U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 02:51 PM

5,964 posts, read 2,640,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abderian View Post
Lack of people buying the MMR can weaken Merck's bottom line. Something to think about.
LOL & welcome to City-Data, btw.

Old Yesterday, 09:03 PM

151 posts, read 10,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
LOL & welcome to City-Data, btw.
Thanks! It's already been an...experience.

Old Yesterday, 09:07 PM

15,947 posts, read 9,142,000 times
Quote:
Thanks! It's already been an...experience.
You seem to be enjoying the experience otherwise I'd remind you that no one is forced to stay.

Old Yesterday, 09:30 PM

151 posts, read 10,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
You seem to be enjoying the experience otherwise I'd remind you that no one is forced to stay.
Definitely, with a few notable exceptions, lol.

Old Yesterday, 10:43 PM

1,581 posts, read 444,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
BS. The reason I had chicken pox, mumps, rubella, strep, scarlet fever, and FLU, was because I had measles beforehand which weakened my immune system?

My daughter had her MMR vaccine, and never had measles. So why did she have chicken pox, chronic strep, norovirus, and FLU?
Because the vaccine was for MMR, not "chicken pox, chronic strep, norovirus, and FLU?".

Old Today, 08:12 PM

88,234 posts, read 104,422,668 times
Quote:
Like the millions and millions of other kids of your generation, whose parents were "so concerned" about your getting the measles that they didn't even bother to take you to the doctor when you had it?

This "research" and its attendant mainstream media hype is for scaring the younger parents who don't know any better because they didn't see what previous generations experienced.

Surely just a big coincidence! /s

My generation was relatively healthy back in the 70s. We were teenagers when the MMR formula was changed to the one made with aborted fetal cell line WI-38. I remember getting the occasional winter cold but summer colds were very rare. I didn't know anyone who had severe life-threatening allergies, eczema, asthma, severe autism, etc. Those were the days!
All of this is balderdash! Parents were concerned about measles and did take their kids to the doctor "back then". Mine did. 48,000 were hospitalized every years and at least 400-500 DIED every year per CDC. 1000 had encephalitis (brain infection). Parents tend to have different concerns than their kids.
https://www.cdc.gov/measles/about/history.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or