U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Yesterday, 12:57 PM
 
Location: Verde Valley
4,267 posts, read 9,942,738 times
Reputation: 3828

Advertisements

I'll preface this by saying that I know that the internet is no place to get medical advice and I plan on calling my doctor on Monday morning (or going to Urgent Care beforehand if it gets worse - but don't want to risk getting Covid by going there if I don't have to).

I was vaccinated (Moderna) 1.5 weeks ago on the 10th. The shot was particularly painful and that night I couldn't sleep as it was bothering me. Now 10 days later, starting yesterday morning, the injection site has become a little red and warm and is also painful. I feel like there's a lump there too. I have read that if injected wrong they can puncture your shoulder sac (I forget the term) and the guy did the injection so high up that I think it's a possibility. I think it was a firefighter, not accustomed to giving shots.

Does anyone know anything about this. Right now the pain, heat and redness is fairly mild but concerning if it suddenly becomes worse.

Thanks in advance.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Yesterday, 01:40 PM
 
Location: on the wind
13,335 posts, read 6,792,836 times
Reputation: 43868
You need to call/see your doctor. Your risk of contracting Covid-19 is low. MDs have had a year to get their prevention protocols down. Follow them.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 02:12 PM
 
415 posts, read 274,175 times
Reputation: 542
Definitely call your doctor. There have been many odd reactions but you don't want to not notify them. Let us know how you are feeling.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 04:41 PM
 
Location: Verde Valley
4,267 posts, read 9,942,738 times
Reputation: 3828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
You need to call/see your doctor. Your risk of contracting Covid-19 is low. MDs have had a year to get their prevention protocols down. Follow them.
Yesterday I called the clinic that gave me the shot and they said they could do a phone consult for me on Monday.

My doctor is only doing phone appointments - AZ was hit hard and had slim to no covid restrictions. I have at least 3 neighbors who died of covid (that I know of).

It's not bad, just weird and he injected me at the VERY top of my arm.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 05:22 PM
 
459 posts, read 702,645 times
Reputation: 339
I got Covid arm 5 days after my Moderna vaccine. The injection site was red and the inflamed area increased. It was hot to the touch and hard at first. I'm wondering if you got the delayed reaction too.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 05:35 PM
 
Location: The Ozone Layer, apparently...
2,924 posts, read 1,103,442 times
Reputation: 6163
Be calm. Try not to think about it.

Did they give you any instructions to help give you some relief in the meantime?

You could try putting the arm in a sling. I know this may sound like over kill, but taking weight off and reducing mobility (alleviating stressors) might help it feel better over time.

Aspirin is good to reduce inflammation and excellent for bone pain. If you cant do aspirin - do Tylenol.

Ice on the sore area can also relieve the heat, reduce swelling and inflammation, and help relieve pain.

I hope the reaction subsides before Monday.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 07:23 PM
 
Location: Alexander Archipelago
6,894 posts, read 3,517,654 times
Reputation: 8995
Quote:
Originally Posted by adventuregurl View Post
..
It's not bad, just weird and he injected me at the VERY top of my arm.
My wife also got the delayed Covid arm effect about 9 days after injection with Moderna. She said the shot was painful too, which surprised me because mine was essentially unnoticeable.

It resolved fairly quickly. She's since had the second shot with no injection pain and no Covid arm.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 11:15 PM
 
Location: Verde Valley
4,267 posts, read 9,942,738 times
Reputation: 3828
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbeckster View Post
I got Covid arm 5 days after my Moderna vaccine. The injection site was red and the inflamed area increased. It was hot to the touch and hard at first. I'm wondering if you got the delayed reaction too.
That's good to know that I'm not the only one. It's 10 days later and it did really hurt for about 3 days when I got it. The heat was concerning but it has cooled off a bit tonight. I also think it went right into my shoulder joint...the guy doing it was definitely not accustomed to giving shots!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 11:16 PM
 
Location: Verde Valley
4,267 posts, read 9,942,738 times
Reputation: 3828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post
My wife also got the delayed Covid arm effect about 9 days after injection with Moderna. She said the shot was painful too, which surprised me because mine was essentially unnoticeable.

It resolved fairly quickly. She's since had the second shot with no injection pain and no Covid arm.
Good to know, this is the kind of thing I wanted to hear.

Neither my doc nor the clinic seemed to know much about this.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 11:20 PM
 
Location: Verde Valley
4,267 posts, read 9,942,738 times
Reputation: 3828
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
Be calm. Try not to think about it.

Did they give you any instructions to help give you some relief in the meantime?

You could try putting the arm in a sling. I know this may sound like over kill, but taking weight off and reducing mobility (alleviating stressors) might help it feel better over time.

Aspirin is good to reduce inflammation and excellent for bone pain. If you cant do aspirin - do Tylenol.

Ice on the sore area can also relieve the heat, reduce swelling and inflammation, and help relieve pain.

I hope the reaction subsides before Monday.
Not really, but after being weird yesterday, and most of today, it's a little less hot and red tonight. It just seemed so weird to me to start this again 9 days out (it hurt really badly the first night and next couple of days and then was fine until yesterday - day 9)!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top