Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2007, 02:37 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,481,616 times

Advertisements

You make a really good point-after you get all the traces of smoke and smoking i.e. the smell and the nasty coating off of walls and everything else, all the work you did cleaning that stuff will inspire you to stick with not smoking, so you never have to do that crappy cleaning again. I'm glad you're all smelling good things, my experiences have been more along the lines of DANG-'his' socks really REALLY stink, and it's time to clean the litter box and oh-do I smell gas??? Kinda paranioid over here!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2007, 03:02 PM

1,093 posts, read 3,787,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
You make a really good point-after you get all the traces of smoke and smoking i.e. the smell and the nasty coating off of walls and everything else, all the work you did cleaning that stuff will inspire you to stick with not smoking, so you never have to do that crappy cleaning again. I'm glad you're all smelling good things, my experiences have been more along the lines of DANG-'his' socks really REALLY stink, and it's time to clean the litter box and oh-do I smell gas??? Kinda paranioid over here!!
HAHA awww...
But just think, after you bathe him, clean the litter box and then check the hotwater heater/furnace... your house will smell so much better!

Old 01-12-2007, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poprocksncoke View Post
HAHA awww...
But just think, after you bathe him, clean the litter box and then check the hotwater heater/furnace... your house will smell so much better!
But that IS after!!

Old 01-12-2007, 08:17 PM

1,394 posts, read 4,162,354 times
Just checking back in with everyone, the febreeze plug-ins work great, my house smells like berries in some of the rooms and in the others it is a morning walk/cleansing rain smell.
My daughter is so happy, and loves the berry smell, she has that in her bedroom and in our livingroom. The familyroom, our bedroom, computer room and kitchen have the other smell. I LOVE IT!!!!!
I don't know about poprocksncoke, but around five or six at night, I feel like I smoked a bowl of wacky weed and have the munchies, I have to have FOOD NOW!!!!! AND I MEAN NOW!!!! OR ELSE I GET ******!E, so just wondering. I do not crave a cigarette, just food.
My friend said to drink more of my Dr. Pepper and maybe it would help, she said it wasn't good to take all my sugar away when quitting smoking, so what do you all think.
By the way I tried to post my pics on that thread, I can't do it is if anyone can do it for me I will e-mail you the pics. Thanks!!!!!

Old 01-12-2007, 10:00 PM

Were you like that with the 5-6 o'clock munchies before you quit? I was, and of course still am, but it has also occured to me that for some people that is actually dinner time!! So, if you look at it that way, maybe it makes a bit more sense. I just have to have something salty and crunchy. I can't imagine what sugar and giving up smoking woud have to do with each other, but dang, a 12 pack of pop per day is a whole lot of calories [there's 150 cal. in one can!!], and if you cut that out, you know, actually, you could indulge a little more in other forms of calories, like Twinkies, ding-dongs, ice cream,...gotta go!!!

Old 01-12-2007, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
Were you like that with the 5-6 o'clock munchies before you quit? I was, and of course still am, but it has also occured to me that for some people that is actually dinner time!! So, if you look at it that way, maybe it makes a bit more sense. I just have to have something salty and crunchy. I can't imagine what sugar and giving up smoking woud have to do with each other, but dang, a 12 pack of pop per day is a whole lot of calories [there's 150 cal. in one can!!], and if you cut that out, you know, actually, you could indulge a little more in other forms of calories, like Twinkies, ding-dongs, ice cream,...gotta go!!!
I didn't have any cravings before I quit smoking, I think because the smoking curbed my pigging out. Now it is like I could kill for food!!!! It was so bad that my husband has to tell this story to anyone who will listen.
Here goes, we went to Wal-Mart shopping, we bought healthy stuff, and then on the way home, this van pulled out in front of me, I was so *****ed that I wanted to run them over, my husband asked me what me problem was, I said I was hungry, and I don't like anyone pulling out in front of me!!!
He says what road rage, I told him not to ride with me no more if he don't like my driving, I wanted FOOD!!!!!! He still doesn't understand, he fed his face earlier that day, where I was running him and my daughter around, so I didn't have time to eat like they did.
Stop making me hungry, I can never find what I want to satisfy what I am hungry for, it is so weird, to be hungry but you don't know what it is that you want, I feel like I am prego, you know them cravings that you get, except I no for a fact I am not, and I don't know the cravings like when I was prego, I knew what I wanted, here I have no clue!!!!!
Well that is my day all about today, so if anyone knows why I crave food so badly let me know, because I don't want to get fat!!!!!

Old 01-12-2007, 11:04 PM

Oh, I was going to kind of apologize about saying how many calories were in a can of pop/soda! I was just kind of shocked, to put it mildly-I drink diet pop, always have, diet coke is my pick or fix!? That is a good question for some of the people who have responded who quit a while back. Why do we get those road rage munchies, do they go away, or is weight gain inevitable??? HELP!!! Oh, and you can be sure that if you DID figure out what it was you 'had a taste for', it would NOT be something you had in the house!

Old 01-15-2007, 11:33 PM

I am still smoke free, I had to get back on my Dr.Pepper kick, I guess it is to hard to give up both for now. My husband gets on my nerves to much.lol
Let me know how the rest of you are doing? Keep in touch, AND GOOD LUCK TO ANYONE WHO WANTS TO JOIN US!!!!!!

Old 01-16-2007, 07:01 AM

1,093 posts, read 3,787,586 times
I am still smoke free as well! YAY!!!
I have been getting more cravings though.. I think its because the husband and I got into a fight and I was stressed.. then I started getting stressed out about school. Ugh. BUT I didn't cave in. I just think that adding the cravings in when you are fighting and stressed out.. only make you in a worse mood..haha

Old 01-17-2007, 08:45 PM

Hi everyone, I am back, had the two day flu bug, no fun at all, and YES I am still smoke free. I thought I was going to lose it today when I also got into a fight with the husband, I told him he had a choice between our daughter and I or his sons from his other marriage, because it is not working after 23 years, so we will see here who he picks. So far he says us, but that can always change, and if it does, well then I know what I will be doing.
I am so glad that I am feeling better, I was up all night throwing up, and then the following night it came out the other way. I don't understand it, I had the flu shot, but I guess maybe not the right shot huh????
I just hope my daughter don't catch it since she is always all over me. I still get the munchies, but I was told from my nurse to have plenty of fruit and veggies on hand for the cravings, that way we won't put on all the extra weight, she also said to buy like either the gum or drops you can buy with nicotine in it, and that would also help you get past the munchies and cravings. Just another thought.
Glad to hear you are still smoke free poprocksncoke, I am so proud of you!!!!! Keep up the good work, and I am still here among the living and smoke free myself, YEAH!!!!!!! Thanks for all the support!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness