U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2020, 08:01 AM

3,606 posts, read 877,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I stock up on Careprost (generic Latisse) at InHouse Pharmacy.vu (see above). All Day Chemist in India charged shipping last time I looked, but InHouse Pharmacy is free.

Jan. 1 is the date drug prices are supposed to drop in the US but then the drugstore chains will add their markup I suppose. We'll see.
I looked up the manufacturing company, Sun Pharma, and they say they make drugs in other countries. How do you know where your medication was made?

Quote:

These manufacturing units are located in India, the US, Brazil, Canada, Egypt, Hungary, Israel, Bangladesh, Mexico, Romania, Ireland, Morocco, Nigeria, South Africa and Malaysia.
https://www.sunpharma.com/operations/manufacturing
Rate this post positively

Old 11-28-2020, 02:27 PM

16,663 posts, read 4,724,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
How do you know where your medication was made?
It's on the label.

Many of our drugs bought in the US are made in China. Do you trust China? Have you seen their filthy rivers? Have you heard of Wuhan?

People in southern border cities travel to Mexico for cheaper drugs that are perfectly safe and you don't need a prescription. You can get counterfeit drugs in the US, you know.

People have strange ideas about India. There is a large population of highly educated people as well as dirt poor. Medical professionals are trained in India and work in western countries. Europeans often travel to India for cheaper surgery or surgery their national health services can't or won't do or which have years long waiting lists.

Old 11-28-2020, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
It's on the label.

Many of our drugs bought in the US are made in China. Do you trust China? Have you seen their filthy rivers? Have you heard of Wuhan?

People in southern border cities travel to Mexico for cheaper drugs that are perfectly safe and you don't need a prescription. You can get counterfeit drugs in the US, you know.

People have strange ideas about India. There is a large population of highly educated people as well as dirt poor. Medical professionals are trained in India and work in western countries. Europeans often travel to India for cheaper surgery or surgery their national health services can't or won't do or which have years long waiting lists.

I have never seen any med with the country of manufacture on the label. Of course I don't trust China - it's not even the subject of this thread.

Old 11-29-2020, 11:19 AM

663 posts, read 533,504 times
Quote:
I have never seen any med with the country of manufacture on the label.

Pharmacies get the meds in bulk and fill prescription bottles, so it doesnt say where it came from since its been re-bottled at the pharmacy, the exception are medications like Eliquis- a blood thinner, it's already bottled and sealed 60 tablets, it says on the label "Made in Ireland"

Old 11-29-2020, 11:25 AM

Quote:
They don't make zantac/ranitidine in Canada. And any chemical made in India gets tested by USP standards. It doesn't matter how dirty the rivers are.

Feel free to buy whatever you like from India and put it in your body, I showed what it's like there.

"Testing" means very little, they cant test every single bottle or pill!

Like people learned before, a slight change at random in how something is produced in a foreign country can kill people, like the dietary supplement/sleep aid L-Triptophan did, made in Japan the manufacturer decided to increase yield by messing with the genetics of the bacteria used, the result was thousands got sick in the US, and many died.

Old 12-01-2020, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculptor View Post
Feel free to buy whatever you like from India and put it in your body, I showed what it's like there.

"Testing" means very little, they cant test every single bottle or pill!

Like people learned before, a slight change at random in how something is produced in a foreign country can kill people, like the dietary supplement/sleep aid L-Triptophan did, made in Japan the manufacturer decided to increase yield by messing with the genetics of the bacteria used, the result was thousands got sick in the US, and many died.
Here's a US produced drug that killed people:
FDA recalls products made in now-vacated Davie drug plant

Quote:
DAVIE — All liquid drug products manufactured by Davie-based PharmaTech have been recalled due to the possibility they might be contaminated and cause severe patient infection, the Food and Drug Administration announced.

Meanwhile, after the FDA criticized the company's quality control process in a May inspection report, PharmaTech vacated its Davie facility in June, a town spokesman said. The company's website is gone and its phone number disconnected.

https://www.mcall.com/fl-bz-pharmate...814-story.html

No place is 100% safe.

Old 12-01-2020, 07:19 PM

3,135 posts, read 6,850,978 times
Yes I bought drugs repeatedly from India via an online Canadian pharmacy that has a call center in Panama.

Three ounce eye drops $114 Costco. Five ounce from India-$35. Identical packages except one line of Indian writing (Hindu?). Identical inserts, except where it was made-same company, Abbott pharmaceuticals.

There is a documentary called "Fire in the Blood". It is about the politics and pricing of AIDS drugs. There are interviews and clips about the pharma industry in India. After seeing this I have no worries about buying meds from India.

As an aside I live a few miles from Mexico. No worries about getting meds from there, either.

Old 12-01-2020, 09:22 PM

Quote:
No place is 100% safe.

I never claimed otherwise, but if you want to consume something made in the FILTH shown by people who dont even have flush toilets and dump bodies in their sacred river, feel free to do so!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.