Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2021, 12:57 PM

4,374 posts, read 11,228,154 times

Advertisements

I'll preface this by saying that I know that the internet is no place to get medical advice and I plan on calling my doctor on Monday morning (or going to Urgent Care beforehand if it gets worse - but don't want to risk getting Covid by going there if I don't have to).

I was vaccinated (Moderna) 1.5 weeks ago on the 10th. The shot was particularly painful and that night I couldn't sleep as it was bothering me. Now 10 days later, starting yesterday morning, the injection site has become a little red and warm and is also painful. I feel like there's a lump there too. I have read that if injected wrong they can puncture your shoulder sac (I forget the term) and the guy did the injection so high up that I think it's a possibility. I think it was a firefighter, not accustomed to giving shots.

Does anyone know anything about this. Right now the pain, heat and redness is fairly mild but concerning if it suddenly becomes worse.

Thanks in advance.

Old 03-20-2021, 01:40 PM

23,292 posts, read 18,824,628 times
You need to call/see your doctor. Your risk of contracting Covid-19 is low. MDs have had a year to get their prevention protocols down. Follow them.

Old 03-20-2021, 02:12 PM

439 posts, read 425,527 times
Definitely call your doctor. There have been many odd reactions but you don't want to not notify them. Let us know how you are feeling.

Old 03-20-2021, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
You need to call/see your doctor. Your risk of contracting Covid-19 is low. MDs have had a year to get their prevention protocols down. Follow them.
Yesterday I called the clinic that gave me the shot and they said they could do a phone consult for me on Monday.

My doctor is only doing phone appointments - AZ was hit hard and had slim to no covid restrictions. I have at least 3 neighbors who died of covid (that I know of).

It's not bad, just weird and he injected me at the VERY top of my arm.

Old 03-20-2021, 05:22 PM

494 posts, read 816,313 times
I got Covid arm 5 days after my Moderna vaccine. The injection site was red and the inflamed area increased. It was hot to the touch and hard at first. I'm wondering if you got the delayed reaction too.

Old 03-20-2021, 05:35 PM

4,004 posts, read 2,082,195 times
Be calm. Try not to think about it.

Did they give you any instructions to help give you some relief in the meantime?

You could try putting the arm in a sling. I know this may sound like over kill, but taking weight off and reducing mobility (alleviating stressors) might help it feel better over time.

Aspirin is good to reduce inflammation and excellent for bone pain. If you cant do aspirin - do Tylenol.

Ice on the sore area can also relieve the heat, reduce swelling and inflammation, and help relieve pain.

I hope the reaction subsides before Monday.

Old 03-20-2021, 07:23 PM

10,557 posts, read 7,755,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adventuregurl View Post
It's not bad, just weird and he injected me at the VERY top of my arm.
My wife also got the delayed Covid arm effect about 9 days after injection with Moderna. She said the shot was painful too, which surprised me because mine was essentially unnoticeable.

It resolved fairly quickly. She's since had the second shot with no injection pain and no Covid arm.

Old 03-20-2021, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbeckster View Post
I got Covid arm 5 days after my Moderna vaccine. The injection site was red and the inflamed area increased. It was hot to the touch and hard at first. I'm wondering if you got the delayed reaction too.
That's good to know that I'm not the only one. It's 10 days later and it did really hurt for about 3 days when I got it. The heat was concerning but it has cooled off a bit tonight. I also think it went right into my shoulder joint...the guy doing it was definitely not accustomed to giving shots!

Old 03-20-2021, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post
My wife also got the delayed Covid arm effect about 9 days after injection with Moderna. She said the shot was painful too, which surprised me because mine was essentially unnoticeable.

It resolved fairly quickly. She's since had the second shot with no injection pain and no Covid arm.
Good to know, this is the kind of thing I wanted to hear.

Neither my doc nor the clinic seemed to know much about this.

Old 03-20-2021, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
Be calm. Try not to think about it.

Did they give you any instructions to help give you some relief in the meantime?

You could try putting the arm in a sling. I know this may sound like over kill, but taking weight off and reducing mobility (alleviating stressors) might help it feel better over time.

Aspirin is good to reduce inflammation and excellent for bone pain. If you cant do aspirin - do Tylenol.

Ice on the sore area can also relieve the heat, reduce swelling and inflammation, and help relieve pain.

I hope the reaction subsides before Monday.
Not really, but after being weird yesterday, and most of today, it's a little less hot and red tonight. It just seemed so weird to me to start this again 9 days out (it hurt really badly the first night and next couple of days and then was fine until yesterday - day 9)!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness