Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2021, 04:35 AM

1 posts, read 1,510 times

Advertisements

I would like to know more about gastrointestinal disorders and what treatments are available for the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2021, 08:38 AM

9,106 posts, read 6,144,089 times
Go the the library or Barnes and Noble.

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/b/boo.../N-29Z8q8Z11kh

Old 05-29-2021, 09:43 AM

7,513 posts, read 13,605,766 times
^^^^^^^ and/or a little reading here:

https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-inf...stive-diseases

and here:

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/healt...tinal-diseases

Old 05-29-2021, 09:51 AM

48,513 posts, read 34,800,001 times
That is such a broad subject you would need to narrow it way down. I've had a lot of gastro conditions over the years, and they are one of the hardest things to diagnose, because almost ANYTHING can have a gastro component.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-30-2021, 09:52 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,675,331 times
Most people don't realize it but they are gluten sensitive without knowing because the gastrointestinal walls are inflamed or damaged by gluten and lectins which are like little needles. Which creates a what's called a "leaky gut" and that allows toxins that is supposed to get carried out of your body and leaked out of your intestine walls into your organs that creates all kinds of autoimmune diseases Majority of Americans are affected by gluten they just don't know realize it. Because they don't understand what gluten really does to their bodies in the long run.

Lectins is another major contributor to gastrointestinal issues. It is from skins of fruits and beans. So if you eat any skin of fruits even from tomato sauces you can slowly develop issues due to lectins with are toxins that causes inflammation to the gut lining.

Old 05-30-2021, 10:23 PM

1,147 posts, read 859,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiddhaliSaxena View Post
I would like to know more about gastrointestinal disorders and what treatments are available for the same.
There's a lot of well established medical disorders out there involving the gut. There's established medical tests and procedures to diagnose those conditions along with established treatments.

What I don't recommend is listening to conjectured, as in conjured up alternative not mainstream, medical conditions and treatments. There's no established medical criteria for such diagnosis and so such invented diagnosis will often involve invented treatments.

We know a lot about celiac disease and the histological changes and laboratory testing parameters that are involved and if those tests come out negative then I would move on rather than assume that all gluten is evil and bad for you. I would also try and avoid the lectin people also for the same reason. When lectins are properly cooked then no problem and if they aren't then you might end up with minor diarrhea. The eating for our blood is comical and anybody taking it seriously is not mainstream.

You are welcome to go the alternative route or the mainstream route whatever your belief system is. Just don't confuse the two and skip the pseudoscience. Real science is evidence based as in proven in humans to exist.

Old 05-31-2021, 04:41 PM

3,420 posts, read 2,386,608 times
"gastrointestinal disorder" simply means there's something wrong between your esophagus and your rectum. It can be anything from gas, to gastroenteritis, to a tapeworm, to food poisoning, to colorectal cancer, and dozens of other possibilities inbetween.

Old 06-05-2021, 07:52 PM

6,931 posts, read 6,862,904 times
It is well-known that many, if not all medical training establishments are bought and paid-for by the large pharma companies and as such spend little time on educating doctors on preventative aspects of health.

Maybe this is because there just isn't time to do this in the course of training a doctor. Maybe the idea is, this kind of information should be gained later on after qualification or maybe there is an underlying wish to push drugs rather than health.

I think anyone with a condition needs to go into the condition, research it and find out what causes the symptoms and what may help. If it is not dangerous, then try it.

For me, if I had a gut condition, I would try a short water fast to see if giving my gut a break, a rest from digestion might help it get back on its feet so-to-speak. Of course, some people cannot do that and may be medically dangerous for them, but I highly doubt if any doctor would suggest anything like that. So take that suggestion with a pinch of salt and research it for yourself. In the 1920s there were many fasting clinics which were run by doctors and actually cured many patients of some serious and often terminal diseases. Now there is more control by the medical profession and these clinics have been shut down.

Old 06-05-2021, 11:56 PM

17,526 posts, read 13,320,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiddhaliSaxena View Post

There is a whole internet out there for GENERAL information. Nothing we can do.

If you are experiencing issues call your doctor

Old 06-06-2021, 12:15 AM

1,499 posts, read 884,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
It is well-known that many, if not all medical training establishments are bought and paid-for by the large pharma companies and as such spend little time on educating doctors on preventative aspects of health.

Maybe this is because there just isn't time to do this in the course of training a doctor. Maybe the idea is, this kind of information should be gained later on after qualification or maybe there is an underlying wish to push drugs rather than health.

I think anyone with a condition needs to go into the condition, research it and find out what causes the symptoms and what may help. If it is not dangerous, then try it.

For me, if I had a gut condition, I would try a short water fast to see if giving my gut a break, a rest from digestion might help it get back on its feet so-to-speak. Of course, some people cannot do that and may be medically dangerous for them, but I highly doubt if any doctor would suggest anything like that. So take that suggestion with a pinch of salt and research it for yourself. In the 1920s there were many fasting clinics which were run by doctors and actually cured many patients of some serious and often terminal diseases. Now there is more control by the medical profession and these clinics have been shut down.
Perhaps because in 1920 medicine was in its infancy.

A water fast without a diagnosis is not an answer

But do what you want
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness