U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 11-05-2020, 08:31 AM
 
20,197 posts, read 5,712,330 times
Reputation: 11770

Advertisements

Plan to stop smoking in 7 days. Doctor told me to take one 1mg tablet for 7 days, continue smoking, then on the 7th day, do 2 tablets a day and stop smoking...We shall see how it works!


Ive used Chantix in the past, but didnt give it enough time to build up in my system before stopping. I cannot remember why I stopped taking it, I think it was making me feel nauseous.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-05-2020, 08:43 AM
 
Location: Central IL
17,602 posts, read 10,860,841 times
Reputation: 41881
Good luck - stay strong!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2020, 11:04 AM
 
2,103 posts, read 1,052,819 times
Reputation: 3769
Good luck! Keep us updated!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2020, 11:15 AM
 
231 posts, read 24,716 times
Reputation: 122
Chantix was a miracle cure for me. I took one pill a day for a week, stopped smoking continued one pill a day for a month and then stopped the meds. I was worried about side effects so I was to scared to do 2 pills a day. Anyway 5 years later I'm still cig free.

You can do it, good luck!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2020, 08:31 PM
 
20,197 posts, read 5,712,330 times
Reputation: 11770
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlemom25 View Post
Chantix was a miracle cure for me. I took one pill a day for a week, stopped smoking continued one pill a day for a month and then stopped the meds. I was worried about side effects so I was to scared to do 2 pills a day. Anyway 5 years later I'm still cig free.

You can do it, good luck!
WOW, congrats, 5 yrs is amazing.


Did it ever make you feel nauseous?


My doctor said it may give me some strange dreams too.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2020, 09:54 PM
 
Location: The Bubble, Florida
778 posts, read 228,690 times
Reputation: 2459
When I took Chantix it was a low dose the first week, one pill per day. Then the second week was the higher dose pill every day, and we were supposed to take them for 3 months.

I quit after the second week, and haven't smoked since. It's been 10 years.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2020, 06:36 AM
Status: "Happy New Year" (set 10 hours ago)
 
Location: state of confusion
1,344 posts, read 2,123,649 times
Reputation: 2497
About ten yrs ago I started Chantix. Lasted a week, I was sick as a dog. Took pills back to Dr.
April 30th 2021 will be 5yrs since I quit cold turkey.
Anything the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve.


Lol a neighbor in the middle of the night slapped the crap out of her hubby. She didn't remember but hubby sure did! No more Chantix for her.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2020, 08:32 AM
 
Location: NC
2,781 posts, read 1,688,699 times
Reputation: 7133
I quit 13 years ago using Chantix. I always made sure to eat a banana before taking my pill in the morning (and ate dinner before taking the second one). I was on Chantix for two week and then got norovirus and was out of commission and unable to eat for 3 days, so I couldn't take the meds. Plus I didn't want to get off the couch other than to puke, so I had no desire to smoke. I quit taking it from that point on and have never touched another cigarette. I did have a couple of dreams where I smoked (and actually just had one the other night) and I was terribly disappointed in myself in those dreams.

I am a vivid dreamer in the first place and I will say I had some crazy dreams when I was taking Chantix.

Good luck! It is sooooo worth it. I still love the smell of a freshly lit cigarette, but I don't have any desire to smoke.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2020, 10:39 AM
 
Location: NJ
15,109 posts, read 24,145,479 times
Reputation: 14687
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Plan to stop smoking in 7 days. Doctor told me to take one 1mg tablet for 7 days, continue smoking, then on the 7th day, do 2 tablets a day and stop smoking...We shall see how it works!


Ive used Chantix in the past, but didnt give it enough time to build up in my system before stopping. I cannot remember why I stopped taking it, I think it was making me feel nauseous.
We tried it after it 1st came out. It was expensive as heck. It made me nauseous, but also made me eat a lot. It ended up killing my taste buds. I used to be able to eat all sorts of hot and spicy foods but now wuss out.

Good luck! Hopefully it works this time, if not, have you ever tried patches?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlove View Post
I quit 13 years ago using Chantix. I always made sure to eat a banana before taking my pill in the morning (and ate dinner before taking the second one). I was on Chantix for two week and then got norovirus and was out of commission and unable to eat for 3 days, so I couldn't take the meds. Plus I didn't want to get off the couch other than to puke, so I had no desire to smoke. I quit taking it from that point on and have never touched another cigarette. I did have a couple of dreams where I smoked (and actually just had one the other night) and I was terribly disappointed in myself in those dreams.

I am a vivid dreamer in the first place and I will say I had some crazy dreams when I was taking Chantix.

Good luck! It is sooooo worth it. I still love the smell of a freshly lit cigarette, but I don't have any desire to smoke.
That's probably how I'm going to quit smoking, the next time I get some sort of flu. About 2 years ago, I was able to cut it to 1/2 a pack a day, can't get it below 48 hours except some days it will be 3 or 4 hours later. I date and add the time to each pack hoping that I'll do better. Doing that also helps me control the days where I want to smoke more and not realize it.

After trying Chantix I tried patches and was down to 3 cigarettes a day but then got stressed out with my hubs cancer. These days I haven't had money for patches. My "extra money" goes towards raising my grandson. If he's good he gets Fortnite bucks.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2020, 10:51 AM
 
231 posts, read 24,716 times
Reputation: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
WOW, congrats, 5 yrs is amazing.


Did it ever make you feel nauseous?


My doctor said it may give me some strange dreams too.


I didn't have any side effects except my coworkers said I was a little more witchy lol
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top