Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 05:39 PM

605 posts, read 866,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
I am hoping your dr should already know. Let him know of all of your symptoms. Write everything down before you go in for your visit as not to forget something until you are walking out the door.
So many of our patients do that. And then the dr has already moved on to the next patient, and has no time for the one standing there with more questions.
I have had one of the physicians tell me, after a patient told me he didn't fully understand what the dr was saying to him about MS,, to tell the patient to sch another appt.
That is just messed up.
That is messed up, the medical field and its physicians aren't what it used to be... Thanks.
Shepsmom - I heard it was a nerve free organ too, and it can repair itself really quickly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2008, 05:43 PM

605 posts, read 866,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6/3 View Post
Could also be an enlarged liver from NAFL as i've reading more and more about Fatty Liver striking more people. I remember the movie ''Super Size Me'' about the guy who at 31 was in good health and weight and they measured all his blood parameters which were normal and so he ate at Mc D's every day 3 times a day for 30 days and at the end of the experiment he was showing signs of Fatty Liver and his Blood Fats were out of whack and he gained fat in his stomach or Visceral Fat (deadliest kind)
Not saying you have this WannaBNorCal....but just throwing out info on a growing problem in North America.
Here's a recient science story about it for those interested.
Quick-burning Carbs May Cause Fatty Liver: Low-glycemic Diet Protected Mice
Thanks so much for the link That was some GREAT information. I've never heard of liver problems being felt in the middle upper back, can liver problems do that? The 'fatty liver' is a growing problem, no more Tylenol if that's the case, I just had an U/S on my gallbladder, would they have seen the surrounding organs ie; the liver or any sign(s) of a fatty liver? The only other 'disease' with the liver I know is from the alcohol. Chirrosis.
Thanks 6/3 you've been really helpful.

Old 04-24-2008, 05:53 PM

713 posts, read 2,717,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBNorCal View Post
I just had an U/S on my gallbladder, would they have seen the surrounding organs ie; the liver or any sign(s) of a fatty liver?
Thanks 6/3 you've been really helpful.

Normally you would need to have an "Abdominal U/S" ordered for your scan to include your liver. You should ask for a copy of the report...you will be looking for the term "bright liver" if you liver shows any evidence of fatty liver, if whom ever wrote the report doesn't come right out and say it.

Old 04-24-2008, 06:42 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,616,833 times
Hey everyone here is the Wiki site about the movie ''Super Size Me'' as it tells exactly how he ate for 30 days at Micky D and what it did to his health. At just 3 weeks his physician pleaded for him to stop as he was showing signs of Fatty Liver. In fairness there are criticisms although it's mainly from guess who?? Micky D's ......

Interesting read for those interested.
Super Size Me - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness