U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 01-06-2007, 10:37 AM
 
Location: Colorado
1,395 posts, read 3,123,669 times
Reputation: 893
How is everyone else holding up? Fuzzymystic, and Poprocksncoke, and anyone else wanting to kick the bad habit?
I am on day four, still holding on, I had a bad day yesterday, but I made it through with no cigarettes. Poprocks, did you go to the bar last night? I know you said, you were worried a little bit about staying away from smoking, while in a bar, just wondering how you made out? Let us know if you are still smoke free.
If anyone else is ready to quit, now is the time, we have each other to make it through this nasty habit we have had for a long time. Besides I feel better helping someone else out, makes me fell good, and also takes my mind off of smoking myself. Try it, it is catchy, do what the cool people are doing, quit smoking!!!! If you need help we are here for ya!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-06-2007, 12:03 PM
 
12,552 posts, read 7,860,535 times
Reputation: 18730
Oh, it's on the way to being at the point where I feel like a former smoker-but I don't understand the spaced out feeling. like I am getting acute Alzheimer's or something. Gotta keep an eye on that crap! Good idea about using a credit card versus going in to the store to pay for gas-but you could always use that $$ and buy a scratch off lottery ticket or something!! Oh listen to me, give up smoking, take up gambling-DUH!! Never mind!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2007, 12:53 PM
 
Location: Colorado
1,395 posts, read 3,123,669 times
Reputation: 893
It does get better as time goes, I am on my fourth day, and not as spacey, I still think about a cigarette, but keep telling myself I don't smoke any more, and it works.
I am glad you are hanging in there!!!! The more that join, the easier it is. That way we have plenty of support, and hear some funny stories, plus knowing that we are not crazy, and we are all going through the same thing.
I have my cinnamon disk, candy canes from Christmas, straws when times are at there worst. I also have been drinking a lot of lemon water.
In the morning I have a grapefruit, two boiled eggs, plain toast, and a green tea fat burner pill, that way I can try to keep my weight the same for now.
You need to have a lot of fruit around for the big cravings, it has helped me.
Just get plenty of rest, take a walk, do some deep breathing, and if the spaceyness drives you tooooo nuts, take a nap, I had to the first day, that is, if you can fit it in. I haven't had my one can of Dr. Pepper today yet, I think I have eight left in the fridge. That was easier then I thought.
I caught another one out there that needs to jump on our space trip!!!! GIZMO, YOU HAVE BEEN CAUGHT!!! LETS GO, ALL THE COOL PEOPLE ARE DOING IT, SO JUMP ON, WE WILL HELP YOU GET THROUGH IT!!!!!
WE ALL NEED TO HANG IN THERE AND HOLD ON TIGHT TO THE THOUGHT THAT WE WILL ALL BE IN WITH ALL THE NON-SMOKERS, AND GUESS WHAT? WE WON'T BE ASHAMED NO MORE BECAUSE WE ARE NON-SMOKERS.
IF I CAN HELP JUST ONE OF YOU QUIT, AND THEN YOU IN TURN HELP SOMEONE ELSE, JUST THINK, WE COULD HELP SO MANY OTHERS OUT THERE QUIT THE HABIT, AND SAVE LIVES AT THE SAME TIME.
WE NEED TO KEEP THIS THREAD GOING FOR AS LONG AS IT TAKES TO HELP OTHERS QUIT, BECAUSE I THINK IT IS THE BEST TOOL OUT THERE, AND FOR ME, IT MAKES ME FEEL GOOD TO KNOW I HAVE BACK UP IN CASE I NEED SUPPORT. WHAT DO YOU ALL SAY??? LETS DO IT!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2007, 09:12 PM
 
Location: Colorado
1,395 posts, read 3,123,669 times
Reputation: 893
In two more hours I will be starting my fifth day of being smoke free. I am glad that I jumped on when I did, it helps to have the extra support.
I feel if I can help one person quit and they in turn help one person quit, pretty soon, it wouldn't take long before we would put the cigarette company out of business. Yeah!!!!
How is everyone else holding in their? Still smoke free? Keep us all posted, and if you need help or encouragement let me know!!!! Thanks everyone!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2007, 10:03 PM
 
12,552 posts, read 7,860,535 times
Reputation: 18730
Well, i just got some w*nst0n coupons in the mail and said HA--i don't want your piddly axx $2.00 off coupons, and I threw them away, like it was NOTHIN'...not sure what I'm going to do with all the empty packs i saved to redeem the upc's for 'stuff'.. really makes me cringe to see all those empties-like a drunk waking up after a binge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2007, 10:17 PM
 
Location: Colorado
1,395 posts, read 3,123,669 times
Reputation: 893
You must be a riot to live with or be around.
Be proud, you are still smoke free, you could always pass on your coupons to some sorry sucker who still smokes. I am glad you threw them away, to tempting.
I know what you mean about all the empty packs, just think of how much money you threw away on all those packs, and now that you are no longer buying them, you should be able to afford to buy what ever it was you were saving up for. It might not have the Cigarette brand stamped on it, but we don't want that on there any ways.
It is called an addiction, same thing as being a drunk, but some people have both addiction problems, with booze and cigarettes. I am glad that I only have the one, it is bad enough. I am proud of you, hang in there, and keep us posted on how you are doing. How many days or hours have you gone through now? In 45 minutes I will be on day 5 yeeee hawwwwww!!!!! Let me know if you need any support, sounds like you are doing just fine!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
Well, i just got some w*nst0n coupons in the mail and said HA--i don't want your piddly axx $2.00 off coupons, and I threw them away, like it was NOTHIN'...not sure what I'm going to do with all the empty packs i saved to redeem the upc's for 'stuff'.. really makes me cringe to see all those empties-like a drunk waking up after a binge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2007, 10:29 PM
 
12,552 posts, read 7,860,535 times
Reputation: 18730
Uh, yeah-I'm a riot to live with...but ANYway, on Dec. 12 I had 2 cigarettes in a pack, I smoked them-sort of spaced them out, couple puffs now and then, then that was it. Didn't open another pack, thought-five more minutes...a whole lot of times, went to bed, woke up and well anyway, however long that is, minutes, seconds, a lot. But it hasn't even been a month, and it feels like years. I have a feeling that I was a smoker longer than some of these folks have been ALIVE!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2007, 10:45 PM
 
Location: Colorado
1,395 posts, read 3,123,669 times
Reputation: 893
Well just hang in there, I started when I was about 17 and a half, and I now am going to be 48 next month, so I know how you feel.
I just want one drag, but I have a weak mind, and I know that if I take the one drag it could lead to more, and I would want to start myself back down to day one, don't want to go there. So I guess I will smoke my straw, lol.
I wonder how everyone else is doing over the weekend? My husband is pretty funny, he sees things that are not there, talk about spacey. He thinks smoking a cigar doesn't count, well I say he is wrong!!!!! Thanks for the laughs tonight fuzzymystic, talk to you soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
Uh, yeah-I'm a riot to live with...but ANYway, on Dec. 12 I had 2 cigarettes in a pack, I smoked them-sort of spaced them out, couple puffs now and then, then that was it. Didn't open another pack, thought-five more minutes...a whole lot of times, went to bed, woke up and well anyway, however long that is, minutes, seconds, a lot. But it hasn't even been a month, and it feels like years. I have a feeling that I was a smoker longer than some of these folks have been ALIVE!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2007, 04:09 PM
 
Location: Colorado
1,395 posts, read 3,123,669 times
Reputation: 893
I am seven hours away from starting my 6th day of being smoke free. Just wondering if I am the only one that is trying to clean up their lungs and health.
I haven't heard from anyone to know if you have all given up or not. I myself am going forward with or with out anyone.
I do know it is the weekend, and some of you are busy, so if I am jumping the gun, please forgive me. It just seemed more fun and easier when everyone was trying to make a change for the better, and now I feel all alone.
Maybe tomorrow will be better, and people will be checking in, and letting us know how they are doing. I plan on staying smoke free for the rest of my life since I made it this far again, it takes a lot of will power to get this far, and I don't want to loose it now. Good luck everyone, I hope you are all doing great, and hanging in there!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2007, 06:30 PM
 
Location: Hot-Houston Texas
20,009 posts, read 20,400,282 times
Reputation: 28038
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkie_Mom View Post
I am seven hours away from starting my 6th day of being smoke free. Just wondering if I am the only one that is trying to clean up their lungs and health.
I haven't heard from anyone to know if you have all given up or not. I myself am going forward with or with out anyone.
I do know it is the weekend, and some of you are busy, so if I am jumping the gun, please forgive me. It just seemed more fun and easier when everyone was trying to make a change for the better, and now I feel all alone.
Maybe tomorrow will be better, and people will be checking in, and letting us know how they are doing. I plan on staying smoke free for the rest of my life since I made it this far again, it takes a lot of will power to get this far, and I don't want to loose it now. Good luck everyone, I hope you are all doing great, and hanging in there!!!!
I am so proud of you!!! I love reading your postings that you made another day. You CAN and WILL do this!!! I believe in you!!! Keep your progress posted. (did you see I gave you a rep point?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:28 AM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top