U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2019, 10:50 PM

7,775 posts, read 4,202,372 times

Advertisements

I understand why you are worried. Because it is worrisome until you get evidence that it is benign. And you are still young. I'm sending my Best Wishes and Prayers to you. In the meantime, I agree that Tylenol PM will help you sleep. Please keep updating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2019, 06:59 AM

73,477 posts, read 85,663,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo91 View Post
Not only do I have a feeling this is cancer, I feel like it has already spread to other parts. I have been having this strange sensation in my armpit as well.
You are letting your imagination run away with you now. Remember there are millions of people out there that have lived decades after a cancer diagnoses. Do you have a friend you can talk to about this? I still think you need to share your feelings with your family if you do not have a good friend to share and talk with as soon as possible. Trying to go through this alone is adding to your fears.

Old 12-01-2019, 09:23 AM

5,428 posts, read 3,455,788 times
Quote:
I'm a man, 28 years old.

I already have another appointment scheduled with the doctor next Wednesday but how am I going to sleep, eat or function until it has all been clarified?

Just like 99.999% of the rest of the world. Normally. I have had a lump in my testicles, I didn't have it checked and I'm still here (So is the lump) as you can see, I don't worry about it. In fact I have forgotten to ask my doctor about it several times...

Old 12-01-2019, 09:30 AM

5,972 posts, read 2,628,557 times
Quote:
Like I said, I will try to spend time with my family this Christmas. It might as well be the last.

Not being able to mention this to anyone until it's 100% clear is also tough.
Sorry but .

You're being dramatic. People have gone thru things 10000x worse than a lipoma.

Old 12-01-2019, 10:07 AM

10,180 posts, read 7,404,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Now you are catastrophizing. Its not helping anything. Consider that if you happened to have an abscess/infection in the breast (another possible reason why you have a painful lump that shows up on an ultrasound) swollen lymph nodes located under the arm on that side could swell and feel strange. It's your immune system doing its job. Recalling Dr. Pimple Popper again, some of the lumps patients walked in with did turn out to be abscesses, not lipomas. It didn't always turn out to be what was expected.

Look, people who have gone through what you are facing have attempted to help but you are not listening. Assuming the worst, that you have some raging cancer, does not make it true. Ever heard of the principle called Occam's Razor? Look it up. You are standing right on top of it.

Recently, there have been several very young new CD members (and they also seem to be men) who start threads about some serious disease diagnosis, usually treatable. They are refusing to do anything to make their difficult roads a little less difficult. They are refusing treatment, help, or kindness from families or friends, even rejecting them and causing them unnecessary hurt in the process. But, they feel compelled to post here instead, though heaven knows why because they don't accept the only thing members might be able to offer: advice. Some of us suspect they are trolls or one in the same person with pertinent details changed. Just to get helpful members riled up and waste their time. Endlessly arguing about why they must remain helpless martyrs.

Oh heck. On second thought, decided to do the work for you, even though doing the reading yourself would provide a much needed distraction from assuming the worst. Here's a link to a simple explanation of Occam's Razor:

https://philosophyterms.com/occams-razor/
IMO your third paragraph has hit the nail on the head. Which is why I won't read anymore of the OP's posts here or respond to them.

Old 12-01-2019, 10:10 AM

2,224 posts, read 404,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
IMO your third paragraph has hit the nail on the head. Which is why I won't read anymore of the OP's posts here or respond to them.
I was just thinking the same thing, Travelassie

Old 12-01-2019, 04:56 PM

11,629 posts, read 21,968,320 times
Quote:
The ultrasound already comes with the report. That's why it says it should be confirmed by a biopsy.
Sorry, I forgot reading your original post. It says it points to a lipoma. They said to biopsy to cover their butts.

Quote:
I'm a man, 28 years old.

I discovered a hard painful lump just above and behind my right nipple 3 months ago. I immediately remembered the gynecomastia I had as a teen and thought it was happening again.

However, it has never subsided since then and it's now a bit larger and more sensitive when I touch it. Even without touching it, I can easily feel a distinct sensation around the right breast. If I press directly, I have a sharp pain.

So, I went to the doctor and he agreed there was something about it. He ordered very comprehensive blood tests, including hormone panel, and an ultrasound. He said I should have them as quickly as possible.

I had both done today. The ultrasound results basically say:

1 - It's not gynecomastia. There are no signs of it.

2 - It points to a lipoma (1.3 in) but says it should be confirmed by a biopsy.

I already have another appointment scheduled with the doctor next Wednesday but how am I going to sleep, eat or function until it has all been clarified?
Quote:
They would be all over me with questions. I don't want to worry anyone so there's no point in saying anything when I don't know what it is myself.

If it turns our not to be cancer, I can have the surgery without telling anyone.
If you tell them it may be cancer and not a lipoma, tell them all these new symptoms you're having, I'm sure they'll really tease you when it does turn out to be a lipoma.

Quote:
Not only do I have a feeling this is cancer, I feel like it has already spread to other parts. I have been having this strange sensation in my armpit as well.
Quote:
Just felt a sharp pain going down my arm.
Of course you have other symptoms because it's cancer in your mind and you're going to die at 28 years old.

Try being 53, knowing you test positive for benzene exposure which caused Leukemia (cancer) that killed your father and having a chest x-ray to be told something similar except it was in my lung, it was a mass that only a biopsy can tell what it is. I go to a teaching hospital where my GP and pain management are. I saw the lung doctor there that told me it's very small, we're going to watch it with CT every 6 months. I'm in year 2 and it has not grown. Good thing I didn't think lung cancer right away and stopped living my life like what is going to happen to you because of all your psychosomatic symptoms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Now you are catastrophizing. Its not helping anything. Consider that if you happened to have an abscess/infection in the breast (another possible reason why you have a painful lump that shows up on an ultrasound) swollen lymph nodes located under the arm on that side could swell and feel strange. It's your immune system doing its job. Recalling Dr. Pimple Popper again, some of the lumps patients walked in with did turn out to be abscesses, not lipomas. It didn't always turn out to be what was expected.

Look, people who have gone through what you are facing have attempted to help but you are not listening. Assuming the worst, that you have some raging cancer, does not make it true. Ever heard of the principle called Occam's Razor? Look it up. You are standing right on top of it.

Recently, there have been several very young new CD members (and they also seem to be men) who start threads about some serious disease diagnosis, usually treatable. They are refusing to do anything to make their difficult roads a little less difficult. They are refusing treatment, help, or kindness from families or friends, even rejecting them and causing them unnecessary hurt in the process. But, they feel compelled to post here instead, though heaven knows why because they don't accept the only thing members might be able to offer: advice. Some of us suspect they are trolls or one in the same person with pertinent details changed. Just to get helpful members riled up and waste their time. Endlessly arguing about why they must remain helpless martyrs.

Oh heck. On second thought, decided to do the work for you, even though doing the reading yourself would provide a much needed distraction from assuming the worst. Here's a link to a simple explanation of Occam's Razor:

https://philosophyterms.com/occams-razor/
I do wonder if he's the one that had cancer who refused to be treated?

As I told him below. Go straight to a dermatologist who can remove it right in their office like Dr pimple popper can but no, it's easier to whine here about how he's dying from a lipoma. I even provided links to her videos to set his mind at ease.

OP, why don't you ice the area and throw a pin thru it to see if white lipoma guts come out like on Dr Lee's videos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
As I said, go to you tube to see Dr pimple popper lipoma then do Dr pimple popper cancer. They know it's a lipoma because it moves like a pea under the skin. If it was cancer it wouldn't move.

Honestly, I think you're worrying over nothing. I'll be shocked if it is breast cancer. Has your doctor done a blood screen for cancer?

Maybe you should also go to 23 and me while their health DNA test is $99 this weekend, normally it's $200 on sale $150; $99 is a great price, ends December 2nd. They tell you if you test positive for the breast cancer gene. You may luck out and get the results quicker.

As I also said, find a dermatologist to see. They will tell you what they think it is. I bet they're gonna be right too. They can remove it and send it out at the same time. You'd only have to wait for results if they thought it wasn't a lipoma which they will know as soon as they cut into it.

Old Yesterday, 07:05 AM

14 posts, read 2,947 times
My mother said I was sounding strange when we speak on the phone and I basically had to tell her the truth of what's going on.

Old Today, 06:41 AM

73,477 posts, read 85,663,388 times
Quote:
My mother said I was sounding strange when we speak on the phone and I basically had to tell her the truth of what's going on.
ok, so now what is the next step except to try and get over this constant concern when, at this point it is unlikely you are going to have too much to worry about or let's hope anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or