489 times

Advertisements

Marijuana is legal in my state and my 70 year old father recommends edibles for evening relaxation. In the 1980's marijuana caused me no paranoia. Now, some edibles do. I'd greatly appreciate the name of an edible, sublingual or tincture that works for you without paranoia.

Last edited by Withinpines; 11-09-2019 at 11:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2019, 10:52 PM

21,534 posts, read 8,718,127 times
I'm 70, too, and I used to have the same problem back in the old illegal days. I think it's because the strains available then were predominantly sativas. strains. Sativas are known for their energizing effects, a "head high" that can also cause paranoia and anxiety in some people. What might work best for you are high-CBD edibles, preferably from an indica strain. Indicas are known for their relaxing, sedative, effects. CBD (cannabidiol, one of the active ingredients in the cannabis plant) is also known for its calming properties.

Old 11-10-2019, 11:56 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,731,407 times
On the edibles, I initially was enthused as they hit CA yrs ago but never got into them. Too pricey and who needs the calories. The MJ field is even more wide open here now and I have no desire. Found some nice relaxers that work good for me, including meditation. Some use wine for their relaxer and I've even given the wine up. No booze.

Old 11-10-2019, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
On the edibles, I initially was enthused as they hit CA yrs ago but never got into them. Too pricey and who needs the calories.
Not all edibles are calorie-laden. I use a drink called Kwik Zzzs which is only 4 calories per dose and Level Pro Tab indica tablets which have no calories at all.

Old 11-10-2019, 03:02 PM

11,157 posts, read 7,954,275 times
If you ate enough of an edible to cause weight gain ( calories) you’d be pretty stoned! Lol
Get Yourself a low dose edible and just eat a portion and see how you feel. Not enough, eat a little more. Too much, eat less ( next time). Once you regulate the dose that suits you... you’re golden. Nobody is going to be able to answer your question as they have no idea of your tolerance to marijuana.

Old 11-10-2019, 03:04 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,731,407 times
I don't like to eat anything after 6PM or so.

Old 11-10-2019, 03:08 PM

7,235 posts, read 4,543,736 times
I was told that edibles would put me to sleep but, not really. I also feel like if you hear a noise in the middle of the night and your stone cold sober... you can be sure it was actually a noise. If you had an edible... it could be an audible hallucination and so taking the edible at night is a bad idea. If I heard a strange noise during the night I could not be sure if it was real or due to the pot.

Everyone reacts differently to marijuana so I would suspect that even if something worked for me it might not for you.

Old 11-10-2019, 04:17 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,646,935 times
It's cannabis - not "marijuana."

I like Petra Mints.

https://kivaconfections.com/products.../moroccan-mint

Old 11-10-2019, 06:54 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,961,779 times
please educate us about "edible".

there is too much on the internet
to "digest". what EXACTLY is an
edible? excruciatingly detailed,
please, with instructions or
owner's manual or something.

Old 11-10-2019, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
Petra Mints are wonderful. My favorite flavors are Moroccan Mint and Saigon Cinnamon, but they also come in Eucalyptus, Cherry and Pineapple. Each mint is only 2.5 mg, so they are ideal for microdosing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeydance View Post
please educate us about "edible".

there is too much on the internet
to "digest". what EXACTLY is an
edible? excruciatingly detailed,
please, with instructions or
owner's manual or something.

Edibles are cannabis in any form that can be consumed orally. Some examples are tablets, capsules, tinctures, oral sprays, sublingual strips, mints, gummis, chocolate bars, cookies, brownies, beverages, marshmallows, caramels and malted milk balls. Edibles are ideal for people who can't smoke it or prefer not to. Some other advantages of edibles are that there is no smoke or odor, they can be consumed discreetly (if this is an issue) and the effects are long-lasting, up to six hours. The disadvantage is that, because the THC is processed through the digestive system, it can take at least 45 minutes and up to two hours for the full effect to be felt. For this reason some newbies will think it's not working and take too much, which can create some unpleasant side effects such as pounding heart, disorientation and anxiety.

The only "instructions" you would need with edibles is to be careful and start with a very low dose until you know what your tolerance is. Some of the mints come in dosages as low as 1 mg each, which is ideal for beginners or for microdosing, when you want just enough for a mild effect, but you don't want to feel intoxicated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness