Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you sit or "hover" on a public toilet seat?
Always sit 13 21.67%
Sit but use paper cover 12 20.00%
Sit but wipe off 2 3.33%
Depends on condition 22 36.67%
Always/usually hover 7 11.67%
Depends on what function I have to do at the time 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2021, 12:35 PM

3,009 posts, read 2,203,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Squats are good for your glutes and quads.
Hovering is bad for your pelvic floor. Get your squats outside of the bathroom!!!

https://www.healthywomen.org/content...n-using-toilet
https://wexnermedical.osu.edu/blog/d...he-toilet-seat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2021, 05:15 PM

14,210 posts, read 11,487,696 times
Female here. I voted "depends on condition," because it there is anything visible on the seat and there are no other options (i.e. there is only one toilet or all other toilets are occupied), I'll wipe it off before I sit down. Otherwise I just sit down. Obviously, I prefer the seat to be clean, but I'm not a germaphobe.

My mom was adamant about using a paper cover, or lining the seat with strips of toilet paper if there were no covers. Even as a child, I thought this was silly. What disease do people think they're going to get, that they're going to catch through unbroken skin?

Old 08-26-2021, 05:56 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,592,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Female here. I voted "depends on condition," because it there is anything visible on the seat and there are no other options (i.e. there is only one toilet or all other toilets are occupied), I'll wipe it off before I sit down. Otherwise I just sit down. Obviously, I prefer the seat to be clean, but I'm not a germaphobe.

My mom was adamant about using a paper cover, or lining the seat with strips of toilet paper if there were no covers. Even as a child, I thought this was silly. What disease do people think they're going to get, that they're going to catch through unbroken skin?
My wife has a friend who won't even sit on OUR toilet if she's visiting (and the bathroom we have guests use is typically sparkling-clean). Or anyone else's house but her own. That seems excessive!

I wouldn't blame her if it were the kids' bathroom.

Old 08-26-2021, 09:08 AM

3,268 posts, read 1,779,952 times
Same as most of the other labia, vagina, and probably also cervix, uterus and two ovaries.. plus two working legs owning people:
IT DEPENDS.
Phew.. it's such work being woke!

Old 08-27-2021, 06:58 PM

32,783 posts, read 36,033,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
If you have a disinfectant wipe with you, why are you hovering? I don’t understand.
I don't want to sit on wet disinfectant. The surface should be wet for as long as possible to kill the germs.

Old 08-27-2021, 11:54 PM

12,664 posts, read 14,803,401 times
(Female here.) I've HOVERED my entire life 100% & I very, very, very rarely have had to do the #2 out in public (I can probably count that on 1 hand). However, if I absolutely had to, I still hover, but I put a little toilet tissue in the toilet beforehand, to eliminate the splashing back up effect.

The only exception in which I sit on the public toilet is if I'm styaing at a hotel in which I would have disinfected it before use for the length of my stay, but I still always line the toilet w/ liners OR a good amount of layers of TP w/o it clogging the toilet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness