Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2021, 07:48 AM

5,713 posts, read 4,289,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
This is season 7, and they are around Great Slave Lake. Fish, squirrels and rabbits are abundant and one guy killed a musk ox. .

All for your entertainment?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2021, 09:27 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
All for your entertainment?
You might not have heard that humans eat animals, both on tv and in real life.

Old 09-07-2021, 09:42 AM

3,124 posts, read 2,069,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I agree because I feel it depends on your ancestry. My family is from Scotland and there would be no veggies, carbs for the most part and so-on. I should eat fish, meat, potatoes and some berries and rhubarb. My family lived long lives doing that, so why would I eat pasta and plant based? Now if I was from Greece or Italy, I would look at things differently. JMHO.
I agree that ancestral diets are a factor. Populations that still follow their traditional ancestral diets are healthier than populations that don't.

I don't have one. One of my parents was northern European and the other was southern European. I have had to experiment since neither works for me. I have to avoid grains and dairy but fish, lean meats, vegetables and fruits are good.

Personalized diets based on our genes are the future.

Old 09-07-2021, 10:15 AM

9,131 posts, read 6,180,105 times
Eggs are one of the easiest and cheapest sources of complete protein for many people.

Old 09-07-2021, 01:19 PM

5,517 posts, read 2,405,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maiden_fern View Post
Inflammation comes from high inflammatory foods.
Then how do you explain inflammation coming from eating a keto diet?
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31067015/

If what you say is true why is it when you exclude high inflammatory foods it does not affect markers of inflammation compared to the control diet?

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31179163/

Why is it that a high-GI and low-fat diet does not have considerable affect on inflammation compared to a low GI moderate carb diet?
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24787494/

When you just eat less calories your inflammation magically goes away. It doesn't matter what you are eating.

Old 09-07-2021, 01:20 PM

1,381 posts, read 724,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
This is season 7, and they are around Great Slave Lake. Fish, squirrels and rabbits are abundant and one guy killed a musk ox. There are also bears and moose. No one is hungry, but two guys just quit because one had trichinosis and could tell he was ill, and one lacked the strength to finish his shelter. It is late fall there, and the animals do not have much fat on them yet.

I haven’t seen any other ones, but the hardships would change depending on the location.

I've not seen season 7 yet. The others were a total disaster for food. Must be the areas, not as abundant for food or their lack of knowledge on how to track and kill the animals.

Old 09-07-2021, 01:20 PM

11,054 posts, read 6,643,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
That's called rabbit starvation. You can live on meat alone if it is not too lean. But lean meat, like rabbit, doesn't suffice. If you are ever in that wilderness survival situation, make sure to eat all the organs, including liver and, yes, brains.

https://www.thehealthboard.com/what-...starvation.htm
I was just reading about that in a novel called "The River". The forest had burned, all the survivors had was blueberries (from before the fire) and trout to eat. They started to starve due to no fat. Their olive oil had capsized.

Yeah, we don't realize that the Inuit and Masai all-meat diets "worked" due to so much of the meat being eaten RAW, plus the organs of course. Only way to get the vitamins the animals had eaten.

I ended up in the hospital getting my stomach pumped from too many veg's when I tried vegan once.
Not for me!

Old 09-07-2021, 02:06 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,799,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
I was just reading about that in a novel called "The River". The forest had burned, all the survivors had was blueberries (from before the fire) and trout to eat. They started to starve due to no fat. Their olive oil had capsized.

Yeah, we don't realize that the Inuit and Masai all-meat diets "worked" due to so much of the meat being eaten RAW, plus the organs of course. Only way to get the vitamins the animals had eaten.

I ended up in the hospital getting my stomach pumped from too many veg's when I tried vegan once.
Not for me!
One thing I’ve read about the ancient H/G and maybe the not so ancient is that the first thing they did after a kill is to open the belly and start eating the raw liver right away. It was a delicacy to them but I’m also guessing that it was at the peak of nutrition as well. While I would rather eat a bag of chips and drink a soda, that’s because I’ve been brainwashed to not find raw liver appealing. And we can all guess which is the more nutritious. Oh and they also prioritized the brains because they’re so high in fat.

Oh and on the stomach pumping....

Old 09-07-2021, 02:20 PM

3,124 posts, read 2,069,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post

Each indigenous population genetically adapted to their respective local diets. Inuits have unique nutrition-related genetic variants that allow them to process and thrive on that diet...as do other indigenous populations.

It's more complicated for Americans who can have conflicting nutrition-related genetic variants from multiple regions.

Old 09-07-2021, 02:22 PM

7,126 posts, read 12,667,756 times
I suspect that the debate over the best diet or way of eating will exist far beyond our life span...

Me, I love the saying--if it's grown--eat it. If it's made (manufactured)--don't.

Exceptions to that saying? Of course! (Just ate some WASA brand Light Rye Flatbread..it was "made" but had only two ingredients--rye flour and salt. Low in calories, high in fiber. My new go-to snack)...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness