Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2019, 07:29 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,898,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Vaccines are a tiny fraction of manufacturer's profits.
It's GUARANTEED money. And you have zero liability for the product. If people die, it's never your fault. Organizations buy it in bulk from you. Make it, sell it locked in profit over DECADES, plus boosters *of course* the vaccine effectiveness wanes over time ...

What part of that is so really terribly hard to understand?

And why are posters so horribly defensive about it? As if you are offended that pharma is business? And seeking to P R O F I T ?? Why are you so freaked out about it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2019, 07:49 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,275,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Google-paste, google-paste, google-paste. no discussion. Just google-paste.

Which is more important? Clean water. No question.

But clean water isn't profitable for big pharma. Vaccines are. Hugely profitable. No matter how often you cry poverty for pharma. Doesn't change that simple fact. /shrug/

I know that upsets you, but what can you do except post how much you want mandatory forced vaccination so pharma can continue to profit off its captive consumer base?
Quote:
It's GUARANTEED money. And you have zero liability for the product. If people die, it's never your fault. Organizations buy it in bulk from you. Make it, sell it locked in profit over DECADES, plus boosters *of course* the vaccine effectiveness wanes over time ...

What part of that is so really terribly hard to understand?

And why are posters so horribly defensive about it? As if you are offended that pharma is business? And seeking to P R O F I T ?? Why are you so freaked out about it?
I prefer google-paste that furthers an argument with data rather than emotional "discussion". If anyone is freaked out, it seems to be you...the projection is palpable. Stick with the data you can find - no one is crying poverty for Pharma.

Old 12-08-2019, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
I prefer google-paste that furthers an argument with data rather than emotional "discussion". If anyone is freaked out, it seems to be you...the projection is palpable. Stick with the data you can find - no one is crying poverty for Pharma.
I prefer people who can discuss topics themselves rather than google-paste a lot of links / multiple quotes that take up the entire CD page when scrolling down. I'm pretty sure those posters haven't bothered to read all that information themselves. Otherwise? Well, posting on CD would have to be a full-time job for them, I guess.

And yes, there are quite a few posters who get VERY upset when it is pointed out that pharma is a billion dollar business. Their posts indicate that pharma is only in it to save lives, not make a gazillion in profits each year. In fact every time I posted about it? Was to RESPOND to those posters who were getting upset about the fact that yes, pharma profits TREMENDOUSLY. /shrug/

But you can keep arguing if you like.

Have a FANTASTIC DAY!!!!!!!

Old 12-08-2019, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Google-paste, google-paste, google-paste. no discussion. Just google-paste.

Which is more important? Clean water. No question.

But clean water isn't profitable for big pharma. Vaccines are. Hugely profitable. No matter how often you cry poverty for pharma. Doesn't change that simple fact. /shrug/

I know that upsets you, but what can you do except post how much you want mandatory forced vaccination so pharma can continue to profit off its captive consumer base?
Quote:
I prefer people who can discuss topics themselves rather than google-paste a lot of links / multiple quotes that take up the entire CD page when scrolling down. I'm pretty sure those posters haven't bothered to read all that information themselves. Otherwise? Well, posting on CD would have to be a full-time job for them, I guess.

And yes, there are quite a few posters who get VERY upset when it is pointed out that pharma is a billion dollar business. Their posts indicate that pharma is only in it to save lives, not make a gazillion in profits each year. In fact every time I posted about it? Was to RESPOND to those posters who were getting upset about the fact that yes, pharma profits TREMENDOUSLY. /shrug/

But you can keep arguing if you like.

Have a FANTASTIC DAY!!!!!!!
Wait...feels like I am reading the same post twice - I was hoping to hear a new point from you. /shrug/ Have a blessed day!

The post was originally about a possible HIV vaccine specifically, not the many evils of Pharma (a-gain!). A vaccine for a deadly disease is very good news.

Old 12-08-2019, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Wait...feels like I am reading the same post twice - I was hoping to hear a new point from you. /shrug/ Have a blessed day!

The post was originally about a possible HIV vaccine specifically, not the many evils of Pharma (a-gain!). A vaccine for a deadly disease is very good news.

Old 12-08-2019, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Aaaawwww - i wuv u 2!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness