Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2020, 12:00 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,247,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I really do hope, and believe based on what the medical examiner told me, that this was the case with my husband.

He had genetically high blood pressure that had been high since he was in his thirties, but had never had a heart attack or stent or anything like that, then BOOM.
Kathryn, Im going to almost guarantee it then, love.

I, too, have genetic high BP (we didnt find I also had massive genetic heart issues that went along w that BP until much later) like your hubby. I can honestly say that day, the moments leading up to, I felt maybe more tired than usual but ZERO pain. None. No anxiety, No fear.

I was in my car also. Later on, a bystander told me i was on the ground, w equipment, gloves all around...it reminded me of your post about the accidental pic taken...Someone did show me a pic of the scene, you cant see my face but its me. I could SWEAR to you right now that it was a pic of someone else, Kathryn yet its my clothing, my supah cute shoes.

Please know he didnt suffer nor did he choose to "leave". I would have never left my children just like he didnt "leave" you. Know he is awaiting your arrival when your time comes...hes not suffering because I believe I wasn't either during my short stay. Only the people here suffer...

Kathryn do you care to share his first name (PM is fine lol)? I am on my third open heart surgery of the year so the odds are I will beat you to the pearly gates (again ha) and Ill be sure to look for him! "Hi anyone here know Kathryn's hubby?! Im here w a message to shape up and send more love Kathryn's way!"

Love & strength coming at ya!

Last edited by LLCNYC; 10-11-2020 at 12:15 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2020, 12:02 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,247,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Kathryn, Im going to almost guarantee it then, love.

I, too, have genetic high BP (we didnt find I also had massive genetic heart issues that went along w that BP until much later) like your hubby. I can honestly say that day, the moments leading up to, I felt maybe more tired than usual but ZERO pain. None. No anxiety, No fear, no sadness.

I was in my car also. Later on, a bystander told me i was on the ground, w equipment, gloves all around...it reminded me of your post about the accidental pic taken...Someone did show me a pic of the scene, you cant see my face but its me. I could SWEAR to you right now that it was a pic of someone else, Kathryn yet its my clothing, my supah cute shoes.
Im quoting myself bcuz my original post was cut off for some reason....in the worst possible place as it appeared all i was doing was being sarcastic...PLEASE know that wasnt the case!

I reposted the whole post above.

Old 10-11-2020, 12:21 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,330,347 times
Not to sound too harsh, and maybe someone has already brought this up, but if someone has died from a massive heart attack how can you know if it was painful or not, since the person died and they can't tell you the level of pain they felt?

Of course people have had heart attacks, even massive ones and have lived to tell the tale, but if you are talking about death, the dead tell no tales!

Old 10-11-2020, 02:08 PM

6,617 posts, read 6,541,448 times
That's how my brother described his... like someone was sitting on his chest.

It's a good thing the doctor was right there when a nurse gave him too much of some drug.

He said he could feel himself sliding into unconsciousness, heard the doctor yell for something (a different drug) and brought him back.

He's still doing well 15 years later

Old 10-11-2020, 03:24 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
Not to sound too harsh, and maybe someone has already brought this up, but if someone has died from a massive heart attack how can you know if it was painful or not, since the person died and they can't tell you the level of pain they felt?

Of course people have had heart attacks, even massive ones and have lived to tell the tale, but if you are talking about death, the dead tell no tales!
If my husband felt any pain there was absolutely no indication of it. That's all I'm saying. I just don't think it could have been THAT painful if there was no indication of it and if it was sudden and massive and the person immediately lost consciousness. But heart attacks are all different and I am sure that many people feel pain and discomfort and all that - sometimes maybe even agony. But I don't believe that it's universal one way or the other.

Old 10-11-2020, 03:33 PM

8,753 posts, read 5,050,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Rocky View Post
A dear friend of ours died from sudden cardiac arrest literally right in front of us last year. We were all sitting in her living room chatting and having a lovely time. She suddenly put her hands to her head and said she was having "one of her vertigo spells". She'd told us she got those once in a while, so we thought nothing of it. We just waited for it to go away like she described it always did after a minute or so.

She then slumped over unconscious and that was it. She was gone from our lives. The paramedics were there within 3 minutes but all their CPR and defibbing didn't work. We didn't even know it was a heart attack until the coroner's report 5 days later. He said it was due to two major blockages that she should have had checked out but she was quite doctor-averse unfortunately.

We still feel immense guilt that we hadn't thought of it and given her chest compressions. She was taking deep breaths every so often so we just thought it was the vertigo or some sort of seizure. The coroner said it was very unlikely that we could have helped her but we still wonder. There could have been a miracle. Later on we found out that she'd complained to a couple of other friends of hers about a heavy feeling in her chest occasionally. Very frustrating to learn that. One of those friends had told her to go to the doctor about that but she said she was too busy. She'd also said she had heartburn for the past few years, which everyone seems to have these days. We've since learned that women experience heart attack symptoms differently than men so it's often not recognized as readily and goes undiagnosed til it's too late. Like for our dear friend.

It was a terrible thing to witness and to feel so helpless but from what I saw, it wasn't painful for her. Just horrifying for us.
And that is the way I would like DH and myself to go. Do not feel guilty, be happy, she didn`t suffer.

Old 10-11-2020, 05:51 PM

88,562 posts, read 84,755,078 times
I watched my father die of a heart attack. He didn't seem to be in any pain. He got up at about 2 a.m. and went to the kitchen. The container of orange juice was on the floor, so that must have been what he was going for. My mother heard the THUMP as he fell and got up and ran to see what it was. He was just lying on the floor, eyes closed, and when my mother asked him what happened, he said he didn't know.

While waiting for the paramedics, he had what looked to me like some kind of seizure. Not like a grand mal seizure but he kind of shook for a few seconds and when I said, "Dad?" he didn't answer me. Then the paramedics were there and asking him questions, like did he know where he was and did he know what month it was. "I'm in my kitchen!", he said in an annoyed voice. But he never mentioned pain.

Then he started doing that shaking thing again (which now I know was due to fibrillation and the brain not getting enough blood) and was not responding, and they started working on him and my mother, brother and I were all there watching, and then the paramedics were still doing the same thing but at one precise instant, he "left". He was dead, and we knew it. They kept working on him and then put him on the stretcher and took him to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead, but he died on the kitchen floor.

No indication of pain, though.

21 years ago October 30. He must be on my brain

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 10-11-2020 at 05:59 PM..

Old 10-11-2020, 06:15 PM

10,350 posts, read 13,936,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grandeur View Post
How painful is it to die of heart attack?
Don't know, I'll come back and let you know if I die of one. I'm sure it's not pleasant.

Old 10-11-2020, 06:17 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,992,840 times
Women RARELY have "chest pain" during a heart attack....although it's possible....most think they have indigestion, or a pulled muscle or something like that. Maybe nausea or lightheadedness.....
Men are more likely to have intense chest pain....but not always.
No two heart attacks are the same.

Old 10-11-2020, 06:25 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,474,875 times
SOMETIMES we hear someone died peacefully in their sleep,is that possible?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness