Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2021, 11:49 AM

322 posts, read 280,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny789987 View Post
Letting my guard down a bit, but still going to avoid large crowds and wear a mask. Too many fools who will refuse to get vaccinated who will be throwing off variants.
I AM SOOO WORRIED ABOUT TUBERCULOSIS MORE! yikes. sooo worried! that one is so catchy. it is a LIVE germ being sneezed out maybe by someone who was vaxxed and not wearing a mask!! thinking it's a reaction from the injection? not going to the doctor because they are cured of any thing now and yes I have spoken to people that feel they are now invincible to any bug!!

what can be done? It takes an xray to diagnose, but is anyone checking?

Can you imagine TB now?? It is a huge killer: 1.5 million a YEAR! kids, young, old - doesn't care.

that one really, frightens me alot. TB.

oh no - variants. not by the unvaccinated.. now I will never take this mask off Provides at least some protection? what is: at least some??? !! DEFINE please? should not make vaccines complete ineffective? what does that mean? that it may be? might? probably? 50/50? define!!! change compostion of the vaccines to protect against variants? how many mRNA can one cell hold before translation goes awry like the early 2015 animals in labs that either just cleard the sars cov-1 on their own - yes, we do too. or the ones that died? THEY DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE STUFF. NOTHING. ALL GUESSES. ALL EXPERIMENTS THANKS TO THOSE ANIMALS THAT KEPT CLEARING THE VIRUS OR DIED AFTER INJECTION.

not yelling - just real close to hyperventilating. so I tend to speak louder. sorry.

"The COVID-19 vaccines that are currently in development or have been approved are expected to provide at least some protection against new virus variants because these vaccines elicit a broad immune response involving a range of antibodies and cells. Therefore, changes or mutations in the virus should not make vaccines completely ineffective. In the event that any of these vaccines prove to be less effective against one or more variants, it will be possible to change the composition of the vaccines to protect against these variants." https://www.who.int/news-room/featur...id-19-vaccines

Old 04-09-2021, 02:06 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,427,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
This is just nonsense. I feel like we'll never be back to normal. People have become completely irrational over a virus with a 99 percent survival rate. I just can't believe it. I'll get the vaccine (even though I don't think I need it), just to move this all along. I feel like I'm one of the only few who hasn't been scared of this virus at all.
You need to get it and get sick over it or know someone in your family or social circle to die before it affects you. Hopefully you get the chance to experience what other people have. Hold on tight don't obey safety protocols...almost there my friend.

Old 04-09-2021, 03:18 PM

5,480 posts, read 3,919,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeemo View Post
That guy is mainly a fearmonger - and you are using Dr. to give him more credence - he is a DVM - Dr of Veterinary Medicine - he is pushing a false fear narrative to be resolved by a solution of his that doesn't even exist - info from snopes. I would not take him seriously.
Virologist, veterinarian, verysickindividual, what's the difference. As long as you get the first letter right, that's all that counts.

Old 04-09-2021, 03:48 PM

2,415 posts, read 4,245,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
https://www.theverge.com/22370176/co...-herd-immunity

It will be a while before we are back to "normal"
Florida went back to normal in May, of last year. Come party with us!

Old 04-09-2021, 05:35 PM

5,480 posts, read 3,919,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
Gibraltar has already reached herd immunity and Israel is mostly there too. UAE may be there within weeks. US and UK are a bit further behind. I expect that at some point in the summer, the US will reach a point where case numbers are very low in large areas but there will be pockets of vaccine refusal that continue to have outbreaks for some time.
Interestingly, the UK has some massively different accounts of where they stand vis-a-vis herd immunity...one model that was recently released by some academic institution (University College London?) has them on the verge of attaining it, while a couple others have them far from the mark. I was just reading an article about this yesterday. In sum, I am not sure where they actually stand.

Old 04-09-2021, 09:24 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,670,889 times
too many off topic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness