U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2021, 08:54 AM

12,343 posts, read 28,834,644 times

Advertisements

I got the Moderna vaccine about 3 weeks ago. About a week after, I noticed my lymph node in my collarbone was enlarged. The past few days, I noticed the lymph nodes on my neck are now tender. This is all on the same side as I got the injection. Has anyone else observed this side effect? I know they say it's normal for lymph nodes near the injection can become enlarged but it's migrating up my neck.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2021, 09:27 AM

16,217 posts, read 24,888,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
I got the Moderna vaccine about 3 weeks ago. About a week after, I noticed my lymph node in my collarbone was enlarged. The past few days, I noticed the lymph nodes on my neck are now tender. This is all on the same side as I got the injection. Has anyone else observed this side effect? I know they say it's normal for lymph nodes near the injection can become enlarged but it's migrating up my neck.
I suggest you call your GP to at least get looked at and to have it documented. I'm going to give you the same advice I just gave someone else who had their vaccine too high in their shoulder. Make sure you take pics of it if you can. You should eventually be fine but just in case, see my reply below, you should do the same with writing dates in an email draft to cover your butt, just in case you have long term side effects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Have you taken a pic of it? If not, you should at least to document it in case you do have a permanent vaccine injury. You can't sue any time soon because they're immune from lawsuits, but in coming years you probably can. You see all sorts of lawsuit commercials on TV. Make sure your GP documents it too. Maybe even write yourself an email draft with the picture and everything you said here, provide dates when you posted and when it stopped bothering you so much. Title it Moderna vaccine reaction so that when you search later in drafts, you'll easily find it.

Old 03-21-2021, 09:34 AM

3,534 posts, read 3,947,742 times
I know someone who had that reaction with the Moderna, but she recently had successful chemo for breast cancer. Not sure if that is a coincidence or not, but her reaction subsided in 5 days.

Old 03-21-2021, 09:48 AM

8,255 posts, read 3,860,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I suggest you call your GP to at least get looked at and to have it documented. I'm going to give you the same advice I just gave someone else who had their vaccine too high in their shoulder. Make sure you take pics of it if you can. You should eventually be fine but just in case, see my reply below, you should do the same with writing dates in an email draft to cover your butt, just in case you have long term side effects.
Do exactly what Roselvr advised. I'm sorry this is happening but you are not alone. I am concerned about this advisory, which is going to delay early detection of breast cancer to prioritize vaccination.
https://www.sbi-online.org/Portals/0...accination.pdf

Old 03-21-2021, 10:17 AM

16,217 posts, read 24,888,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Do exactly what Roselvr advised. I'm sorry this is happening but you are not alone. I am concerned about this advisory, which is going to delay early detection of breast cancer to prioritize vaccination.

To the OP, make sure you read what she posted. It's basically saying it's a known reaction from what I'm getting of it. Make sure you read the whole thing.

Quote:
Lymphadenopathy occurred in the arm and neck within 2-4 days of vaccination and lasted for a mean of 10 days. As lymphadenopathy was only reported as an unsolicited adverse event, the true incidence rate is likely higher. Reported rates and duration of adenopathy in both trials were based on clinical assessment (i.e., physical examination), and therefore rates and duration of subclinical adenopathy appreciable on mammography are likely greater. Anecdotally, mammographically detectable axillary adenopathy following COVID-19 vaccinations has been unilateral.

Old 03-21-2021, 12:30 PM

12,343 posts, read 28,834,644 times
Thanks, there isn't any pictures I could take since my lymph nodes are under my skin. You can't see it from the outside but you can feel them. I read the article and I was aware of this.

Old 03-21-2021, 12:41 PM

31,657 posts, read 33,521,639 times
Quote:
The enlargement lasts only a few days. Delaying mammography for a short interval is not going to cause a clinically significant delay in detection of breast cancer.

From your link:

"If possible, and when it does not unduly delay care, consider scheduling screening exams prior to the first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination or 4-6 weeks following the second dose of a COVID-19 vaccination."

The patient for whom "it does not unduly delay care" would be one who already has findings suspicious for cancer.

Old 03-21-2021, 03:06 PM

13,566 posts, read 6,975,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
The enlargement lasts only a few days. Delaying mammography for a short interval is not going to cause a clinically significant delay in detection of breast cancer.

From your link:

"If possible, and when it does not unduly delay care, consider scheduling screening exams prior to the first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination or 4-6 weeks following the second dose of a COVID-19 vaccination."

The patient for whom "it does not unduly delay care" would be one who already has findings suspicious for cancer.
This. Why don't people actually read links carefully before posting them? Inciting fears unnecessarily. The last thing anyone really needs.

Last edited by Parnassia; 03-21-2021 at 03:15 PM..

Old 03-21-2021, 09:32 PM

8,255 posts, read 3,860,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post

From your link:

According to the OP; her enlargement started a week after her vaccine which was 3 weeks ago & is now going into her neck. That's not "a few days".

If an enlargement occurs after the first dose & doses are 3-4 weeks apart & imaging is delayed for another 6 weeks on top of that; that's a total of 2 & a half months of a delay.

Old 03-21-2021, 09:57 PM

31,657 posts, read 33,521,639 times
Quote:
According to the OP; her enlargement started a week after her vaccine which was 3 weeks ago & is now going into her neck. That's not "a few days".

If an enlargement occurs after the first dose & doses are 3-4 weeks apart & imaging is delayed for another 6 weeks on top of that; that's a total of 2 & a half months of a delay.
Still not dangerous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness