U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you get the Norovirus vaccine?
Yes, of course 13 56.52%
No, I wouldn't trust it 4 17.39%
Nah, I rarely get gastro anyway 6 26.09%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 02:24 AM

11,262 posts, read 9,685,954 times

Advertisements

It looks like, developing a vaccine against the norovirus is in the works, but it's still in its early phase. Would you take the shot when it's deployed? I'd definitely do so, even though I've only got gastro like 2-3 times in my 30 years of life. I have a huge phobia of puking. But that's just me.

"Unfortunately, the development of an effective NoV vaccine has proven extremely difficult, and only in recent years, some preparations have been tested in humans in advanced clinical trials."

"Potential norovirus vaccines are in development, but currently, none are licensed for public use. Vaccine development costs can easily run $200 million to $500 million with no guarantees of success."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7358258/
https://www.healio.com/news/infectio...inst-rotavirus
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 07:36 AM

178 posts, read 75,136 times
I would take the vaccine in a heartbeat. I had that virus a few years ago and it was horrible. I had nausea, vomiting and diarrhea for days. I wouldn’t want to go through that again.

Old Yesterday, 08:02 AM

19,006 posts, read 19,316,571 times
NOPE, I can treat the occasional sickness without getting vaccinated.

Old Yesterday, 08:36 AM

6,076 posts, read 7,526,707 times
I would take it no problem. It has traveled through our household twice and it was horrible.

Old Yesterday, 08:39 AM

11,805 posts, read 8,581,727 times
I might consider it if I were planning a cruise.

Old Yesterday, 09:16 AM

1,095 posts, read 521,786 times
Having Had Noro once before....yes, I would take it, but only after I researched it's safety profile!

Old Yesterday, 09:47 AM

12,137 posts, read 9,472,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post

This. Pending on the effectiveness and duarability of it.

I mean, if the vax is a lifetime thing.. I'd probably get it. If it's a year protection or something. I'd probably only get it if I was going to a higher risk area. A cruise.. Or.. A resort type place where lots of kids are present.. Great Wolf Lodge or something like that.

I tend to have a pretty cast iron stomach. Don't get a whole lot of stomach viruses.. I joke that they can't survive in me. I'll leave pizza sitting out 24 hours and pick it up and eat it cold. Eat tons of hot sauce and hot peppers (I grow Reapers).. Stomach viruses don't know what they're in for when they hit me.

Old Yesterday, 12:44 PM

13,480 posts, read 6,923,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
While I don't tend to pick up the annual flus or intestinal bugs roaming the neighborhood, the vaccine might be something I'd get if I was planning international travel. Dealing with an inconvenient but self-limiting virus at home is one thing. Dealing with it while abroad would be another! Not being able to leave the room while on a carefully planned, expensive trip wouldn't be fun!

Last edited by Parnassia; Yesterday at 12:53 PM..

Old Yesterday, 01:06 PM

13,011 posts, read 8,452,801 times
Hell yes! In a heart beat!

I have 2 friends who contracted Norovirus. When you start vomiting and crapping blood, you know that it is BAD!

Old Yesterday, 01:51 PM

8,071 posts, read 6,433,378 times
Sure I would. Especially if I was going on a cruise or on vacations soon. Who wants to get violently sick if it can be avoided with something as simple as a shot? I get the flu shot every year. I got my shingrex, I got my covid shots already, and when I'm 65 I'll get the pnemonia vaccine. Norovirus vax? Bring it on.

We had a friend come down with the flu on our big 17 day cruise. He and his wife got sick on the 3rd day and they were miserable and confined to their cabin for 4 days. She got better, but he stayed sick for the entire cruise and our 4 days in Barcelona afterwards. He got off the ship only one time, and it tired him so badly that he just stayed aboard until the cruise was over. It was a total waste of money for him, and he would have been happier at home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness