U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2019, 10:13 AM

13,910 posts, read 9,348,482 times

Advertisements

https://www.insider.com/the-buff-dud...as-gas-2019-11

This is pretty accurate. There are plenty of veg that can give you energy and protein for bodybuilding but the negative aspect of this diet for athletes is the amount you have to consume because almost every vegetable has a lot of fiber and pulp. It can cause gastrointestinal issues when you are consuming an enormous amount to extract large doses of proteins and carbs for energy.

If you're not an athlete than you can stay on the diet as long as you keep eating a complete vegan diet and not just salads and beans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2019, 10:41 AM

5,528 posts, read 6,690,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
https://www.insider.com/the-buff-dud...as-gas-2019-11

This is pretty accurate. There are plenty of veg that can give you energy and protein for bodybuilding but the negative aspect of this diet for athletes is the amount you have to consume because almost every vegetable has a lot of fiber and pulp. It can cause gastrointestinal issues when you are consuming an enormous amount to extract large doses of proteins and carbs for energy.

If you're not an athlete than you can stay on the diet as long as you keep eating a complete vegan diet and not just salads and beans.
A personal trainer at my gym who I use occasionally is vegan and was competing in body building. It worked for him. Tom Brady eats a vegan diet and he does pretty well in his sport!

Old 11-23-2019, 11:46 AM

494 posts, read 959,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
A personal trainer at my gym who I use occasionally is vegan and was competing in body building. It worked for him. Tom Brady eats a vegan diet and he does pretty well in his sport!
You don't have to be vegan. There is always the option of going vegetarian, which for most people is easier. I've been a vegetarian for 45 years, and the last three have been vegan.

It seems lately that people are only talking about eating meat or being vegan. THERE IS ANOTHER CHOICE. FYI, the only difference is that vegans don't consume dairy or eggs. That's it.

Old 11-23-2019, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seethelight View Post
You don't have to be vegan. There is always the option of going vegetarian, which for most people is easier. I've been a vegetarian for 45 years, and the last three have been vegan.

It seems lately that people are only talking about eating meat or being vegan. THERE IS ANOTHER CHOICE. FYI, the only difference is that vegans don't consume dairy or eggs. That's it.
I am well aware of what a vegan is. I have been one before. One my my good friends has been a vegan since the early 90's and one of my daughter's is one. I now prefer being an omnivore myself. I was just adding on to the article that one can be vegan and be athletic.
The number one thing that vegans need to do is take b-12 supplements.

Old 11-27-2019, 08:00 AM

419 posts, read 372,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
No, Tom Brady eats a diet full of anti-inflammatory foods according to him. In his latest book he says he eats fish all the time. So he is not fully vegan. Just because a vegan diet works for someone does not mean it is the optimal diet for all athletes.

Old 11-27-2019, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
No, Tom Brady eats a diet full of anti-inflammatory foods according to him. In his latest book he says he eats fish all the time. So he is not fully vegan. Just because a vegan diet works for someone does not mean it is the optimal diet for all athletes.
I never said it was. I was just saying that for some people it works.

Old 11-28-2019, 02:55 AM

3 posts, read 164 times
This has been my experience. The vegan diet has worked well for me, I have a lot more energy. I get plenty of protein. It's not hard. I also sometimes follow an anti-inflammatory diet for my overall health.

Old Today, 12:43 PM

419 posts, read 372,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer76 View Post
This has been my experience. The vegan diet has worked well for me, I have a lot more energy. I get plenty of protein. It's not hard. I also sometimes follow an anti-inflammatory diet for my overall health.
It’s hard for the majority of people after 2 yrs. how many people are able to stick with this type of diet in the long term? My guess would be less than 10%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness