Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2020, 09:36 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
I was new to a particular job, had only been with the company a couple of weeks. One day, I wore a dress to work, that was ankle length. I did NOT wear underwear or a slip, but I DID have pantyhose on.

I'm on my break with everyone else, feeling a little awkward because I didn't really know anyone yet. I'm trying to stand discretely away from everyone, standing by the front door of this office building.

Well, the office building had a revolving door, and as two guys came through the door, it created a strong enough breeze that it blew the front of my dress up. EVERYBODY in front of me saw it. I quickly pushed the front of my dress down, which caused the back of my dress to fly up and over my head. The two guys coming through the door go "Ooh la la!" and everyone starts to laugh. Except me. I was mortified.

I considered letting that be my last day at that company. LOL But then I figured "Oh heck, if there was anyone there who'd never seen a woman's body parts, it was high time they did!" And I got over it. LOL
In the panty hose days I did not usually wear underwear, but I didn't wear the same pair of panty hose more than one day, or usually I didn't. I will never say never.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2020, 09:36 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,022,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
Often wondered why we cared if a panty line showed; so what, people know you're wearing underwear and why do they care?

I don't think it's so much about people knowing you're wearing underwear. It's about being distracting, if you're wearing the wrong size or the wrong color. Like...wearing black underwear under white pants would just not look right, and it would take away from looking smooth and polished and put together.

Old 10-14-2020, 10:22 AM

13,714 posts, read 12,427,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
I'll admit I've worn the same pair for more than one day while camping/backpacking. But I can see that puts me in good company (45% of Americans). Certainly not going to hurt anyone if it is occasional.

Having 50 pairs of underwear that you change throughout the day because "why not?" is the opposite extreme. I have better things to spend money on than superfluous underwear! And it gives me a funny picture of someone turning off the TV, sitting there for a minute wondering what to do next, and going, "I know! I'll go change my underwear! Why not?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
Why on earth would you not change your underwear?

So many truly perverted people in the world.

I had no idea.
When people don't take them off in the first place.

Similar to Saibot I've done it on hunting trips.

Old 10-14-2020, 11:27 AM

4,857 posts, read 2,670,979 times
Quote:
What Happens to Your Body When You Don't Change Your Underwear
skidmarks..

now all you nasty asses that don't change everyday get outta here and don't come around me no more..lol..

Old 10-14-2020, 01:32 PM

44,627 posts, read 61,603,272 times
What Happens to Your Body When You Don't Change Your Underwear

You grow a bacterial jungle.

Old 10-14-2020, 02:09 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,251,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
Often wondered why we cared if a panty line showed; so what, people know you're wearing underwear and why do they care?
My mother was a bit of a fashionista in her day. She was very fastidious about this kind of thing because it ruined the line of the clothes. It was the same reason why I got yelled at for putting my hands in my pockets ALL THE TIME.

The reason she was cognizant of this issue was because my mother made her own clothing, and tailored it to herself. And enjoyed it. Mom looked fabulous all the time.

I actually remembered how to get pants to fit properly. And have used this. And it’s not with that stupid fold line thing they got going on with patterns.

Old 10-14-2020, 02:59 PM

6,823 posts, read 10,516,715 times
I would suspect many people change their underwear when they shower/bathe, whether that is every day or on some other schedule.

Old 10-14-2020, 05:28 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,241,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
Visible Panty Line. As part of an advertising campaign (marketing ploy) for pantyhose with a built in cotton "panty" portion, VPL was introduced as an embarrassing fashion faux pas. In other words you don't want people to be able to see the outline of your panties through your clothes.
News to me. Guess i can still learn something.

Old 10-15-2020, 07:39 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,541,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
I'm one of those people who go comando every day. I think, ever since high school...maybe even before that, I didn't really see the point, except the days of my period.

Has it ever embarassed me? Yep. Once. I got over it.
Okay, a question for women... What did you do about discharge if you go commando?

I thought every woman has healthy discharge, not just at ovulation, but every day? Maybe there are a few women that don't??? News to me.

Underwear wicks the discharge away from the body, so it isn't seeping into your clothes. I have to think ewww, if it seeps into the back of a skirt or dress and shows when you stand up.

Old 10-15-2020, 08:14 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,022,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
Okay, a question for women... What did you do about discharge if you go commando?

I thought every woman has healthy discharge, not just at ovulation, but every day? Maybe there are a few women that don't??? News to me.

Underwear wicks the discharge away from the body, so it isn't seeping into your clothes. I have to think ewww, if it seeps into the back of a skirt or dress and shows when you stand up.

Sure, there's discharge. But if your clothes are loose enough, most of it will evaporate away. And if I'm wearing a dress, I'm wearing SOMETHING under the dress. Back then, it was the pantyhose. Nowadays, I would be wearing bike shorts under a dress. Unless it's a semi formal affair, where I would be wearing pantyhose again.

But most days, I wear jeans, slacks, shorts, etc...and yeah...I go commando. I put on fresh clean clothes every day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness