Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2021, 09:38 AM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times

Advertisements

Got the Moderna booster a couple weeks ago. No side effects YET. Took about two weeks for the severe side effects from the second shot to hit me. Almost killed me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2021, 09:54 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Got the Moderna booster a couple weeks ago. No side effects YET. Took about two weeks for the severe side effects from the second shot to hit me. Almost killed me.
Curious why you got the booster if the second one "almost killed" you?

Old 12-05-2021, 10:21 AM

1,019 posts, read 1,043,157 times
I had Phizer for 1st 2, and then Moderna for the boater yesterday at 3:30 p.m. Initially no side effects other than slightly sore injection due, nbd. I went to bed at 10 p.m. feeling fine.

Some time in the night I got chills and body aches, my skin felt "prickly". I got up at 8 a.m. feeling liked creak, very achy. No fever though. I took Tylenol, Ibuprofen, and a long hot shower, then went for a walk with the dog. 12:20 p.m. and feel pretty good again. Might take a nap.

Old 12-05-2021, 02:18 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,027,362 times
I got Moderna shots 1&2 and this week Moderna booster. 1 day sore arm if husband hugged me was only side effect from booster, maybe a little fatigue but that could've been from shopping in Target where I got the booster.

I tried to get Pfizer booster (husband did this) to do mix n match but no local places had appts with Pfizer only Moderna. Husband had no side effects from his Pfizer booster he got a week earlier than me.

Old 12-05-2021, 02:27 PM

5,847 posts, read 6,179,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkletwinkle22 View Post
I got Moderna shots 1&2 and this week Moderna booster. 1 day sore arm if husband hugged me was only side effect from booster, maybe a little fatigue but that could've been from shopping in Target where I got the booster.
The CVS I got my booster at was also inside a Target (not my regular CVS). Some of their stores have the Pfizer and others have the Moderna. The pharmacist there kept my vaccine card hostage until my 15 minute waiting period was up. They were the first place to do that out of the 7 Covid vaccines I've had to wait around for (my 3 plus my kids).

I went early and did all my shopping before and just parked my cart off to the side while I waited. Multitasking

Old 12-05-2021, 02:34 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,760,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
That was a figure of speech - my arm swelled and was red and sore down to elbow level, pretty sure I posted that there might be an issue w/that arm muscle since I got bitten by something (no idea) years ago. Anyway, decided to switch arms - no redness or anything but still soreness (NOT something I can't deal with) - thinking it might have been administered a little too high. I personally think it would be better if they sat beside you rather than above you (especially if you are a smaller person and they are tall, LOL) - Still glad I got the booster rather than not.

Old 12-05-2021, 03:00 PM

173 posts, read 111,304 times
my simple curiosity is: did anyone of you actually reported your side effects to those that may register them, although these days side effects are being silenced anyway
Understanding that it is federal felony to say anything about vaxxs that gov doesn't want to hear, it tickles me how long this tread will be on here
(wishing all covid free life and the best health!)

Old 12-05-2021, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
That was a figure of speech - my arm swelled and was red and sore down to elbow level, pretty sure I posted that there might be an issue w/that arm muscle since I got bitten by something (no idea) years ago. Anyway, decided to switch arms - no redness or anything but still soreness (NOT something I can't deal with) - thinking it might have been administered a little too high. I personally think it would be better if they sat beside you rather than above you (especially if you are a smaller person and they are tall, LOL) - Still glad I got the booster rather than not.
Glad your side effects were mild - I was wondering about the poster Floorist who has claimed severe side effects.

Old 12-05-2021, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51squirrel33 View Post
my simple curiosity is: did anyone of you actually reported your side effects to those that may register them, although these days side effects are being silenced anyway
Understanding that it is federal felony to say anything about vaxxs that gov doesn't want to hear, it tickles me how long this tread will be on here
(wishing all covid free life and the best health!)
Cite?

Any potential side effect can be reported on VAERS - a government entity.

https://vaers.hhs.gov/index.html

Quote:
Anyone can report an adverse event to VAERS. Healthcare professionals are required to report certain adverse events and vaccine manufacturers are required to report all adverse events that come to their attention.,
Note that:

Quote:
VAERS is a passive reporting system, meaning it relies on individuals to send in reports of their experiences to CDC and FDA. VAERS is not designed to determine if a vaccine caused a health problem

Old 12-05-2021, 03:03 PM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Because, I know what to look for. My hemoglobin dropped very low after the 2nd and no one knew what was wrong with me. After they figured it out it was easy to treat. Turns out it is very common after the Moderna shots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness