U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 08:50 PM

20,743 posts, read 19,694,403 times

Advertisements

Anyone know anything about this topic? I can't find very much recent information on it that isn't some form of advertising. I can find research articles from the 1970s and there is information from the 1950s. Apparently it works on animals (I say "apparently" because by the time I got to that I was bleary eyed from reading) and it some supplements are being sold that are based upon it.

Briefly, from what I gathered, it is said to boost immunity and it is anti viral. It could help with autoimmune diseases by regulating the immune system so that it doesn't overreact. It can help with infection. It can stimulate sluggish NK cell activity.

I met someone today who claims that it helped her. I think she had CFS (we don't really know what CFS is so it's hard to know what the TF would have done to help in that case.)

I am curious and would like to know more. Does it have anything to do with amino acids (which I saw mentioned while speed reading some of the information.) Can it help with leaky gut or whatever it is called now? Can it help with allergies?

It seems like it was a hot topic, maybe back in the 1950s-70s and it was, (apparently) used successfully to treat animals like horses. Now it seems to be making a comeback combined with other ingredients as a supplement. I don't want to turn this discussion into one about supplements or alternative medicine for now, just the facts about transfer factor, if anyone knows and if anyone wants to provide some unbiased information.

Old Yesterday, 11:37 PM

1,403 posts, read 1,214,406 times
I only have a smidgen to offer. I had horses for most of my life until a couple of years ago. I've known a number of people who swore by Transfer Factor and a number of people who didn't think it made any difference. These were people who had horses on the show circuit, as did I, so the horses are exposed to everything under the sun at the different venues. Routine vaccinations can't cover everything so they added the TF. I never used it on my horses so really have nothing to add there.

I'd forgotten about TF until this post. I don't know anyone who used it for themselves or any other human. I'd love to think it could help our wonky immune systems! I'll do some digging and see what I can uncover - I'll check out an equine website that I trust and see what info might be there. I don't remember, if I ever knew, what the actual detailed function of the TF is, or what its components are. I need a refresher, obviously.

Hopefully someone else knows more than I do. Thanks for bringing this up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 11:40 PM

10,107 posts, read 6,676,544 times
https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/in...ransfer-factor

You have to sign in..Free, just sign up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or