U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2021, 07:43 PM

8,333 posts, read 3,653,711 times

Advertisements

Just curious - I wonder if there are any national polls on this.

I think there are categories (i.e., community spread, etc. - forgot what the etc. is or what "community spread is even comprised of).

Where do you think you got it and do you know what the categories are?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2021, 07:55 PM

10,483 posts, read 6,461,688 times
I haven't had it. However, two of my sisters (one in Washington, one in Oklahoma) had it in December along with several of their family members. Both of them are sure they got it at church because the same week they came down with symptoms, a bunch of other people who had been at the services came down with it too.

Old 04-02-2021, 10:49 PM

2,298 posts, read 799,957 times
We spent a lot of time tracking out the origins of our COVID infections.

My wife worked at the hardest-hit hospital in the US through April 2020. She was directly and physically exposed to a COVID positive employee (hugged her after her mother passed) yet tested negative for COVID and experienced no symptoms.

Then we moved to Florida in April 2020 and lived life mostly normally. We were exposed many times over. Yet despite that I am the hermit, I was the first positive test in late December.

I was one of the luck 98.2% and my symptoms were mild. My wife tested negative twice but did lose her sense of smell and taste. The other four child adults in the house never experienced symptoms nor had a positive test.

It's essentially a seven degrees to Kevin Bacon scenario for us so I don't think we will ever know for certain.

Old 04-02-2021, 10:56 PM

4,169 posts, read 1,085,864 times
I almost certainly got it in Boston. I had it early. Students in Boston went back to China in late 2019 for Christmas break where they picked up the virus. Then in January 2020 they brought it to Boston when they came back to school. The first confirmed case in Boston was a student from Wuhan on February 1, 2020.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/01/us/co...tts/index.html

Quote:
Boston, which reported its second case of COVID-19 on March 2, may actually have had some 2,300 infections by the start of that month, according to Northeastern University researchers.
https://www.masslive.com/coronavirus...e-march-1.html

Last edited by mascoma; 04-02-2021 at 11:06 PM..

Old Yesterday, 05:55 AM

3,117 posts, read 1,621,043 times
You got it from inhaling it. The end.

Community spread means you caught it from someone in your domestic community, as opposed to foreign travel.

Old Yesterday, 08:05 AM

19,011 posts, read 19,316,571 times
I strongly suspect, from a filthy SURFACE in a stinky, dumpy motel I stayed at.

I usually spray the surfaces of these dumps with some sort of disinfectant..........not that
time, DOH!!!!!!!!

Old Yesterday, 08:10 AM

11,197 posts, read 9,076,533 times
Some people may have contracted Covid in the first six months without knowing it since they already had antibodies. 20% of blood donations before the outbreak had the Covid antibody present.

Red Cross

Then they may have gotten Covid after their body no longer produced the antibodies.

Old Yesterday, 11:56 AM

6,458 posts, read 2,888,661 times
We were in Spain when it started.

So the train in Spain, if I did get it. Not sure but I have lingering side effects. An antibody test 5 months later showed nothing, but that may have been too long to show any.

Either that, or my one-week course of hydrochloroquine (I cannot spell that drug) gave me heart and breathing problems....

Old Yesterday, 12:33 PM

13,493 posts, read 6,923,649 times
The only person I know who had a confirmed case suspects but obviously can't prove that one of her kids brought it home to her family of 5 about 6 months ago. The local schools were closed by that time. He was the first to be symptomatic...confirmed by testing. They all quarantined as soon as his symptoms became noticeable. Within the following week or so the rest of the family became symptomatic, and tested positive. No one was seriously ill and as far as they could determine no one else they happened to be in contact with ended up with a confirmed case asymptomatic or not.

Old Yesterday, 02:03 PM

6,143 posts, read 8,349,296 times
The people I know who got it think they got it at: - assisted living facility exposure, workplace exposure, from spouse, at a grocery store, from essential worker young-adult children, working in medical profession and first responder fields, and several just no real inclination. Several think they may have had it before we knew what the pandemic was but never diagnosed and weren't paying attention to things to think about where it might have come from, usually.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness