Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2020, 10:38 AM

6,340 posts, read 2,889,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Where do you think that the bad Zantac came from in the first place?
It wasn't a bad batch. Ranitidine breaks down into NDMA when heated. Even brand name Zantac tests high in NDMA when heated. It's similar to the chemical in the bacon that is killing people.

Yes, bacon really is killing us

Decades’ worth of research proves that chemicals used to make bacon do cause cancer. So how did the meat industry convince us it was safe?
https://www.theguardian.com/news/201...rites-sausages

Old 10-26-2020, 11:04 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times
Even if some say the meds we get are from India anyway, I will not take a chance. No one knows they come from India and if the do they are still controlled by our local companies. Anyone who feels comfortable ordering from India or some similar place don't come back and whine because you got gotten taken in, just hope you don't get sick or worse.

Old 10-26-2020, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Even if some say the meds we get are from India anyway, I will not take a chance. No one knows they come from India and if the do they are still controlled by our local companies. Anyone who feels comfortable ordering from India or some similar place don't come back and whine because you got gotten taken in, just hope you don't get sick or worse.
People have been getting meds from India to save money.

India buyers club: The new way for Americans to buy cheap drugs

https://money.cnn.com/2016/06/02/new...vir-hepatitis/

Old 10-26-2020, 09:01 PM

6,451 posts, read 3,969,739 times
Sure, there are legitimate manufacturers in India, I'm sure. The question is if one feels qualified to evaluate whether one's source is legitimate.

Old 10-27-2020, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
Sure, there are legitimate manufacturers in India, I'm sure. The question is if one feels qualified to evaluate whether one's source is legitimate.
All someone in India has to do is buy a box and ship it. The pills should be in a labeled box with blister packs. The question will be how it is shipped. If it gets too hot it might start to break down.

Old 10-27-2020, 08:58 AM

982 posts, read 607,459 times
About a year and half ago I needed to get some cheaper meds and talked to a local distributor for Canadian meds and purchased what I needed. She said that they do get some meds manufactured in India but my particular one was manufactured in Canada. Seems even Canadian sellers are selling meds from India.

Old 10-27-2020, 09:57 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,529,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
Most of our generics come from India anyway. I got tired of waiting for Zantac to come back on the market so I found a site that sells the Indian version of it which they call Aciloc and sent $30 to someone with an Indian name for a 3 month supply with paypal.
I just googled Zantac, didn't know it was taken off the market. It won't be sold again because they say it causes cancer. I wonder if your package will be allowed through customs.

They did that with a med I used to take for arthritis but I can't recall what med it was.

Let us know how it works out.

Old 10-27-2020, 05:22 PM

17,543 posts, read 13,329,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schuttzie View Post
About a year and half ago I needed to get some cheaper meds and talked to a local distributor for Canadian meds and purchased what I needed. She said that they do get some meds manufactured in India but my particular one was manufactured in Canada. Seems even Canadian sellers are selling meds from India.

US pharmacies are stocking generics from India and China

We leave it up to the FDA to certify

I have ordered from North Drug Store in Canada when Crestor and Zetia were not available as generics. I always called and would pick Canadian or UK manufacturer when available

Several times I was given choice of manufactured in Turkey and shipped from Turkey at MUCH lower price, always refused

I have friends in Yuma who go over to Mexico to pick up Rxs, I keep telling them that they are crazy. They have no clue what they are getting

Canada has great equivalent of FDA, Mexico doesn't

Old 10-27-2020, 09:21 PM

6,451 posts, read 3,969,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
All someone in India has to do is buy a box and ship it. The pills should be in a labeled box with blister packs. The question will be how it is shipped. If it gets too hot it might start to break down.

Shady "pharmacies" aren't able to produce blister packs?

Old 10-27-2020, 09:28 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,325,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
I have friends in Yuma who go over to Mexico to pick up Rxs, I keep telling them that they are crazy. They have no clue what they are getting

Canada has great equivalent of FDA, Mexico doesn't
I lived in Tucson for 7 years and once a year, one of the local TV stations would go down to Nogales, Sonora and randomly buy various popular drugs, bring them back and have them all tested in a lab to see if they are what they say they are, and if the dose is what it says it is.

And for the most part, every time they did this random testing, the drugs were indeed correct and the doses as well. Now, does that make all the drugs sold in Mexico that are bought by US citizens, mostly retired folk, real and/or the correct dose, no, of course not, but I wouldn't say all the drugs bought in Mexico are fake or a lethal dose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness