U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 08:59 PM
JL JL started this thread

7,372 posts, read 12,080,360 times

Advertisements

Over the past 3-4 months, i got some dark areas on my ankles for some reason. There is no itching or pain. It kinda looks like a bruise. Very odd. My other ankle doesn't have the issue. On some days it looks bad and other days it is faded a bit. It feels a bit dry and i started to use moisturizer. Anyone have anything similar? Thanks.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 09:12 PM

15,960 posts, read 9,150,944 times
They do look like bruises - have you been doing any new or different activities - hobbies, sports, gym? Using some different equipment at home or at work that is rubbing up against it or knocking into your ankle? If you have no other spots on the other leg or your arms or anywhere else it seems less likely to be due to some health condition.

You might try taking a daily picture to keep track of changes and see if that jibes with your activities in any way. I could say to see your doctor but you seem like a young guy and that's likely an overreaction if it's not painful/getting worse - I'd still keep an eye on it though.

Old Today, 12:41 AM

40,106 posts, read 49,078,862 times
OP it looks like you may be wearing high top tennis shoes, or similar, and your foot is rubbing on the inside of the shoe. I've had that happen.
If it continues and it's not a shoe problem then see a dermatologist for a diagnosis and a solution.

You might want to check this site out too. https://www.google.com/search?ei=tQP...=1575355395784
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or