U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2019, 07:50 AM

40,143 posts, read 58,011,409 times

Advertisements

Toilet sampling of urine in the way they describe could monitor hundreds of compounds that can directly report on your metabolic health and lifestyle. They are currently building a prototype smart toilet that can analyze urine directly from a toilet in rapid fashion. It would be necessary to share all of the data in something akin to the National Institutes of Health.
If people can get past that, the same way that they are willing to have their Netflix choices or Amazon purchases used to make the overall recommender systems smarter, it could be the start of something truly interesting.

So long as you're willing to surrender your urine not just to the sewer system, but to the cloud as well.

How would you feel about sharing your toileting habits?
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee,
Minnesota, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2019, 07:58 AM

7,763 posts, read 3,219,478 times
Have you been to Japan? They are on the cutting edge of smart toilets. You need an owners manual to figure out how to use one. They are Not yet in the range of what you wrote about, but on the way. I think it is a very good idea and hope the prototype gets to market quickly.

Old 12-02-2019, 09:08 AM

10,186 posts, read 7,408,151 times
Given the choice of a Smart Toilet and an outhouse, I think I'd opt for the outhouse.

Some things go beyond the pale in regards to privacy, IMO.

Old 12-02-2019, 09:14 AM

3,337 posts, read 99,480 times
I would also much prefer an outhouse and I think anyone who cares about privacy would also!!!

Old 12-02-2019, 09:32 AM

5,927 posts, read 5,067,531 times
When the government can prove a level of trust and not the corruption it now enjoys the idea is practical. however the government is prone to weaponize anything that might give them a bit of power,
I vote for the out-house.
Personally, I had thought about a computer program years ago that did all the analysis and all one's vitals so that one could track their own health and only if they choose to share some information with a professional.
However, I think the computer should be equipt with all the medical knowledge available.
Remember the movie Eleseum?

Old 12-02-2019, 12:07 PM

10,155 posts, read 6,698,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Given the choice of a Smart Toilet and an outhouse, I think I'd opt for the outhouse.

Some things go beyond the pale in regards to privacy, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambers72 View Post
I would also much prefer an outhouse and I think anyone who cares about privacy would also!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
When the government can prove a level of trust and not the corruption it now enjoys the idea is practical. however the government is prone to weaponize anything that might give them a bit of power,
I vote for the out-house.
Personally, I had thought about a computer program years ago that did all the analysis and all one's vitals so that one could track their own health and only if they choose to share some information with a professional.
However, I think the computer should be equipt with all the medical knowledge available.
Remember the movie Eleseum?

You people are frickin paranoid

You are not doing anything on the toilet that EVERYONE in the civilized world isn't!

Go freeze your a$$es off in an outhouse

Old 12-02-2019, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
You people are frickin paranoid

You are not doing anything on the toilet that EVERYONE in the civilized world isn't!

Go freeze your a$$es off in an outhouse
That's ok Mike. I'll sit in the outhouse and play with my flip phone.

Old 12-02-2019, 04:33 PM

19,708 posts, read 8,842,047 times
It all depends on HOW it's shared.

If the smart toilet compares my results to a database and then tells me - AND ONLY ME - how my numbers compare with the database, I'd actually like that.

Otherwise, nope.

Old 12-02-2019, 04:58 PM

8,493 posts, read 3,683,283 times
I would also prefer that it doesn't inform me of anything dire while I'm sitting on it. Especially half asleep at 3 am.

Old 12-02-2019, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
I would also prefer that it doesn't inform me of anything dire while I'm sitting on it. Especially half asleep at 3 am.
Especially if it's going to ask you embarrassing ( pardon the pun) or personal questions, or comments..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness