U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2020, 09:52 AM

15,515 posts, read 24,429,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I've ordered prescription drugs for many years, without a prescription, from InHouse Pharmacy located on the island of Vanuatu, near Australia. I like it because it's been in business for decades and if you have a question, you get someone who speaks English - with an Aussie accent!

Free shipping to the US! The only drawback is no credit cards.

USA Customers:
  • Mail your check to our USA PO Box (*Preferred)
  • Money Order or Cashier's check are also acceptable and result in fast processing and no clearance delays (*Preferred)
  • eChecks - Good for personal bank accounts in good standing with your bank with at least 6 months history since you opened it
  • Deluxe eChecks (http://www.deluxe.com/echecks/)
  • Wire transfer from your bank
  • We are unable to accept American Express from USA customers
I mail a personal check to their PO Box in the US. Never had a problem. Because I'm a longtime customer, as soon as I submit my online order, they ship the meds out without waiting for my check. It can take about two weeks.

Because the Trump administration has drastically lowered drug prices starting Jan. 1, 2021 I will be curious to see if the US pharmacies can beat InHouse Pharmacy's prices.

https://www.inhousepharmacy.vu/
I just priced a muscle relaxer called Baclofen, for 100 pills they want $33.50. I can use GoodRx and get 270 pills for $30. If I joined GoodRx it would cost $22.

Was curious because it looks like my new medicare prescription plan may not cover it or it was a bit pricey. I hadn't looked at GoodRx yet. I'll have a 90 day script filled in December and try to make that last.
Rate this post positively

Old 11-27-2020, 01:10 PM

16,727 posts, read 4,808,339 times
Everyone should shop around for the best deal. Different drugs are priced differently in different places, even at competing drug store chains in the US

Old 11-27-2020, 02:08 PM

3,760 posts, read 939,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
The meds I buy are made in the USA and are the same brands I used to buy here for twice the price. Depends what you need. You do realize many drugs you buy at US pharmacies are made in China, right? President Trump wants to bring back all those jobs
They don't make ranitidine/ zantac in the US anymore.

Old 11-27-2020, 07:07 PM

717 posts, read 548,876 times
I would not get anything from India! home of the world's most polluted rivers, with scores of people who dont even have flush toiletsand it all winds up in the rivers along with garbage, dead bodies, chemical waste and more.

India is also a major location for ship breaking- the place where all large cargo ships are run aground on the beach and demolished, with the pollution being spread all over the beach, water and land there;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSL6HuqM0Yc

It's also home for electronics recycling, where scores of people and children scrounge the garbage and waste sites looking for electronics and things they can extract bits of copper wire etc from, they BURN the plastic and rubber

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFfaYc_pIx8

It's even worse elsewhere;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mleQVO1Vd1I

India’s Ganges river is the main source of water for half a billion people. It’s also holy to the country’s almost 1 billion Hindus, who bathe in the river to be cleansed of their sins and believe that if a body is cremated and released into the water at Varanasi it can escape the cycle of reincarnation. But the river’s cleansing abilities are limited by the fact that the Ganges is one of the world’s most polluted waterways: A billion gallons of raw sewage and industrial waste currently pour into it every day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8lu9ntmPJo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkSXB-lRAp0

Do you REALLY want to take anything into your body made in a filthy place like this?

I would look to Canada instead

Old 11-27-2020, 07:44 PM

801 posts, read 529,923 times
I get my retin-a and my lattisse from India. Happy with the products and paying only 25% of cost here. My favorite site just closed down so need to find a new one.

Old 11-27-2020, 08:02 PM

5,403 posts, read 6,153,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchmiller9 View Post
Lots of people with no other choice that need really expensive meds (cancer, HIV, etc), use Indian generics. They really have no other choice if they are not destitute enough to qualify for assistance or do not have good insurance.
We had a prescription which was not covered by Medicare. Sadly, even those discount drug cards don't allow you to use their card if you have "government" insurance. Go figure!

Last edited by Heidi60; 11-27-2020 at 08:49 PM..

Old 11-27-2020, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky3vicky View Post
I get my retin-a and my lattisse from India. Happy with the products and paying only 25% of cost here. My favorite site just closed down so need to find a new one.

I stock up on Careprost (generic Latisse) at InHouse Pharmacy.vu (see above). All Day Chemist in India charged shipping last time I looked, but InHouse Pharmacy is free.

Jan. 1 is the date drug prices are supposed to drop in the US but then the drugstore chains will add their markup I suppose. We'll see.

Old 11-27-2020, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
They don't make ranitidine/ zantac in the US anymore.
It has a carcinogenic ingredient so not sold anywhere. Plenty of other similar drugs you can buy over the counter.

Old 11-28-2020, 02:21 AM

730 posts, read 470,285 times
If you do decide to buy medications manufactured in India, you might want to do some internet sleuthing to research FDA inspection violations for your drug manufacturer. As of a couple years ago, Cipla had the best record. That said, I've read the same reports another poster alluded to where inspections are typically scheduled in advance. Plants have time to correct violations before the inspection even occurs.

I do remember reading about one manufacturer that was found to have holes in the factory's roof where pigeon dung had fallen through onto the floor! I can only imagine what it would have been like when it rained.

Old 11-28-2020, 07:40 AM

3,760 posts, read 939,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculptor View Post

I would look to Canada instead
They don't make zantac/ranitidine in Canada. And any chemical made in India gets tested by USP standards. It doesn't matter how dirty the rivers are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness