Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2021, 07:26 AM

9,523 posts, read 16,503,270 times

Advertisements

I had Covid in Dec 2020 and I was sick for several weeks. I had the two Pfizer vaccines in March of 2021 and I was sick within hours of getting them. Mild symptoms.

Now I'm sick again this week with Covid again. It started this past Wednesday I was tested and the positive result has come back. I honestly didn't even need the test. Once you have Covid you can tell you have it. There are 3 people on my little street currently sick from Covid. None of us have had contact with one another other than phone.

I live in Fla and I've been concerned about reinfection here. Far to many people not being vaccinated and it's
an attitude state about the whole subject. Whatever the reason the virus is so prevalent here. I'm very concerned about having 2 cases of Covid within 8 months.

Has anyone else had Covid more than once and been vaccinated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2021, 11:05 AM

5,424 posts, read 3,482,156 times
How do you believe you contacted Covid in both cases? Do you know?

Old 08-22-2021, 11:45 AM

Well I live alone and retired so I'm not at a job. So it has to be coming from shopping at Walmart, Planet Fitness or the Pest Control guy that was in my house last week. He did not have a mask on. I really am not in contact with other people other than there. Florida has a very high rate of infection and I'm prone to infections to begin with. I must have a weak immune system. I know the Walmart's in my area have been closing for 3 days for sanitizing. There have been employee breakouts recently in their stores.

Old 08-22-2021, 12:40 PM

4,177 posts, read 5,056,132 times
I gather you were tested each time, to confirm that it was indeed covid...?

Old 08-22-2021, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
I gather you were tested each time, to confirm that it was indeed covid...?
Yes I was tested thru UF Medical Offices. My vaccinations Pfizer was at the VA.

Old 08-23-2021, 02:08 AM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
I guess you're just one of those unlucky people destined to be doomed by covid? I can't imagine what would happen if you had a job and socialized with people.

Old 08-23-2021, 04:24 AM

Location: Whatcom County, WA/Cherokee County, NC/Pike County, KY
447 posts, read 332,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
I had Covid in Dec 2020 and I was sick for several weeks. I had the two Pfizer vaccines in March of 2021 and I was sick within hours of getting them. Mild symptoms.

Now I'm sick again this week with Covid again. It started this past Wednesday I was tested and the positive result has come back. I honestly didn't even need the test. Once you have Covid you can tell you have it. There are 3 people on my little street currently sick from Covid. None of us have had contact with one another other than phone.

I live in Fla and I've been concerned about reinfection here. Far to many people not being vaccinated and it's
an attitude state about the whole subject. Whatever the reason the virus is so prevalent here. I'm very concerned about having 2 cases of Covid within 8 months.

If you had covid in Dec 2020 maybe you didn't need a vaccine. I know the VA and everyone pushes it. If it worked you wouldn't need a 3rd one 5-8 months after your 2nd shot.

Old 08-23-2021, 10:25 AM

2,547 posts, read 4,050,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzdevil View Post
If you had covid in Dec 2020 maybe you didn't need a vaccine. I know the VA and everyone pushes it. If it worked you wouldn't need a 3rd one 5-8 months after your 2nd shot.
That's an interesting theory but the science doesn't support it. Always a good idea to check the latest data:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ed/5535920001/

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...cines/faq.html

https://www.uchicagomedicine.org/for...if-i-had-covid

Old 08-23-2021, 10:52 AM

4,958 posts, read 2,234,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post

We had three kids (21-23) with COVID over a three-week period (earlier this month). The oldest is the only one in the household that is vaccinated.

My wife, youngest stepson (20), and I had COVID in January and did not suffer reinfection despite no distancing or isolation within the house. We did restrict ourselves to the house (or yard with occasional walks around the neighborhood) as not to risk infecting anyone else.

I am unsure if the 21-23 year-olds had COVID in January. They did not have symptoms and did not test.

We live on The Emerald Coast.

Old 08-23-2021, 01:27 PM

2,140 posts, read 361,502 times
I haven’t had Covid (that I know of) live alone and don’t come in contact with people except once a month I walk to the pharmacy in the Safeway behind my house - it’s empty here now the snowbirds are gone and when there here it’s rare to come in contact with people in my 55+ community. Everyone has enclosed backyards, as well.

Everything else I need comes to my house with contactless delivery. When my pharmacist gave me the 2nd dose, she said, “expect to have mild flu-like symptoms.” I did have them the following day. It wasn’t a case of covid. May you had a reaction to your 2nd dose, too?

The vaccine is effective for preventing death and hospitalization - neither of which have any interest in. Ever.

I wish you well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness