U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2020, 07:37 PM

12,457 posts, read 8,097,519 times

Advertisements

https://www.kevinmd.com/blog/2020/12...-pandemic.html

Quote:
If people have love in their hearts and care about something bigger than themselves, maybe, just maybe, they can think twice about their neighbor, their loved ones, and not only about themselves.

Many of us have fumbled and made mistakes in the last nine months; it doesn’t mean we can’t change our course now. Every individual’s daily decisions can make a huge impact. It’s a choice.

Like I told my own family very recently, I’m not a hero. The most love you can show is to mask up, minimize unnecessary risk and spread this message to help get us back to some normalcy, so our children can, one day, walk in the rays of the beautiful sun, anywhere they want to, without fear.
Our daughter and grand daughter now have COVID. Our daughter's department has 50% plus employees out with COVID. She is a 911 dispatcher so the center had to be manned.

So, dammit, wear your masks!!!!!!
Rate this post positively

Old 12-08-2020, 10:16 PM

30,193 posts, read 32,649,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post

Our daughter and grand daughter now have COVID. Our daughter's department has 50% plus employees out with COVID. She is a 911 dispatcher so the center had to be manned.

Sorry, Mike. Wishing for a fast and full recovery for everyone.

Old 12-08-2020, 11:15 PM

6,374 posts, read 3,427,048 times
Quote:

From the link you posted: "If people have love in their hearts and care about something bigger than themselves, maybe, just maybe, they can think twice about their neighbor, their loved ones, and not only about themselves."

I'm really sorry to read that you have two very close family members that have come down with this awful disease. I hope they both feel better soon. I can imagine how you feel. I really don't understand the selfish folks who refuse to wear a mask, and I am glad that I live in an area where mask-wearing is taken seriously.

I'm also hoping we'll all get vaccinated ASAP so that many fewer people will suffer and then we can get to a place closer to how we used to live.

Until then..., yes, please everyone, WEAR YOUR MASKS.

Old 12-09-2020, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
From the link you posted: "If people have love in their hearts and care about something bigger than themselves, maybe, just maybe, they can think twice about their neighbor, their loved ones, and not only about themselves."

I'm really sorry to read that you have two very close family members that have come down with this awful disease. I hope they both feel better soon. I can imagine how you feel. I really don't understand the selfish folks who refuse to wear a mask, and I am glad that I live in an area where mask-wearing is taken seriously.

I'm also hoping we'll all get vaccinated ASAP so that many fewer people will suffer and then we can get to a place closer to how we used to live.

Until then..., yes, please everyone, WEAR YOUR MASKS.

We just found out that our two step-grand kids have this awful disease

With our medical issues and age, there is nothing we can do but talk to them and pray. Our Docs won't let is travel two states to see them

Old 12-09-2020, 01:26 AM

2,561 posts, read 1,421,964 times
Speedy recovery to them! Two family members of mine are just getting over it. Both were (are?) big anti-maskers. Neither can smell yet.

Old 12-09-2020, 05:28 PM

6,374 posts, read 3,427,048 times
Quote:
We just found out that our two step-grand kids have this awful disease

With our medical issues and age, there is nothing we can do but talk to them and pray. Our Docs won't let is travel two states to see them
And that's in addition to your daughter and granddaughter? How awful for your family. I am sure you'd love to see them (and they you), but I'm also glad that your doctor says no to travel. With all these non-mask-wearing people milling about, I hope you can get vaccinated very soon. The news regarding vaccines is so promising: 90% and 95% efficacy for at least two of the vaccines is just fantastic news! Yesterday in the UK, there were only 2 people who had serious reaction to the Pfizer vaccine, and they both have such bad allergies/sensitivities normally that they must always carry an Epi-Pen with them. Because the Pfizer doses is being given out at hospitals who have the ultra cold storage, the two adverse-effect cases were treated immediately and the two will be just fine.

Wouldn't it be good karma if the non-mask wearers be relegated to the back of the line when it comes to vaccination? They really should be penalized for exposing others to their viral particles. So many of us have been ultra careful and deserve the vaccine before they do. I watch and read vaccine-related news voraciously and am so hopeful that we'll get vaccinated sooner rather than later.

The best of luck to you and your family, Mike.

Old 12-09-2020, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
And that's in addition to your daughter and granddaughter? How awful for your family. I am sure you'd love to see them (and they you), but I'm also glad that your doctor says no to travel. With all these non-mask-wearing people milling about, I hope you can get vaccinated very soon. The news regarding vaccines is so promising: 90% and 95% efficacy for at least two of the vaccines is just fantastic news! Yesterday in the UK, there were only 2 people who had serious reaction to the Pfizer vaccine, and they both have such bad allergies/sensitivities normally that they must always carry an Epi-Pen with them. Because the Pfizer doses is being given out at hospitals who have the ultra cold storage, the two adverse-effect cases were treated immediately and the two will be just fine.

Wouldn't it be good karma if the non-mask wearers be relegated to the back of the line when it comes to vaccination? They really should be penalized for exposing others to their viral particles. So many of us have been ultra careful and deserve the vaccine before they do. I watch and read vaccine-related news voraciously and am so hopeful that we'll get vaccinated sooner rather than later.

The best of luck to you and your family, Mike.

Thank you so much. Can't rep you yet

Old 12-09-2020, 06:23 PM

1,240 posts, read 576,718 times
Quote:

Odds are that your daughter and grand-daughter will recover just fine. I have an elderly aunt who is 96 years old and in a nursing home and she had covid a few months ago. She's now doing fine. I can't say for sure, but I imagine that all the nurses and staff at the nursing home wear masks all the time while they're at work.

BTW, as I'm sure you know, this "awful disease" you refer to often requires a sophisticated scientific test to let a person know that they have it.

Old 12-09-2020, 08:02 PM

2,012 posts, read 1,884,812 times
Seems the masks haven't really slowed down the spread of the virus at all. Everyone I see out and about is wearing a mask and it's still spreading.

I had an 82 year-old diabetic and an 87 year-old with high blood pressure in my family get the deadly disease. One was non-symptomatic, he was only tested because another family member living with him tested positive at their job. The other had some minor aches. 10+ other relatives got COVID about a month back, they don't live in the U.S. Everyone is just fine.

Numerous colleagues have gotten it, some obese, some diabetic, some obese and diabetic. No one has even been admitted to the hospital at this point. They were all big mask wearers. I have one family member who hates the masks and works retail, she still hasn't gotten it.

Did the people at the 911 call center not wear masks while they were working?

Old 12-09-2020, 08:30 PM

11,396 posts, read 3,543,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
Seems the masks haven't really slowed down the spread of the virus at all. Everyone I see out and about is wearing a mask and it's still spreading.

I had an 82 year-old diabetic and an 87 year-old with high blood pressure in my family get the deadly disease. One was non-symptomatic, he was only tested because another family member living with him tested positive at their job. The other had some minor aches. 10+ other relatives got COVID about a month back, they don't live in the U.S. Everyone is just fine.

Numerous colleagues have gotten it, some obese, some diabetic, some obese and diabetic. No one has even been admitted to the hospital at this point. They were all big mask wearers. I have one family member who hates the masks and works retail, she still hasn't gotten it.

Did the people at the 911 call center not wear masks while they were working?

Yep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.